Need some encouragement

Lucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I feel a bit 'uuugggghhhh'. I'm on a fasting day today (not fasting as such but restricted to 500 cals). Haven't had anything yet today except for tea and coffee and my stomach is verbally telling me off. It's a good job I have no meetings this morning or everyone would have to listen to it! I don't normally find fasting days very difficult, after all, it's only for the day but all I can think about at the moment is FOOD!!! I'm trying to think of the benefits, but it's not cutting it today. :arghh:

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi Lucie75,
Sounds as if your stomach has more brains than you, so take heed. give her a little something to keep her happy.
:):):)

Reactions: 3 people

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you on the 5-2 diet?

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like torture to me. It's much kinder to spread your calories out evenly over the week.

m1dpq

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not a great lot.. Jazz, People who think they are better than others..
Can i ask why you are fasting?

Lucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes Indiana, I've been doing 5:2 for a couple of months but have found it really hard this week, mainly because I'm out of routine what with kids being of school etc. Seems to be working well though. My bs levels have been good, I feel much better and don't really feel like I'm constantly watching what I eat. Family and friends have also started to notice that I'm losing weight so a little bit of restriction is definitely working for me. Have just had blood taken for an upcoming hospital appointment so I'll be interested to see what effect it has had on my cholesterol. I'm past the worst part of my day now and after today I don't have another fasting day until Monday!! :D

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Rather you than me Lucie :)

Lucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Each to their own Noblehead. It isn't for everyone and I didn't think I'd be able to do it (there are some days where I still don't!). I was the sort of person who thought about food constantly and often ate out of habit rather than hunger. This has really worked for me (at least for now) because it has taught me to think about food differently and I have learnt what it feels like to be hungry. I didn't think this would happen (in fact I thought I'd over-consume on non-fast days), but even on days where I can eat mostly what I want I find I skip meals because I'm not hungry. I'm really surprised.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Each to their own Noblehead. It isn't for everyone and I didn't think I'd be able to do it (there are some days where I still don't!). I was the sort of person who thought about food constantly and often ate out of habit rather than hunger. This has really worked for me (at least for now) because it has taught me to think about food differently and I have learnt what it feels like to be hungry. I didn't think this would happen (in fact I thought I'd over-consume on non-fast days), but even on days where I can eat mostly what I want I find I skip meals because I'm not hungry. I'm really surprised.

As good a reason as any Lucie, if something works it works and it certainly has helped in your case :)

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes Indiana, I've been doing 5:2 for a couple of months but have found it really hard this week, mainly because I'm out of routine what with kids being of school etc. Seems to be working well though. My bs levels have been good, I feel much better and don't really feel like I'm constantly watching what I eat. Family and friends have also started to notice that I'm losing weight so a little bit of restriction is definitely working for me. Have just had blood taken for an upcoming hospital appointment so I'll be interested to see what effect it has had on my cholesterol. I'm past the worst part of my day now and after today I don't have another fasting day until Monday!! :D

My mom and dad do this, their days are Mondays and Thursdays.
I tried to do it a few times and failed!

Well done on sticking to it :)

Indiana x

Lucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My mom and dad do this, their days are Mondays and Thursdays.
I tried to do it a few times and failed!

I have to stick to the same days each week just to 'make' me do it. Mine are Mondays and Wednesdays...

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's what they do too, I become a demon when I'm hungry haha it's not fair on everyone else!

Indiana x