Food Diary?

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots, bullies,politicians, David Cameron, Nick Clegg, Ian Duncan smith, racist, homophobes, people unwilling to learn, to tolerate, to listen and in turn be listened too. animal abuser's and people who just don't think about what they say and how it can or could affect the people around them.
does anyone keep one of these? I've started to keep one as i have a feeling my Nutritionist/weight doctor ect will want to know what I've been eating and I hate being told to do something for months in order to get onto the next stage so I try to preempt stuff like this!

I think it's also a good way of keeping track of what your eating, when too. I've tried not to snake as much or if I do, carrot sticks and apples if I must.

so just wondering what your option is on the matter?

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
When starting out, great idea, as long as you're testing BG levels. No point really keeping a diary otherwise, unless you wish to gain/lose weight. I just keep a record of BG levels, medication taken and carbs consumed now.

Reactions: 2 people

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots, bullies,politicians, David Cameron, Nick Clegg, Ian Duncan smith, racist, homophobes, people unwilling to learn, to tolerate, to listen and in turn be listened too. animal abuser's and people who just don't think about what they say and how it can or could affect the people around them.
cool :) I have to lose weight, so it's not a bad idea for me!

hen I can FINALLY test my BS i'll start recording them. wouldn't have thought of doing that along side the food eaten :)

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
If you record BG readings before eating and a couple of hours after, you can see how certain foods affect your BG levels. This reminds you which foods you can tolerate and which to avoid.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use myfitnesspal but as mo says, your doctors won't want to see such detailed records

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I keep truck of my exercise and what I eat using the myfitnesspal app on my phone. understand that there is also a related Internet site you can use if you prefer. This has a very useful and very extensive database of food and their nutrients.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
I also track exercise as this can also play a major part in good BG control. MyFitnessPal is a very good app, it has a good barcode reader function to work out carb values of shop bought items and it's FREE !

Beshlie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I write down what I eat, BG level before and 2 hrs after, cals and comments at the moment. I'm only 2 months into T2 so having to find out what I can eat etc.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
does anyone keep one of these? I've started to keep one as i have a feeling my Nutritionist/weight doctor ect will want to know what I've been eating and I hate being told to do something for months in order to get onto the next stage so I try to preempt stuff like this!

I think it's also a good way of keeping track of what your eating, when too. I've tried not to snake as much or if I do, carrot sticks and apples if I must.

so just wondering what your option is on the matter?

I have to be the worst for keeping a diary and only do so when things go astray, I now use a meter that records carbs, insulin, health and exercise and this can be downloaded so it's a god-send for me, you can't input what you eat but I have no doubt the meter manufacturers will be working on this.

I think for you Pixie keeping a diary is a excellent idea so that you can work closely with your health team.

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I started out keeping a written diary, but now I just use the my fitness pal app. So far no one vaguely medical has asked to see any diary.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I dip in and out of keeping a food diary. I am at the moment because control has gone out the window, but once I'm sorted ill probably ditch it again.

I think they're great for weight loss though. When it comes to a snack if you have to write it down before you eat it then it usually makes you think twice!

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
well ive totally failed the last two days, i had not good food and i feel bad, mentally :(

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
well ive totally failed the last two days, i had not good food and i feel bad, mentally :(
Forget about the last 2 days, they're gone. Start afresh ! We all fall off the wagon occasionally, just gotta stick with it !

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's in the past, start over!

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
l use the food diary found on the main site print off A4 landscape

Also keep BG diary made my own for this
Run Diary
Excercise diary
Body stats diary
Cholestrol diary

Reactions: 3 people

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
l use the food diary found on the main site print off A4 landscape

Also keep BG diary made my own for this
Run Diary
Excercise diary
Body stats diary
Cholestrol diary

thats cool, will give that a go when I finally know what I'm doing properly :)

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Forget about the last 2 days, they're gone. Start afresh ! We all fall off the wagon occasionally, just gotta stick with it !
That's in the past, start over!

thank folks :) the feeling of guilt and being tired shall pass soon no doubt :) I was doing so well as well.no worrys thou, no one is perfect :)

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I find mysugr fab as it tracks bg as well as carbs and can be adjusted for whichever diabetes you have. You can also input exercise and you can earn points for JDUK? I think it's called?

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
I find mysugr fab as it tracks bg as well as carbs and can be adjusted for whichever diabetes you have. You can also input exercise and you can earn points for JDUK? I think it's called?

that's cool, I like that :)