Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4!

Shocked as I had a few handfuls of popcorn with my friend!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Reactions: 3 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Right hand 7.4 left hand 6.8 ....
dunno.gif

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning lovely people - not sunny skegness today, rainy skegness!! 5.5 for me ; )

AmandaAnne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I hate abuse of any kind to humans or animals. I dislike judgmental people and people who are generally unkind, inconsiderate and have problems understanding the issues faced by others. I hate snakes!!! Cringe if I smell TCP!! and I cannot bare garlic!!
Good morning all. 7.9 for me, I think I ate a bit late yesterday evening.

gfmoore

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.1 at 8:27am. Not surprised as had a bit of a lie in this morning and my bg does rise during the am. Have managed to get the average down a bit since my pain gel surprise.

AmandaAnne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I hate abuse of any kind to humans or animals. I dislike judgmental people and people who are generally unkind, inconsiderate and have problems understanding the issues faced by others. I hate snakes!!! Cringe if I smell TCP!! and I cannot bare garlic!!
6.4 on rising at 7:04am.

Ahhhh AmandaAnne, you naughty naughty ... we all have our moments - did you enjoy them, I mean really really enjoy them lol.

I did, gfmoore, I did. ;)

AmandaAnne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yes @AmandaAnne !! Naughty naughty. First of all I suggest you throw away the rest of the packet and never buy any more. If there are none in the house you can't eat them. What about a chunk of cheese, or some 85% dark chocolate, or a few nuts, or even pork scratchings? Do they float your boat? I personally would have a cup of tea.

lol Bluetit. They weren't really my biscuits, they were my other halfs! and he was naughty cos he left them right on the coffee table........believe me..........they were taunting me! it was like a magnetic pull......and I kept hearing those words "eat me! eat me! eat me!" :wacky: ;)

To be perfectly honest though, I must learn from this because I've known it for a long time now, naughty things only really make me feel good while I'm eating them, then I'm left feel bad, guilty and angry at myself, note to self *learn woman! learn!!" :facepalm:

I'm loving the cheese idea, in fact I'm loving all of your ideas, so, yes, they do float my boat! lol

Reactions: 4 people

AmandaAnne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
So much to learn!!!!

So much to learn!
I'm a guy who never needed to know about carbs and this that and the other and now this!
My wife this morning phoned the doctors and asked if the results were back about my prostitute problems .... long silence on the other end then ... pardon?
You think he might have an enlarged prostitute ...... she realised what she had said and cracked up laughing ... the sound of lots of people laughing at the other end ... anyway ... turns out my prostitute is fine ... perfectly normal .... View attachment 5790

lol...!!

This brings to the forefront of my mind something that I said by complete accident.

I was talking on the phone to a medical person, I was stressed and irate........and I announced to her that I was a recovering "alcoholic" instead of saying "agoraphobic"!!! :wideyed:

It wasn't until I put my phone down that my friend asked me "did you mean to say that?" that I realised what I'd said!!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Right hand 7.4 left hand 6.8 .... View attachment 5801

That's nothing!! I did an experiment last night after my evening meal and tested 6 times. The readings were all wildly different, and the difference between the highest and lowest was 2mmol/l. I washed my hands each time. I have sent for some control solution for my meter.

Going to bed last night 5.0mmol/l
Getting up this morning 5.7mmol/l
The first time I haven't been flat in a while but still within my normal range.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

gfmoore

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@JACKTHELAD - Interesting experiment. I've wondered about that as I'm sure some fingers give worse readings than others. I've mentioned before somewhere about whether the finger prick is releasing blood or interstitial fluid. I aso guess that glucose isn't necessarily homogenous (well mixed) throughout the blood. It must have different concentrations in different parts. Just theorising, have no references.

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke when the alarm went off at 05:40 but had a bad headache so turned over and went back to sleep. Woke eventually at 09:30 with a reading of 5.0 which is my lowest morning reading. Maybe I need to ignore the alarm and the need to go to work more often! Oh, and the headache has now pretty much gone.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.