NHS Scotland Diabetes On-line Records Service

Dougie22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Not sure where to post this - maybe a moderator could pick it up and put it in the approriate place on the site.

Scottish diabetics have access to a service called "My Diabetes*My Way". I've just recieved my logon and password in the last couple of days.

As well as having the usual links to NHS advice, videos and the like, and maybe some new stuff, this site allows you to view a limited selection of your medical records on line, including:

* Weight as recorded in your surgery (mine gotes back to 2000) and BMI
* HbA1c results (as I'm only diagnosed this year, I've only got two entries so far)
* Blood Pressure as recorded in surgery (mine goes back to 2000)
* Total cholesterol (not LDL, HDL, etc) (again from year 2000)
* Creatinine levels
* Eye and foot screening results
* Medication history (mine goes back to 2002)

It is supposed to be updated at more or less the same time as your doctor gets the results but I got a phone call last night from the surgery and those results haven't appeared yet. Hopefully they'll arrive in a day or so.

It's supplied through the Scottish Governments Citizen's Portal (Onescotland) so setting up access takes time and it's a bit clunky, although there are some simple graphs.

Your GP does not need to give permission for you to gain access but does have to confirm your identity before your account can be set up.

Information at http://www.mydiabetesmyway.scot.nhs.uk/

Unfortunately I think they'll only deal with Scottish patients as our data is held on different databases, etc (and presumably for funding issues) but there may be an English, Welsh or Irish equivelant in the works.

Fencer

Dislikes
Tomatoes. Mayo.
Hi, thanks for posting this. This sounds brilliant, but I can't figure out how to get registered. Maybe I'm being thick? lol

Dougie22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Click on my diabetes in the top bar, then go to registration form.

It's not a tremendously well designed site.

Reactions: Zilsniggy

Fencer

Dislikes
Tomatoes. Mayo.
Dougie22 said:
Click on my diabetes in the top bar, then go to registration form.

It's not a tremendously well designed site.

Got there, thanks. I ended up in a completely different area when I tried yesterday. Just need to wait until I'm home now to find my CHI number.

tedlambert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Who are "they?"

Welcome to the forum.
Well if you read national newspapers like the daily mail and indeed Hansards the official record of parliament you will see that I am correct in what I am saying. Further more these insurance companies need this data in order to make gamble as to how long you will live and how much liability they may have in respect of a claims for overseas travel. Data equals money for these people.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Well if you read national newspapers like the daily mail and indeed Hansards the official record of parliament you will see that I am correct in what I am saying. Further more these insurance companies need this data in order to make gamble as to how long you will live and how much liability they may have in respect of a claims for overseas travel. Data equals money for these people.
My Diabetes My Way is run by the NHS. The same NHS which holds all your diabetes records. There is no exchange of data. It is a service to make the data available to the patient.

Reactions: LindiePops

dadoftwo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
No it's still running, I had trouble at start of august when I tried to register too so might have been a problem their end. I tried again a few days later and managed to register ok.

Hpetal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
cold weather!
Not sure where to post this - maybe a moderator could pick it up and put it in the approriate place on the site.

Scottish diabetics have access to a service called "My Diabetes*My Way". I've just recieved my logon and password in the last couple of days.

As well as having the usual links to NHS advice, videos and the like, and maybe some new stuff, this site allows you to view a limited selection of your medical records on line, including:

* Weight as recorded in your surgery (mine gotes back to 2000) and BMI
* HbA1c results (as I'm only diagnosed this year, I've only got two entries so far)
* Blood Pressure as recorded in surgery (mine goes back to 2000)
* Total cholesterol (not LDL, HDL, etc) (again from year 2000)
* Creatinine levels
* Eye and foot screening results
* Medication history (mine goes back to 2002)

It is supposed to be updated at more or less the same time as your doctor gets the results but I got a phone call last night from the surgery and those results haven't appeared yet. Hopefully they'll arrive in a day or so.

It's supplied through the Scottish Governments Citizen's Portal (Onescotland) so setting up access takes time and it's a bit clunky, although there are some simple graphs.

Your GP does not need to give permission for you to gain access but does have to confirm your identity before your account can be set up.

Information at http://www.mydiabetesmyway.scot.nhs.uk/

Unfortunately I think they'll only deal with Scottish patients as our data is held on different databases, etc (and presumably for funding issues) but there may be an English, Welsh or Irish equivelant in the works.

thanks for this, I live in Scotland and not heard of this.

Zilsniggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My Diabetes My Way is run by the NHS. The same NHS which holds all your diabetes records. There is no exchange of data. It is a service to make the data available to the patient.

Its also available to other entities, I just logged in and gave permission to one to access, but apparently there are 33 or so who dont have my permission!

LindiePops

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been signed up to MyDiabetesMyWay for several years now and have never had my details passed on to any other entity.

Your results can sometimes take a wee while to be uploaded to your account. However, if you attend the hospital for Retinopathy screening, those results aren't uploaded at all. They only upload the Retinopathy results where it's been part of the national screening program.

I highly recommend the website

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I’m in Scotland too I was informed about this over a year ago whilst I was at the hospital during my diabetic appointment , I think it’s a bit like most things NHS related tends to be bit of a postcode lottery,