So so so depressed :(:(

tugbagurbuz

Helloo,
I got diagnosed with type 1 on the 14th of jan 2014. I still eat a lot of carbs but my blood sugar levels seem to be withing the normal range, just need to balance it with insulin

I felt like you about a week or 2 back but i think its about still appreciating what we have unlike others.

Having said that, i hope you will feel better

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

KazV1

I'm also a self confessed carb lover. 90% of my diet is carb lol toast pasta potatoe etc. I struggle with breakfast as all cereal spikes me so I stick to trusty toast. What's a good breakfast that's not starch carb that's good on the sugars???

4 egg omelette, a few slices of avocado and handful of blueberries.

Charisma_1630

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
4 egg omelette, a few slices of avocado and handful of blueberries.
Thank u. I was told on my carb course that's it's not good for us to eat a lot of no carb meals as we would keep missing insulin. They said once in a while is ok.

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
Thank u. I was told on my carb course that's it's not good for us to eat a lot of no carb meals as we would keep missing insulin. They said once in a while is ok.
This is a low carb, not a no carb suggestion - my typical breakfast is 2 boiled eggs, small avocado with home made vinaigrette dressing plus 2-3 times a week berries plus full fat yogurt or 40% fat cream. Plus B Vits, Magnesium supplements, omega 3 rich oils....I would so love to go back to weetabix, wholemeal toast, oat porridge..but all exacerbate my blood sugar and pretty ugly mood swings - only low carb keeps me mellow - just my personal experience.

Reactions: 4 people

KazV1

This is a low carb, not a no carb suggestion - my typical breakfast is 2 boiled eggs, small avocado with home made vinaigrette dressing plus 2-3 times a week berries plus full fat yogurt or 40% fat cream. Plus B Vits, Magnesium supplements, omega 3 rich oils....I would so love to go back to weetabix, wholemeal toast, oat porridge..but all exacerbate my blood sugar and pretty ugly mood swings - only low carb keeps me mellow - just my personal experience.

Agree with this.