What is it with jeans?

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Visiting family in Ireland told off by grandson " Grannies dont wear jeans" I think he expected me to sit in a rocking chair and knit!:woot:
CAROL
I thought that was part of the job spec. Long hair in bun (grey of course), skirts with elasticated waists, flat shoes in beige. When you're not doing knitting, you should be baking in the kitchen. Stop being a rebel!

Reactions: 3 people

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
Ok putting my 2 peneth in here I almost never go to the High street shops. I have shopped with Ambrose Wilson catalogue for years. You can order 2 sizes at once and try on in your own home. Send back what you don't want FREE of charge. Send for a catalogue, but I always shop online. Associated with a myriad of other catalogues you can flip from one to another and your basket should go with you ( it doesn't always) Crazy Clearance is part of the group great clothes at discount prices.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've moved away from Jeans to Chinos. they look smarter and much easier to get them to fit (if you can find them- matalan were good)

I wear chinos for work :) I tend to always but from next, but they are VERY generous in their sizes. I always drop down a size in there

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I wear chinos for work :) I tend to always but from next, but they are VERY generous in their sizes. I always drop down a size in there

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com
Same You cant go wrong with black/navy chinos and a polo. Ive gone with M&S outlet though as a) cheap B) not very fitted. Need a bit of freedom in mine for when I'm breaking engines/ pumps down.

Reactions: 7 people
K

Kat100

I look positively ridiculous in jeans, on the other hand, me better half has really slimmed down over the past few years.
She came home after shopping at the week-end wearing a big "woo-hoo look at this", face on her.
She'd popped into Asda for a nosey before the shopping and bought herself a pair of men's jeans for £6.
Heck, £6!!!! She does looks good in them though.
I've still to ask her what the heck was she doing looking in the men's jeans section, she'll probably say
"looking for jeans you old fool".

Now, if only I could pop into Asda and buy myself a pair of "lookin' good in them" female jeans......................

:playful:

Enjoy your jeans ladies.

willie. :)
Hi willie....don't shop at jeans ha ha ......x ;)

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Whatever floats your boat, he, he! :D

:playful:

Serves me right for posting a reply in a ladies thread. :joyful:

Lessons have been learned. LOL

willie. :)

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Visiting family in Ireland told off by grandson " Grannies dont wear jeans" I think he expected me to sit in a rocking chair and knit!:woot:
CAROL
:) This Grannie wears jeans too, from M&S, men's usually because they fit me better, lol. I don't know what's happened to standard sizes these days. A size 12, 14 etc used to be the same wherever you shopped, now it's a suck it and see thing....ummmm , you know what I mean! :meh:

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
This grannie also wears jeans, all day every day, and always from M&S. Agree that M&S sizing has a mind of its own, hit and miss, but Per Una seem to get it better than other ranges. I buy on-line as we have no M&S locally, so do get annoyed when things don't fit.

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This grannie also wears jeans, all day every day, and always from M&S. Agree that M&S sizing has a mind of its own, hit and miss, but Per Una seem to get it better than other ranges. I buy on-line as we have no M&S locally, so do get annoyed when things don't fit.
Me too, (not actually a granny yet but plenty old enough to be one!) I always buy M&S online. Not a lot of choice in my size but they nearly always fit. (Well, as well as anything can 'fit' at size 24!)