Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 at 7am, didn't get straight up as it's my day off- up at 8am and 5.8

Reactions: 2 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.1 for me this morning after a 5.6 reading at bedtime. Zilch taken in between, not even meds. Ugh!
Frustrating isn't it Diana?! Guess it's the dawn phenomenon thing? I've had mornings either the same as bed or higher and obviously not eaten during the night!!breeeaath..........and tackle the new day ;)

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
11.5!!!!!
No rhyme or reason for that.

jode72

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
mine tends to be around 9 on waking even though I eat dinner at around 7 the night before and wake up just before 7 so no food etc for 12 hours and still read high !! it just goes up during the day and most of the time I don't eat breakfast first snack or meal is around lunchtime which yes I know is not good and I should be having breakfast but I have never been one for breakfast for as long as I can remember just not hungry in the mornings. The other problem is because I am normally sugar high I hypo at a much higher level (around 4-5) which my nurse has said is normal because my body is used to the sugar high but it does make me very very tired

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
What kind of protein?
I'm avoiding carbs but I need to avoid protein now?

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What kind of protein?

Protein converts to glycogen but at a slower rate than carbs. That's why you need to eat more fat as fat does not store as glycogen.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

AmandaAnne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I hate abuse of any kind to humans or animals. I dislike judgmental people and people who are generally unkind, inconsiderate and have problems understanding the issues faced by others. I hate snakes!!! Cringe if I smell TCP!! and I cannot bare garlic!!
9.2 but that's about right............I have a confession, please forgive me :angelic: ..........but I had 5 digestive biscuits last night!! :eek:
I'd had an emotional day so unfortunately I reached for some comfort food, the story of my life really!
To be honest, I thought it would be much higher than that.

Would any of you lovely peeps have any ideas of what I could eat, comfort wise, that's not going to be too naughty?

Reactions: 4 people

gfmoore

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 on rising at 7:04am.

Ahhhh AmandaAnne, you naughty naughty ... we all have our moments - did you enjoy them, I mean really really enjoy them lol.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes @AmandaAnne !! Naughty naughty. First of all I suggest you throw away the rest of the packet and never buy any more. If there are none in the house you can't eat them. What about a chunk of cheese, or some 85% dark chocolate, or a few nuts, or even pork scratchings? Do they float your boat? I personally would have a cup of tea.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 for me this morning. A little outside my range. The confusions continues, but I have a hypothesis brewing that needs investigation. I'll report further when I prove it, or otherwise. It'll have to wait until I can buy a mountain of strips.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.2 at 5 am this morning. Sometimes I'm sure I know when my liver dumps, but only because I wake up near dawn with my heart banging which I'm sure must be the adrenaline in the dump.

Anyway, travelling to Cote d'Ivoire, taking malarone and not getting much sleep or exercise since the weekend doesn't seem to affect my BG much (unless it would otherwise have been lower). Managing just about to keep LCHF but having to refuse bread, rice and pasta continually being pushed in my direction.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Perhaps the heart banging is due to an exciting dream!

haha - no I don't think so (but can't be sure!).

I've got blood tests on Monday for my first HbA1c since diagnosis so I'm having to resist temptation of beer, bread, tropical fruit etc as I don't want to mess it up (Jenny Ruhl suggests HbA1c is strongly influenced by the most recent two weeks despite it being a 3-month or so average).

Reactions: 3 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I opted to have my HbA1c early on Monday to spare going back next month. Then she said next one most likely in 6 months - only dawned on me after your message that means I'll have to be extra extra good over Xmas now!!!!

Reactions: 3 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My diagnosis was made initially from a blood test on 4th January. This immediately followed a holiday, Christmas, New Year and my birthday. HbA1c was 52. I had a repeat done on 14th January and it was 53, then another one on 4th March which was back to 52 after losing 11lbs in weight but not genuinely low carbing and no home meter control. It seems Christmas etc. made no difference to mine!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll be having a low carb Xmas whatever- the only treat I've planned is having some chips on Boxing day with my cold turkey. I prefer that meal to the big day which is after all just another roast dinner. I was never a massive sweet eater but will miss my once a year treat of a box of choccie brazils.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ Amanda. Jelly, whipped cream and strawbs - you could crumble a quarter of a biscuit on top for extra treat or linseed like I do instead, Greek yoghurt mixed with sweetner

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
What kind of protein?
So much to learn!!!!
Protein converts to glycogen but at a slower rate than carbs. That's why you need to eat more fat as fat does not store as glycogen.

So much to learn!
I'm a guy who never needed to know about carbs and this that and the other and now this!
My wife this morning phoned the doctors and asked if the results were back about my prostitute problems .... long silence on the other end then ... pardon?
You think he might have an enlarged prostitute ...... she realised what she had said and cracked up laughing ... the sound of lots of people laughing at the other end ... anyway ... turns out my prostitute is fine ... perfectly normal ....
shame.gif

Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.