Whats your weirdest phobia?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Heights. I completely freeze at the edge of sheer drops.i freak out and they have to pull me away, shaking, sweating and totally blank. Embarrassing!

Butter, marg. cold cheese. Make me vomit.

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
im ok with cotton wool unless its in my mouth (dentist buds count) or the thought of a wooly jumper in my mouth makes me go cold just thinking about it

busy tube trains are also a phobia ive recently realised, after getting on the tube for the first time in donkeys years, people touch you ewwww, lol i dont mean inappropriately, when your sitting they kind of spread out like you might if you knew them, i ended up scrunched in the middle trying not to be touched by strangers, sweating like pig lol

and dead things, for example i cant look at road kill but could happily cuddle them alive, i dont mind spiders at all, i can play with them but once they are dead eeeek! cant go near them, i have managed to avoid any of our cats and dogs being dead in my presence over the years, when my last cat died the wife rang me and told me i needed to come home, yeah right, i helped out by instructing her to put it in a sack and take it to the vets, also i go fishing alot for carp and hold them for photos etc no problem but a dead goldfish floating on my pond aaaargh cant bear it lol

edit: doctors, dsn and dieticians
I also can't abide the thought of wool in my mouth and especially not on my teeth. I'm having a reaction just thinking about it. I don't like it touching my nails either.

I can't do dead things either. Ugh!

Someone else mentioned foil on teeth/in mouth. Hate it!

I know someone whose daughter has a phobia of buttons. A nightmare when she was growing up.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
One of the anti-smoking ads that they put on ciggy packets in Oz has the photo of an eye held open with metal bits, presumably for some sort of operation - just seeing, or even thinking about, the pic makes my blood run cold. Anything to do with eyes freaks me out big time.
I agree @Indy51 that ciggie advert is horrible!!

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Bugs ...any sort of bugs give me the creeps....

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Spiders :nailbiting:
Things that flap near me ie the birdies or butterfly's or yeah things that flap. :nailbiting:
Got a fear of things being in the water like fish ect , freaks me out !! Specially when there is loads of water. :nailbiting:

Not good lol .

:):):)

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I only have one real phobia:
Spiders
And it's a real one. Totally unreasoning panic. I would crash the car if I spotted a spider knitting on the visor.

Then I have a mini-phobe too:
  • Creepy music in suspense/horror films.

Theresa65

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Clowns, I hate anything to do with them. Just the sight of a circus tent and I'm covered in goosebumps

Also I cannot stand the feel of that microfibre stuf

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I used to be afraid of heights. Well not so much heights, as edges.
That seems to have gone now, as physically I'm in a much better shape, my balance is better, so I'm not afraid I'll be blown over, or simply fall off.

Swimming out of my depth. Again, gone for the same reason, unfit and thinking I'd sink and drown, although I had to push that one a couple of weeks ago, snorkelling over a 60ft drop, I had to make an effort to swim over it in the first place.

Still don't like anything near my eyes, especially birds flying around. Hitchcock’s the birds to blame for that, watched when I was far too small.

bonus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sure is this counts as phobia but i HATE constant / annoying things. Like people sneezing / coughing constantly over and over all at once or.. rattles , and recurring noises over and over , i just have to move out the area.

It just winds me up and makes me angry!! :banghead:

D

Deleted member 83869

Trampolines....and so it seems eggs LOL Erm mice, spiders, any insect really....so basically a typical girl!!

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
Worms (makes my stomach squirm thinking about it)
Snot and sputum (a hangover from my paediatric nursing days?)
Creepy crawlies (big secondary gain there - gets me out of the gardening LOL)
Walking on grass with bare feet
Sand between my toes *shudders*
Telephones (once had to give bad news and not felt comfortable using them ever since)
Letters and the mail man (once got bad news by mail - lasted for years that one)
Doctors - once had a horrible GP who totally destroyed my faith in doctors and anything medical

Why is it, I can use hypnotherapy to help other people be free from their phobias...but when it comes to my own, there's soooo many? LOL

D

Deleted member 83869

Spiders :nailbiting:
Things that flap near me ie the birdies or butterfly's or yeah things that flap. :nailbiting:
Got a fear of things being in the water like fish ect , freaks me out !! Specially when there is loads of water. :nailbiting:

Not good lol .

:):):)

Things that flap hahahha Cloe you crack me up!! :p xxx

Tracieo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I am with the friend and anything with wings. Yelled my head off when I bird flew into the office and then hid under my desk. Made my colleagues laugh for days.

my other totally stupid phobia is of vomit or feeling sick.

annelise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unfriendly and bigotted persons; i.e. persons who do not have an open or enquiring mind - but all within reason - persons may have a reason to appear as such - we will never know their backgrounds or where they come from ...
I guess mine are not really weird but here goes:

- annual tax returns (priority phobia!)
- contacts with 'authorities' of most any kind
- answering phone calls from unknown or unlisted numbers (will mostly not answer them; if they are important, I reason the caller will either text me or send me a letter)
- noise from my neighbours - not the common 'human' noises of daily living but noise from their 'machinery'. Unlike them, I seem to have a very good hearing ... - good for me though, so am not really justified in calling this a phobia ...
- and of course: dentists! - have now been nudged by several letters to have a follow-up appointment ... - hmmm

Contrarily to many of you, I have no problems with insects or 'critters' of any kind. I can see that I have spiders around the house and I will often take down their spins and can see that they may obviously sometimes have made some good kills ... - keeps those other insects out of my way!

annelise