Introduce Yourself: Answer Some Personal Questions

nat.roberts

Hi my name is natalie iv been.a type 1 diabetic for fifteen years now. I got to admit that i still struggle with it from time to time, i hate injecting all the time and get down from time to time about it.
The only thing i like about my diabetes with the insulin is that i can eat and drink anythng i want to because of the dafne regine.

Diabetes is a pain but we all experience different ways of living with it!!! :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

ivanr1

Include a photo here if you wish to.
sorry new labtop. no photos yet

- What is your name?
Ivan
- How old are you?
- Are you male or female?
Male
- Which country are you from?
Los Angeles
- Which city/area do you live in?
West Covina
- Are you religious?
Yes, Christian
- Pick three words to describe your personality.
Outgoing, Hardworker, Thrill seeker
- Do you have any pets?
Just aquired a white russian kitty named Prissy
- Microsoft or Apple?
APPLE!!! lol
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play?
i do not watch any sport but a true die hard fan of UFC
- Do you get angry easily?
no
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where?
i currently have 33 tattoos on my back and arms. i have one piercing that ive had since completing high school. a tongue ring
- List your five favourite musicians/bands.
Muse, Oasis, Rage Against the Machine, Metallica Avant, 112 and much much more
- What would you say your favourite music genre is?
Alternative and R&B
- What is your favourite flag?
never thought about that before....maybe the USA flag
- Ever gone camping?
no. i think about it and cannot see the benefit in leaving technology behind...yes i am a slave to it. haha
- Ever been in love?
ofcourse
- Ever used fake tan?
no
- Which countries have you visited?
ive been to Miami, Belize, Arizona, Denver, Texas, Mexico, and my most proudest Rome
- Favourite city?
Rome
- List your five favourite TV programmes.
Entourage (when it was on) and Law & Order SVU
- List your five favourite films.
dont really have a favorite
- Are you wealthy?
rich with family and friends. money is just an object that i refuse to slave over
- Do you work? If so, as what?
i am an Insurance Counselor for DaVita Dilaysis
- List the subjects you study/have studied.
graphic design, business management
- What do you like most about yourself?
my willingness to never give up and to always try to find a solution
- What do you like least about yourself?
i overthink alot

Have fun![/quote]

ivanr1

In regards to my last post.
Hello everyone my name is Ivan i am a father of one amazing little warrior. he is 3 going on 4 in two weeks. Jayden is his name and has been a type 1 diabetic now for 2 years. he was diagnosed at 1 1/2 years old ( a week before christmas). he has been on the Animas pump now for 11/2 years. it has worked out so well and has given us so much flexibility when it comes to eating.

my only concern is about his comfort during his sleep. he wears a belt made for the pump but it constantly moves and it sometimes ends up on his back or on his stomach when he sleeps. does anyone have any alternatives that have worked????? i have also tried putting it inside short pockets or sweat pant pockets and that seems to work out better but it occasionally falls out.

thank you

Hospital boy

Evening all :wave:

Been I type 1 since 1981, lost left leg below the knee in 2000, and right in 2008. Work full time for the.........NHS :lol:

Got problems with the right one

Cheers

HB

martyjfisher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People....
- What is your name?
Martin
- How old are you?
Male
England
Devon ;)
- Are you religious?
No
Caring, Funny, Witty
- Do you have any pets?
No
- Microsoft or Apple?
Microsoft
Hiking, Canoeing and Swimming
- Do you get angry easily?
No
I Wish, i am planning one soon tho
Too many to mention, but 30 seconds to mars etc
Any except country, Jazz and Classical
- What is your favourite flag?
Canadian..
- Ever gone camping?
Yes Love it.
- Ever been in love?
I think so
- Ever used fake tan?
No
- Which countries have you visited?
Malta, France, Canada, USA, Crete, Holland,
- Favourite city?
Vancouver
Big Bang Theory
Gladiator, Robin Hood, Transformers etc
- Are you wealthy?
I wish
Currently work for LV insurance
Computers and Photography
I take things in my stride, and overcome difficulties fairly easily.

Attachments

• 646_110781515572_2036_n.jpg
    646_110781515572_2036_n.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 1,557

earldriver

Hi my name is Michael and I have reached the age of 74 and been told by my GP that I am in the grey area
that exists between not having type 2 diabetes and being diabetic. I am trying to grasp the need to eat what I should rather than what I like and at my age that usually means I eat a lot of the wrong things. My main problem is my morbid dislike of fish and the fact that Omega 3 is a prime requirement to a successful and satisfying diet. Does omega 3 supplement meet the requirements that are essential to diabetics or in my case would be diabetic?

craftysod

:wave: Hi Guys and Gals my names David I am 66 years old and currently am Type 2. I live in Northern Ireland 5 miles outside Belfast. I have recently retired, but keep myself busy with my gardening (vegetables) only, and card making which I find very relaxing also gives all the extended family a lot of pleasure. I don't profess to be religious, but I don't decry others their beliefs. I love most types of popular music but my great passion is Rock and heavy metal, artists or groups which I follow are Metallica, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Deep Purple etc. I don't own any pets ever since I lost my favourite English Springer spaniel 4 years ago. I have travelled extensively in my life Canada for 4 months, Russia several times, the Greek islands and most European countries and several of the old Communist countries for pleasure & work. I am retired now and used to work for a well known soft drinks company as a Safety & Environmental Manager for 23 years. I used to play Rugby Union but now I am a passionate armchair Rugby Union supporter and follow England and Ulster.

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
earldriver said:
Hi my name is Michael and I have reached the age of 74 and been told by my GP that I am in the grey area
that exists between not having type 2 diabetes and being diabetic. I am trying to grasp the need to eat what I should rather than what I like and at my age that usually means I eat a lot of the wrong things. My main problem is my morbid dislike of fish and the fact that Omega 3 is a prime requirement to a successful and satisfying diet. Does omega 3 supplement meet the requirements that are essential to diabetics or in my case would be diabetic?
If you cant stomach fish then consider taking a supplement of either krill oil ( capsule form, odourless and tasteless) or flaxseed in either milled or oil capsule form.
The former is from a fish, the latter is fishy free.
These will give you you're omega oils.

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

earldriver

MCMLXXIII said:
earldriver said:
If you cant stomach fish then consider taking a supplement of either krill oil ( capsule form, odourless and tasteless) or flaxseed in either milled or oil capsule form.
The former is from a fish, the latter is fishy free.
These will give you you're omega oils.

Thank you for that reply which has led me to doing a bit more research. I discovered this article on the merits of different types of Omega 3 products.
http://voices.yahoo.com/the-differences ... 03078.html
Now obviously I know nothing about the illness yet and I don't want to be presumptious but wouldn't reports like this make you wonder? I am two days into the news that my GP gave me and she was 45 minutes late calling me into my appointment. I just mentioned that because obviously she only had time to point me towards items of literature that explain the illness and treatments which I might add is very confusing at this stage.

Finzi

Michael - one thing I would suggest is just to take a day at a time and don't try to find out/learn about everything all in one go. I don't mean you shouldn't research these things, absolutely you should, but it doesn't all have to be done at once, assimilate it a bit at a time.

Reactions: 2 people

pokertom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Salad cream, yuk yuk yuk. microwave ovens, they remove the art of cooking. Not being in control of my actions or errors Rather a perfectionist i'm afraid I like things right
Hi :wave:
Frank here U/K .65 next month, Yup i retire and can't wait. Doc gave me the news of my problem after my yearly blood test for a heart condition 2 attacks. Always looked after my self within reason. Never eaten sweets or cakes ever, my only bad habit with food is a full monty breakfast once a week :shh: 'well i'm not english if i don't :lol: I like to think i'm fun to be with lifes to short and i know that now. I enjoy good company specialy over a nice pint of good bitter.Stopped smoking after my first heart attack but well thats another story for later. Love the open country walking my woof woof ,now he's a bit special :crazy: Lakeland terrier with Real attitude.I have a few questions to ask later about my diabetes and testing and some issues i have with symptoms. Thanks for your time all and looking forward to your company. Kindest regards to all

earldriver

Finzi said:
Michael - one thing I would suggest is just to take a day at a time and don't try to find out/learn about everything all in one go. I don't mean you shouldn't research these things, absolutely you should, but it doesn't all have to be done at once, assimilate it a bit at a time.

Thank you. Celebrating 53 years of marriage today (for tomorrow) with family and I didn't fancy eating dry brown bread sandwiches. I do like to know what I am up against though, but I will heed your advice.

yelitgirl

Include a photo here if you wish to.

- What is your name?
Hi Im Julie :D
- How old are you?
im 28
im female
UK
Bristol
random,bubbly,funny
- Do you have any pets?
yes i have a dog
I like football (watching)
i have a small tattoo on my left hand
olly murs , lionel richie , westlife, one direction , JLS
pop and rnb
- Ever been in love?
yes im currently in a relationship
scrubs , eastenders , the simpsons , how i met your mother , russell howards good news
twilight saga , dirty dancing , ghost , grease, wizard of oz
- Are you wealthy?
i wish lol
i work in a pre school
i have a nvq level 2 in early years education
my personality
my looks and lack of confidence

Attachments

• 550814_282106635238564_1937773351_n.jpg
    550814_282106635238564_1937773351_n.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,580

daddy1

hi im lesley i was put on insulin in September 2112 i have been really good with the injections.ive been told not to get the diabetic food because its a waste of money because it costs more what are peoples views on diabetic food

Finzi

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary!

(And as you will learn over time - sandwiches aren't really a very good idea, but if you're going to have a little bread, plenty of butter will help slow down the sugar spike, so certainly don't need to have them dry! ;) )

Have a nice steak instead, with lots of vegetables and mushrooms :)

timbertronics

Dislikes
rude people..
Hello everyone, my names Richard, im 29, living in Norfolk, UK, have been type 1 for 14 years, could count on the fingers of one hand how many other type 1 diabetics i have spoken to in that time! Since the technology exists i figured this site could be a good way of changing that!
.... Look forward to speaking to you all! ( well at least some of you's!) :clap:

WilliamIrvine

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who think they are the only one's in the world that have any problems, animal abuse of any type
daddy1 said:
hi im lesley i was put on insulin in September 2112 i have been really good with the injections.ive been told not to get the diabetic food because its a waste of money because it costs more what are peoples views on diabetic food

Hey Lesley - yeah avoid the diabetic foods for various reasosn but the main is they do cost more and every dietician and healthcare prof that I speak to say that if you stick to a normal healthy diet you'll be fine.

WilliamIrvine

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who think they are the only one's in the world that have any problems, animal abuse of any type
timbertronics said:
Hello everyone, my names Richard, im 29, living in Norfolk, UK, have been type 1 for 14 years, could count on the fingers of one hand how many other type 1 diabetics i have spoken to in that time! Since the technology exists i figured this site could be a good way of changing that!
.... Look forward to speaking to you all! ( well at least some of you's!) :clap:

Hey welcome to the site Richard. Yeah this place is great full of info etc. Hopefully speak to you around here somewhere :)

alisoningold

Type of diabetes
Type 1
- What is your name? Alison
- How old are you? 28
- Are you male or female? Female
- Which country are you from? England
- Which city/area do you live in? Worthing
- Are you religious? No
- Do you have any pets? Yes
- Microsoft or Apple? Different ones for different applications!
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? F1
- Do you get angry easily? Yes
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? Yes
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Fifties
- What is your favourite flag? Err... What?!
- Ever gone camping? Yes
- Ever been in love? Yes
- Ever used fake tan? No
- Favourite city? I don't have one
- Do you work? Yes

I cut some out. What on EARTH does "what is your favourite flag?" mean?! That's the most random question I've ever seen :?

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mines a crazy paving one just on the patio ( flag):lol:

Welcome to the forum folks:lol: