Status
Not open for further replies.

south711

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
being a diabetic and finding restrictions.to life style. people who do not understand the problems one has. not being able to afford to come back to uk for holidays as often, quite expensive. miss some foods that the French do not do. but can live with that French drivers. who love to tail gate. and they love to drive over the white line. in rural areas they are a pain. but get use to it. does put the wind up you. But driving in the UK found that drivers want to get as close as they can. and the traffic. it took me 25 minutes to get to friends house which was less then a mile away. due to traffic.
Great blog
Porridge with blueberries
Lunch: 2 slices of toast one with fried egg and the other with cheese.
Dinner Liver & Bacon with carrot.
snacks 2 biscuits and handful of cashews.
Anne T2

Love panna cotta orange juice does not agree with me, but apricot is nice,

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Another one here with a history of horrific lady problems (now non-existent cycle due to the progesterone pills). Interesting that there are so many of us...maybe when one hormone is out of whack, such as insulin, they all go out of whack. Dunno. Hope we haven't put Spiker off his dinner!

Talking of which, mine needs eating. Laters x

Reactions: 6 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

It is scorchio here today! Too hot to be eating a cooked veg and two veg dinner, so I had a plate of nibbles for dinner.

Breakfast: cheesy omelette

Lunch: Greek yogurt and raspberries. Creamy decaf.

Dinner: garlic mushrooms, feta and sun dried tomato crostini, cashews (not very lc), cherry toms and olives

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine have been out of whack since day 1 sadly!
I'm sure Spiker will manage his 94 sausages and a tonne of coleslaw still ;-)

breakfast up very late so waited and had brunch of quorn sausages, bacon, mushrooms, poached egg
late afternoon slice ham, mini cheddar cheese, strawbs, sprinkle flaxseed, creme fraiche
supper chicken and chorizo, green beans, broccoli ( going to be on menu a bit as I mus have had a chorizo buying frenzy looking in fridge)

Reactions: 7 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
yes, way too hot for a stew but I'd made it so ate it. Hoping it cools down before bed or I might as well just put three nighties in wash now.

Reactions: 3 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Mine have been out of whack since day 1 sadly!
I'm sure Spiker will manage his 94 sausages and a tonne of coleslaw still ;-)

breakfast up very late so waited and had brunch of quorn sausages, bacon, mushrooms, poached egg
late afternoon slice ham, mini cheddar cheese, strawbs, sprinkle flaxseed, creme fraiche
supper chicken and chorizo, green beans, broccoli ( going to be on menu a bit as I mus have had a chorizo buying frenzy looking in fridge)

LMAO Spiker is going to get you for that! :hilarious:

Reactions: 4 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Oh Ethyl...having rotten hormones since age 9 is harsh :( Hope your menopause gives you a well earned break.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Aww hugs to you, my mum was the same age as you when she started her periods but she didn't have much trouble with them. I think the women's troubles in our family skipped a generation because I've inherited them all! I've always had longer periods than average (about 14 days) and I've tried various different pills in an effort to sort them out. At the moment I have the contraceptive implant but that's not working as well as I'd hoped - for the first 6 months after I had it inserted I had a permanent period! Luckily it settled down a bit after that but I still have the hot flushes and the hay fever from hell to contend with :( My stress is about to go through the roof as well, my son graduates from college next week and he is autistic so holidays are a big flash point for him. All he wants to do is sit on the computer all day. He used to be agoraphobic and is only just starting to go out independently but he is also starting a new college in September so we have all the transition worries as well. Good job my BG has settled down - just a few months ago it was 8.6 now it's between 5.5 and 6. Now I know how to compensate for any bad days.

Have you ever tried acupuncture for your periods? I used to have excrutiating periods my whole life but after two sessions I've been pain free. It's amazing!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Reactions: 2 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been really bad today. Am writing it off.

Tomorrow is a new day!

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Reactions: 4 people

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Is that base solid enough to pick up and eat with fingers, like a normal pizza?

I ask because I made a cauli flour pizza base at the weekend, and was bitterly disappointed in the texture - no different from mashed cauli. Had to spoon it up with a fork... I wanted that droopy-dough-catch-the-sliding-cheese experience.

So I'm still looking...
Honestly I haven't tried this, I rather skip the base and make a meatza with minced meat base and then lovely filling and top with multitudes of cheese.
Try this one
Pizza Base
4 eggs
100 ml ground almond
100 ml coconut flour
4 teaspoons psyllium husk (fibre husk)
oregano

Toppings
Fresh mozarella
Red peppers
Tomato paste
Grated cheese
Salt, pepper, oregano
Mix all the ingredients of the pizza base together. Put the mix on an oven tray and make a nice and even thin base.

Let the base cook in the oven for around 7 minutes at 200 C. Take it out of the oven and spread the tomato paste evenly over it. Add the toppings and the grated cheese on top together with salt, pepper and oregano. Bake in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Honestly I haven't tried this, I rather skip the base and make a meatza with minced meat base and then lovely filling and top with multitudes of cheese.
Try this one
Pizza Base
4 eggs
100 ml ground almond
100 ml coconut flour
4 teaspoons psyllium husk (fibre husk)
oregano

Toppings
Fresh mozarella
Red peppers
Tomato paste
Grated cheese
Salt, pepper, oregano
Mix all the ingredients of the pizza base together. Put the mix on an oven tray and make a nice and even thin base.

Let the base cook in the oven for around 7 minutes at 200 C. Take it out of the oven and spread the tomato paste evenly over it. Add the toppings and the grated cheese on top together with salt, pepper and oregano. Bake in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes.
Thank you!

Will report back...

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I have been really bad today. Am writing it off.

Tomorrow is a new day!

Not just me then :)

Protein shake with alpro

Packed lunch at work of cheese plough mans bought sandwich, pepparami, crisps and snickers bar

Half a pizza
3 pine nut cakes

Only good thing was I felt like **** after a bad lunch and dinner and it has put me off eating like that again

Pre dinner 5.8
Post 2 hr ....... wait for it. 11.7

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Blimey, I thought I'd had a bad day! I saw a 9 for the first time in a while - 9.7 in fact, and am disgusted with myself.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not just me then :)

Protein shake with alpro

Packed lunch at work of cheese plough mans bought sandwich, pepparami, crisps and snickers bar

Half a pizza
3 pine nut cakes

Only good thing was I felt like **** after a bad lunch and dinner and it has put me off eating like that again

Pre dinner 5.8
Post 2 hr ....... wait for it. 11.7

Weirdy, did you keep testing after the pizza? It takes me about 3-4 hours to reach my pizza peak - although it isn't a sharp one, more of a Snowdon than a Matterhorn.

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I bloody hope it won't peak in 3-4 hrs, although I've just done 100 sit ups and 10 press ups hoping that will burn some, and I eat far too late, usually 8-8:30, just don't feel hungry till late.

Will test again in 30 mins for the post 3 hour, and fingers crossed

Post 3 hr @ 8.7, going the right way :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
It is scorchio here today! Too hot to be eating a cooked veg and two veg dinner, so I had a plate of nibbles for dinner.

Breakfast: cheesy omelette

Lunch: Greek yogurt and raspberries. Creamy decaf.

Dinner: garlic mushrooms, feta and sun dried tomato crostini, cashews (not very lc), cherry toms and olives

2ykbdiw.jpg
Yum!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Fry up, piece of cheese, handful of nuts, Mediterranean veg in olive oil and herbs with sea bass and 3 squares of green and blacks.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I bloody hope it won't peak in 3-4 hrs, although I've just done 100 sit ups and 10 press ups hoping that will burn some, and I eat far too late, usually 8-8:30, just don't feel hungry till late.

Will test again in 30 mins for the post 3 hour, and fingers crossed

Well, you did only eat a half one...

Wimp ;)

HA3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I also had a very bad evening yesterday! Was good all day with allbran for brekkie and omelette for lunch......then went out and drank lots of cider (which I haven't touched since diagnosis!) A jager bomb ( can't quite believe I did that! How much sugar is in energy drinks, I probably don't want to know) and finished off with a chinese! Gonna try and be really really good today :shy:

Status
Not open for further replies.