Midlands get together

monkeynuts

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi peeps.

I was wondering if there would be any interest in a social get together. A chance for diabetics to have a chat and may be a drink! Nothing overly formal, purely a social. It would be nice to meet other diabetics to share different experiences. If there is a genuine interest ill have a look at a few venues in the sunny Midlands.

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm from the midlands, would be up for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 people

Nottslad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah I wouldn't mind going, but im in Nottingham so pretty central to most places and easy to get to places from here....

monkeynuts

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What a manic day. Sorry for the late response. I was thinking Birmingham as its easy to get to and plenty of venues. I am only just getting started on twitter so any help would be appreciated :) I have just put a post on twitter to advertise it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

sweet_pea88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Ignorance, bullies, balloons, **** on TV :-)
Has anyone got any further with this? I'm just starting on a journey to set up a group in Birmingham for type 1 diabetics. I don't know if there are people who might be interested. It's getting the information out there. Posted etc... :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

monkeynuts

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello there. Unfortunately there was not a large response. I would be happy to meet with other type1's as personal I don't know any.

sweet_pea88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Oh this is great! Are either of you two on twitter or Facebook? Or would you prefer email address?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I would love to meet up but live an hour away so it's really dependent on when and where as am a mum and work full time too, post an update and remember it's like a snowball, it will gather momentum, bit like my fundraising for JDRF (shamelessly promoting it again... Lol)..

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Brum's a bit of a trek for me I'm afraid, but I was thinking the same for East Anglia

sweet_pea88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I would love to meet up but live an hour away so it's really dependent on when and where as am a mum and work full time too, post an update and remember it's like a snowball, it will gather momentum, bit like my fundraising for JDRF (shamelessly promoting it again... Lol)..

What are you doing for JDRF? I will be running the Birmingham half marathon with the midlands office in October. Well we can sort something out. The group doesn't have to meet on the same day of the week every time?

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
What are you doing for JDRF? I will be running the Birmingham half marathon with the midlands office in October. Well we can sort something out. The group doesn't have to meet on the same day of the week every time?

Well done sweet_pea88,
Great you're running a half marathon! What an awesome effort.
Let us know if there is any support or advice we can offer you. Www. teambloodglucose.com