Diet only
Dislikes
Bad manners
Bad driving
Greed
Disrespecting others
Bullying
Help please.

Today my pre lunch bloods was 2.6. I did not feel unwell or shakey which is unusual for me.
Just ate my lunch of live life cheese sandwhich, salad grapes. Water.
Tested 20 minutes later and got 4.1.
Is this usual?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My bloods run low, but even I would be uncomfortable about a score so low. Did you confirm the number by retesting?

I've done lots of reading about low numbers, for non-medicated folks, and, if I recall accurately, you're at the threshold of dangerous at 2.6. Annoyingly, I can't find the link I was reading.

If your list of meds in your signature is up to date and you are still taking Gliclazide, then I think a conversation with your nurse/doc might be in order? When is your next review due?

I don't take any medication, so I c ant be any more helpful than trying to apply a bit of logic.

Reactions: 2 people

Lin 26

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bad manners
Bad driving
Greed
Disrespecting others
Bullying
Thanks for your reply. I now take 1000mg slow release metformin in the evening as well as 40 mg glycazide twice daily.
Tried to upgrade my details but it lost in the cyberspace. Obviously I find it wrong.
I know it's low but was surprised I didn't feel unwell as I have done at 3 or 4 in the past. Weird!!!

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
You should certainly have experienced hypo like symptoms at 2.6 so bit odd. If it happens again, take AndBreathe's advice and test again, just to sure. If you ever get a reading, too high or too low, it makes sense.

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Help please.

Today my pre lunch bloods was 2.6. I did not feel unwell or shakey which is unusual for me.
Just ate my lunch of live life cheese sandwhich, salad grapes. Water.
Tested 20 minutes later and got 4.1.
Is this usual?
Even though you have had advice about retesting when you have such a low. The 4.1 is low also for a test after twenty minutes especially. After eating the carbs you have!

Reactions: 3 people