Diabetic Review

John_ch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not a lot!
Hi all, just back from my review with the nurse. My HbA1c has went up from 6.9 to 11% (53 - 97mmol/mol) I have to increase my Glicazide from one 80mg tablet to twice a day and she thinks I may have to step up to 160mg twice a day! I have an appointment again in two weeks with the nurse and will see the dietician on Thursday. Bloods just don't want to come down and my daily average is 20!
Just got to keep plodding along and work hard at it!
I was also asked to change my meter to the True You Mini made by Nipro, any views on this meter? I like the small size and the lancets are nice and fine. Only con so far is I can't download to my PC!
John

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hi John

It's a shame they are rising. Have you tried a diet/exercise approach as well as meds?

Some of the NHs dieticians have been less help but I brought my levels down with diet

Cara

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
I was also asked to change my meter to the True You Mini made by Nipro, any views on this meter? I like the small size and the lancets are nice and fine. Only con so far is I can't download to my PC!
John
how many strips do you use/day? The strips have a limited life once opened,I have been told. Also, if you cannot download, neither can a diabetician so hard if they need to find your 3 month BG record! eg for DVLA! Personally downloading to spreadsheet for analysis is very important.

John_ch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not a lot!
Hi John

It's a shame they are rising. Have you tried a diet/exercise approach as well as meds?

Some of the NHs dieticians have been less help but I brought my levels down with diet

Cara

Hi Cara, I try to get out every day for a walk ( 5 mile) and have been making sure that my carb intake is no more than 70g... Have cut out all white bread and sugars etc.

John_ch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not a lot!
how many strips do you use/day? The strips have a limited life once opened,I have been told. Also, if you cannot download, neither can a diabetician so hard if they need to find your 3 month BG record! eg for DVLA! Personally downloading to spreadsheet for analysis is very important.

I have to agree about downloading and i intend to keep using my own monitor. I test about 6 to 8 times a day just now, trying to work out what foods spike my readings. Although the dn said I should only need to test a couple of times a day. Might just use both ?

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. How old are you and what is your BMI. You seem to be doing the right thing by keeping the carbs right down