1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Whats your weirdest phobia?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by este, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Lucie75

Lucie75 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Don't know if you'd say it was a phobia but I cannot stand the sound of people eating. I zone in on it at mealtimes etc and it's all I can hear. Hate it hate it hate it.

• Like Like x 3
  2. mistyweather

mistyweather Type 2 · Active Member

Ooo this reminds me of my childhood. My mum always had to put the radio on at family mealtimes because she couldn't stand the sound of the rest of us eating.

3. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Some can make an awful noise :D

4. Flowerpot

Flowerpot Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Eyelids, human ones. Anyone touching my eyelids makes my legs go completely hollow, a real nightmare at eye and contact lens clinics, I have to hold my breath and grip the seat. Seeing close ups of peoples faces either in person or on television, I just can't look at their eyelids, my heart is thumping just writing about the wretched things! :eek:

5. Indy51

Indy51 Type 2 · Expert

One of the anti-smoking ads that they put on ciggy packets in Oz has the photo of an eye held open with metal bits, presumably for some sort of operation - just seeing, or even thinking about, the pic makes my blood run cold. Anything to do with eyes freaks me out big time.

• Like Like x 2
  6. daisy1

daisy1 Type 2 · Legend
    Retired Moderator

Daddy Long Legs too.
    Wasps - we have had them getting into the house and I got attacked and stung (not really weird this one)
    Fingernails squeaking down glass or mirrors - makes me shiver.

7. zand

zand Type 2 · Expert

Snakes - I was scared by a grass snake when I was a little girl.
    Slugs - yuck
    Oh and Arsenal fans

#27 zand, Apr 30, 2014 at 3:58 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2014
  8. NicolaB70

NicolaB70 · Guest

I'm like that but it's with paper. I can't touch it after I've had wet hands. Don't know why but it makes me cringe.
    I've also got a phobia/ fear of birds and feathers. Can't touch feathers at all and absolutely hate birds flying or near me

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

9. Samanthacxo

Samanthacxo Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I'm terrified of foxes! but what makes me want to roll up into a ball and cry, is the thought of chewing cotton wool! Nooo!

10. Kat100

Kat100 · Guest

That is awful , I scream at any kind of spider .....awful to be so scarred though ...x

11. mrman

mrman Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Don't have any myself I can think of but my wife is terrified of clowns ?????

• Like Like x 4
  12. merylann

merylann Type 2 · Member

I don't like clowns either. Reminds me of pennywise lol. Also terrified of spiders, daddy long legs and wasps

13. Twinks

Twinks · Well-Known Member

Bellybuttons, they make me cringe so bad especially when some one plays with theirs

14. Mark James

Mark James Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Mine is heights i fell of my bungalow roof and went straight through my garage roof luckily only suffered cuts and bruises.

Mark

15. Pollylocks

Pollylocks Type 2 · Well-Known Member

....polystyrene ooooh can't bear the feel of it, makes me go cold and then when it squeaks....:nailbiting:

16. Heathenlass

Heathenlass Type 1 · Well-Known Member

17. popsy

popsy Type 2 · Well-Known Member

That's called Coulrophobia. I saw an episode of something, a dectective series but can't remember what, where a clown was killed because of the phobia this person had about it. Took 'em ages to solve it!

I am terrified of heights but I don't think that's very unusual is it? I had a sister in law who hated washing wooden utensils. It put her teeth on edge so badly she had to get someone else to do it! My Mum was a spider hater too, once when we were little we couldn't go to bed because there was a huge spider in the corner of the bedroom and Dad was out...he got rid of them :) Of course she passed it on to us but I once forced myself to pick one up, walk slowly to the door and throw it outside. Just as well I got over it, this place is swarming with spiders! My partner freaks about rats.....and spiders ;)

• Like Like x 3
  18. 1103andrewb

1103andrewb Type 2 · Member

not knowing where I am, (being lost somewhere strange) and losing one of my 3 mobile phones xx

19. Andy12345

Andy12345 Type 2 · Expert

my mum has a serious phobia of spiders always has (which is a problem now dads gone) but when i was a kid, i put one of thse giant rubber spiders on her shoulder when were in a shop and she fainted, she dropped like a stone right there and then, i was hysterical i thought id killed her, wasnt funny lol, you only ever do that once

• Like Like x 2
  20. popsy

popsy Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Oh housework? Does housework count? :p

Sent from DCUK App

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook