Whats your weirdest phobia?

Lucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Don't know if you'd say it was a phobia but I cannot stand the sound of people eating. I zone in on it at mealtimes etc and it's all I can hear. Hate it hate it hate it.

Reactions: 3 people

mistyweather

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't know if you'd say it was a phobia but I cannot stand the sound of people eating. I zone in on it at mealtimes etc and it's all I can hear. Hate it hate it hate it.
Ooo this reminds me of my childhood. My mum always had to put the radio on at family mealtimes because she couldn't stand the sound of the rest of us eating.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Some can make an awful noise :D

Flowerpot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Eyelids, human ones. Anyone touching my eyelids makes my legs go completely hollow, a real nightmare at eye and contact lens clinics, I have to hold my breath and grip the seat. Seeing close ups of peoples faces either in person or on television, I just can't look at their eyelids, my heart is thumping just writing about the wretched things! :eek:

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eyelids, human ones. Anyone touching my eyelids makes my legs go completely hollow, a real nightmare at eye and contact lens clinics, I have to hold my breath and grip the seat. Seeing close ups of peoples faces either in person or on television, I just can't look at their eyelids, my heart is thumping just writing about the wretched things! :eek:
One of the anti-smoking ads that they put on ciggy packets in Oz has the photo of an eye held open with metal bits, presumably for some sort of operation - just seeing, or even thinking about, the pic makes my blood run cold. Anything to do with eyes freaks me out big time.

Reactions: 2 people

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
:greedy:
Daddy Long Legs (crane fly).
I was playing as a kid and got one in my mouth spit it out and went in the house to clean my teeth there were legs stuck in my teeth. Eww.
Ever since then I freak out if one comes near me. I hate the way they just flit around. Oh just thinking of it leaves me cold.

Daddy Long Legs too.
Wasps - we have had them getting into the house and I got attacked and stung (not really weird this one)
Fingernails squeaking down glass or mirrors - makes me shiver.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Snakes - I was scared by a grass snake when I was a little girl.
Slugs - yuck
Oh and Arsenal fans

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NicolaB70

Would a weird one be, when having a long shower and your fingers go all soft (not sure what the term is actually called) But when they're soft and saggy, when they're like that and i touch a lid to shower gel or shampoo or something it makes me cringe alot

I'm like that but it's with paper. I can't touch it after I've had wet hands. Don't know why but it makes me cringe.
I've also got a phobia/ fear of birds and feathers. Can't touch feathers at all and absolutely hate birds flying or near me

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

K

Kat100

:greedy:
Daddy Long Legs (crane fly).
I was playing as a kid and got one in my mouth spit it out and went in the house to clean my teeth there were legs stuck in my teeth. Eww.
Ever since then I freak out if one comes near me. I hate the way they just flit around. Oh just thinking of it leaves me cold.
That is awful , I scream at any kind of spider .....awful to be so scarred though ...x

Mark James

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
not eating food, or drinking
Mine is heights i fell of my bungalow roof and went straight through my garage roof luckily only suffered cuts and bruises.

Mark

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
....polystyrene ooooh can't bear the feel of it, makes me go cold and then when it squeaks....:nailbiting:

popsy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
Don't have any myself I can think of but my wife is terrified of clowns ?????

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
That's called Coulrophobia. I saw an episode of something, a dectective series but can't remember what, where a clown was killed because of the phobia this person had about it. Took 'em ages to solve it!

I am terrified of heights but I don't think that's very unusual is it? I had a sister in law who hated washing wooden utensils. It put her teeth on edge so badly she had to get someone else to do it! My Mum was a spider hater too, once when we were little we couldn't go to bed because there was a huge spider in the corner of the bedroom and Dad was out...he got rid of them :) Of course she passed it on to us but I once forced myself to pick one up, walk slowly to the door and throw it outside. Just as well I got over it, this place is swarming with spiders! My partner freaks about rats.....and spiders ;)

Reactions: 3 people

1103andrewb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being single after losing my wife to cancer last year xxx
not knowing where I am, (being lost somewhere strange) and losing one of my 3 mobile phones xx

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
my mum has a serious phobia of spiders always has (which is a problem now dads gone) but when i was a kid, i put one of thse giant rubber spiders on her shoulder when were in a shop and she fainted, she dropped like a stone right there and then, i was hysterical i thought id killed her, wasnt funny lol, you only ever do that once

popsy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
Oh housework? Does housework count? :p

Sent from DCUK App