So, how much jelly?

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What is Signy's special trifle.:hungry:

Signy's Special Trifle ,( AKA " If you orrible lot dip a spoon near this, all X Boxes, iPods, iPads netbooks and every single remote in the house will be locked in the boot of the car, indefinitely . For real.") is quite simple :

Fruit in the bottom of the bowl, usually strawberries or raspberries
Cover with one packet of made up sugar free jelly (usually strawb or rasp )
One packet of made up and cooled Asda no sugar custard
(using slightly less water to make up the jelly and custard - it sets better )
One tanker load of whipped cream :D:D

Signy

Reactions: 5 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ms @Heathenlass , aren't you forgetting a wee something?

We have another fridge photo (amazingly clean, and neat, and... kind of surreal...) but nevertheless, another lovely fridge photo...

So cough up. More underwear. :woot:

(Like the mask, by the way. When do you wear it?)

Reactions: 2 people

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just seen this thread again but haven't read it all so sorry if I'm duplicating information. It annoys me that Hartleys don't label jellies clearly with regards to veggie or not. I searched the internet and found different forums where members had found out and divulged which were suitable for vegetarians. However the posts were from years ago so I emailed Hartleys and received a reply as follows: (some aren't the sugar free/no added sugar)

Dear Kim

Thank you for your enquiry about our jelly range.

Most of our jellies are not suitable for vegetarians. Our tablet and powdered jellies, designed to be made at home, contain gelatine. Some of our Ready to Eat jellies contain the colouring Carmine, which is an animal product.

The jellies we have which are suitable for vegetarians are:

Hartley's Pineapple in Jelly 175g
Hartley's 10 Cal Mango & Passion Fruit Flavour Jelly 175g
Hartley's 10 Cal Blueberry & Blackcurrant Flavour Jelly 175g
Hartley's 10 Cal Raspberry Flavour Jelly
Hartley's 1 Fruit Portion Mango Jelly 175g
Hartley's Blackcurrant Flavour Jelly 125g
Hartley's Lemon & Lime Flavour Jelly 125g
Hartley's Pineapple Flavour Jelly 125g
Hartley's No Added Sugar Raspberry Flavour Jelly 115g
Hartley's No Added Sugar Jelly Blackcurrant Flavour 115g
Hartley's No Added Sugar Jelly Apple Flavour 115g

I hope that this information helps. If you would like to discuss your concerns, or have any questions, please call me or one of my colleagues on 0800 022 4339. We are available between 9.00am and 5.00pm, weekdays excluding Bank Holidays.
Yours sincerely

Graeme Rayner

My next email will ask for a v to be added to the appropriate labels. I presume it's all down to cost.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Just seen this thread again but haven't read it all so sorry if I'm duplicating information. It annoys me that Hartleys don't label jellies clearly with regards to veggie or not. I searched the internet and found different forums where members had found out and divulged which were suitable for vegetarians. However the posts were from years ago so I emailed Hartleys and received a reply as follows: (some aren't the sugar free/no added sugar)

Dear Kim

Thank you for your enquiry about our jelly range.

Most of our jellies are not suitable for vegetarians. Our tablet and powdered jellies, designed to be made at home, contain gelatine. Some of our Ready to Eat jellies contain the colouring Carmine, which is an animal product.

The jellies we have which are suitable for vegetarians are:

Hartley's Pineapple in Jelly 175g
Hartley's 10 Cal Mango & Passion Fruit Flavour Jelly 175g
Hartley's 10 Cal Blueberry & Blackcurrant Flavour Jelly 175g
Hartley's 10 Cal Raspberry Flavour Jelly
Hartley's 1 Fruit Portion Mango Jelly 175g
Hartley's Blackcurrant Flavour Jelly 125g
Hartley's Lemon & Lime Flavour Jelly 125g
Hartley's Pineapple Flavour Jelly 125g
Hartley's No Added Sugar Raspberry Flavour Jelly 115g
Hartley's No Added Sugar Jelly Blackcurrant Flavour 115g
Hartley's No Added Sugar Jelly Apple Flavour 115g

I hope that this information helps. If you would like to discuss your concerns, or have any questions, please call me or one of my colleagues on 0800 022 4339. We are available between 9.00am and 5.00pm, weekdays excluding Bank Holidays.
Yours sincerely

Graeme Rayner

My next email will ask for a v to be added to the appropriate labels. I presume it's all down to cost.

You are Hartleys jellies?

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ms @Heathenlass , aren't you forgetting a wee something?

We have another fridge photo (amazingly clean, and neat, and... kind of surreal...) but nevertheless, another lovely fridge photo...

So cough up. More underwear. :woot:

(Like the mask, by the way. When do you wear it?)

Where ??:eek:
I see no other fridge photo :rolleyes: Surreal indeed....

Signy

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In asda it's with the jelly, rice pudding and tinned custard bit near the eggs

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's in a light blue sachet like birds custard powder. I only noticed it the other day because I was hunting for it. Never noticed it before!

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I've made low carb custard (egg yolks, cream, vanilla, fake sugar). It's not great, but ok when buried in a trifle.

Lezzles

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
CJ from the Egg heads
Shellfish
Leaving home without an umbrella
Jusr read this thread from start to finish and it made me chuckle.....out loud......sitting at my desk at work.

not having the most successful day today, didnt sleep well last night and tiredness has made me forgetful, i only just remembered to pick up my pork and salad for lunch but forgot anything for breaksfast and most importantly forgot jelly!!

BUT what do i spy at the bottom of the fridge in the canteen just, 1 forgotten pot of Hartleys sugar free strawberry Jelly!! Feel like i've won the lottery.

Reactions: 4 people