i have decided to stop eating at all

ani010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having to take so many medications, having little energy.
My best friend living so far away in scotland.
Bloody go government benifit changes that help scroungers and not those who really need help.
Hi all, ive only been type 1 since October but have had chronic neuropathic pain for 9 years. Mine is in my abdomen and its like being in labour 24/7 365, and im on a cocktail of 21 pills per day. My main painkiller is morphine, and up until the summer I was on the highest legal amount I could get (400 mg per day) but my consultant wanted it reduced, (yeah coz she doesnt feel my pain!). Anyway I have an appointment to see my gp next week to ask to go back up, im currently on 180 in the morning and before bed and the pain is so much worse. They dont know what caused my neuropathy but all they can do is manage the pain.

So I understand some of what ur going through hun, and ask my husband most days to shoot me and to put me out of this pain and misery, and im glad he says no, i have a nearly 4 year old grandson and a grandaugher on the way, and its these little ones that keep me going.

I do agree with the others on here that are telling u to talk to somebody, can u ask ur doctor to refere u for some psyc help? Talking has helped me in the past.

I know ur in pain hun but im sure it would brake ur wifes heart if u do something silly.

Good luck and please talk to someone!!

xxxx

Reactions: 2 people

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Knowing others Won't learn from my mistakes, Being TERMINALLY ILL !
Hi all, ive only been type 1 since October but have had chronic neuropathic pain for 9 years. Mine is in my abdomen and its like being in labour 24/7 365, and im on a cocktail of 21 pills per day. My main painkiller is morphine, and up until the summer I was on the highest legal amount I could get (400 mg per day) but my consultant wanted it reduced, (yeah coz she doesnt feel my pain!). Anyway I have an appointment to see my gp next week to ask to go back up, im currently on 180 in the morning and before bed and the pain is so much worse. They dont know what caused my neuropathy but all they can do is manage the pain.

So I understand some of what ur going through hun, and ask my husband most days to shoot me and to put me out of this pain and misery, and im glad he says no, i have a nearly 4 year old grandson and a grandaugher on the way, and its these little ones that keep me going.

I do agree with the others on here that are telling u to talk to somebody, can u ask ur doctor to refere u for some psyc help? Talking has helped me in the past.

I know ur in pain hun but im sure it would brake ur wifes heart if u do something silly.

Good luck and please talk to someone!!

xxxx

Heartilly Agreed !

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Personally I think you are throwing your life away and you are putting your wife in an impossible situation. She will have to live with this for the rest of her life. If you are determined to go through with what you say though, don't tell us, tell a newspaper, the sort which will campaign about the poor quality of healthcare. The All Party Parliamentary Committee on diabetes have stated that diabetes care in the NHS is abismal so you already have them on your side. When MPs start to read copy in newspapers, they will use it as an excuse to get their mugshots on the telly and in the papers and there is an election next year. They will be using you but not as much as you are using them. Kicking up a fuss and publically embarassing NHS officials is just about the only way to get things done thesedays.

m_cooper

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i have very little blood to my feet,which stops if i walk maybe that affects the neuropathy,anyway since i stopped eating the neuropathy is much less

Dogbutler

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi Mr Cooper,
Firstly don't give up, go to your doc and demand pain relief. If they refuse, just ask for a complaint form and watch the attitude change.

Believe me, I understand what long-term pain can do, and the change you feel when you finally get some relief.
Pain can be so all consuming that we lose the ability to to think straight. Try to get some pain killing medication and see if it makes a difference to the way you feel and your outlook on life.

If you choose not to eat, the inevitable will follow and you'll become another statistic.
Don't let that happen - I'm sure your family would be devastated.

As Yorksman says, report your plight to a source that can bring it to the nation's attention. There's nothing like embarrassment to bring the NHS to heel.

Wishing you all the best,

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
i have very little blood to my feet,which stops if i walk maybe that affects the neuropathy,anyway since i stopped eating the neuropathy is much less

Neuropathy is to do with the nerves not blood. If you have very poor circulation in the feet you are in danger of gangrene not neuropathy. You are probably alarming yourself unnecessarily and constant nagging pains clouds thinking. Even a bad toothache can wear you out physically and emotionally and even dentiists recognise the need for emergency treatment.

You need firstly, pain relief and secondly, health advice.

If you present yourself to A&E late one evening, say a friday evening, you will be attended to. Your GP surgery will get a bill for £78 which they won't like and they will tell you off. Just tell them that you were in too much pain to wait until monday morning and even then probably have to wait for an appointment. You needed pain relief there and then and ask them what provisions they make for emergency treament. Often you get referred to a GP Out of Hours service.

GPs do not like other health care colleagues talking about their poor service or lack of care. I know of one doctor in A&E who said, 'tell the GP I know he is lying and give him my name'. People pass the buck whatever the profession.

Reactions: 5 people

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Knowing others Won't learn from my mistakes, Being TERMINALLY ILL !
this seems to be the only way to lessen the neuropathy,all i want to do now is die really

PM finally sent, sorry for slight delay, please get in touch if you would like too !

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
My god you are having a really rough time, please hold on and take all the help that is offered.

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
**** but you are having a bad time and I bet all those good hearted people around you have told you that there are people much worse off than you. So there are but constant pain is the worse thing for fogging the brain and making any kind of decisions almost impossible. But let me tell you that life is a gift, it's precious and needs to be taken care of not thrown away needlessly.

Your life doesn't have to be like this. First pain relief is essential, without it nothing seems worth it but I do know that just making the effort is the hardest thing, just taking that first step is almost impossible but once that's done you can move onto the next. Hospitals and Doctors are there to help you and I know that you have had a lousy experience of them but do what Yorksman said, get out there and make a noise! You are part of us, you are part of your family, you aren't an island. Everything you do affects someone else even if you think you are totally alone. Your wife is still with you and I can't imagine how hard this is for her too.

Life is hard sometimes, the bumps in the road can seem like impossible mountains too tough to climb but you are in charge of your life and every decision you make, good or bad, is your responsibility. kman is a master of pill taking but he is a master of mastering his pain too. Sometimes his life seems appallingly bad but he is an inspiration although I know he never sets out to be, he reckons he is an ordinary bloke, it's not so but that's what he thinks.

Don't die, don't leave this earth in defeat. Fight back with all the courage you can muster and even if that's only a minuscule amount at the moment, every time you make a decision not to give in that courage will grow. Believe me and for goodness sake mate, eat something. Not all food will make your neuropathy worse, you can find out a lot about that on here.

Take care please.