So, how much jelly?

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I have started making chia pudding with fruit teas as the base. Lemon and ginger lovely. So is blackcurrant.
Did have a choc and coconut cream one that was good too.
Going to use peppermint tea and some chocolate in the next one.
That is a genius idea! :woot:

I recently started drinking Twinings cherry and cinnamon tea on the recommendation of a member here. Great cherry flavour without the carbs. It was in an offer so I also bought Twinings cranberry and blood orange - it smells like sherbet dib dabs.

I have made minty chocolate chia pud before using cocoa powder and peppermint essence. I tasted and smelled like Aero and the seedy texture made it Aeroish too!

Reactions: 7 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, some of those teas are a bit insipid, but the stronger flavour ones are good.
I like the sound of your 'aero' pudding too.

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have started making chia pudding with fruit teas as the base. Lemon and ginger lovely. So is blackcurrant.
Did have a choc and coconut cream one that was good too.
Going to use peppermint tea and some chocolate in the next one.

Recently, I've been drinking chai tea with cream. It's lovely, warming and spicy and suits the time of year. I like the idea of using it for a pudding which I will call Chai Chia or Chia Chai if I can stop falling over my teeth.

Reactions: 3 people

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, i think, since you are adding the cream after, you should just keep tipping til the cream pot is empty. You may, of course, want to wimp out before that point, but it would hardly be in the spirit of the thread... ;)

mmmmm...cream.

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has anyone tried making jelly mousse with cream? My mum used to make it with evaporated milk when I was a kid, just wondered if it worked with cream to keep the carbs down

Reactions: 2 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am a late comer to the jelly thread. Apologies if this has already been mentioned on here. I have just made my first batch of 'jelly' by dissolving a sachet of sugar-free Hartley's in 500ml boiling water then topping up to 1 litre with double cream. Pour into 5 ramekins over a handful of blueberries and set. Delicious :hungry:

Reactions: 4 people

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
Has anyone tried making jelly mousse with cream? My mum used to make it with evaporated milk when I was a kid, just wondered if it worked with cream to keep the carbs down
Oh that brings back such strong memories of my childhood. My Mum used to make 'milk jelly' using 'carnation' evaporated milk. Those were the days :)

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh that brings back such strong memories of my childhood. My Mum used to make 'milk jelly' using 'carnation' evaporated milk. Those were the days :)

It was on the syllabus for cookery lessons at school. Lemon jelly, can of carnation, cornflakes butter sugar pie crust. I mixed the jelly and the carnation too soon, which the teacher implied was a disaster, and she instructed me to take my bowl outside and whip the hell out of it out there in the cold air in the hope that it might start to set.
If that teacher is reading this, she will be pleased to know that I enjoy cooking. Once she asked me what I was doing with a carrot. She was right to ask really: I had forgotten to peel it, had sliced it first, and so then I set about peeling each slice. :)

Reactions: 6 people

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am about to go the gym to smash it! But I'm late cos I've sat and read this thread and have just boiled the kettle to .......... Lmao.

Reactions: 6 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I can't wait for lunchtime to eat my new concoction. Used @Pipp's tea idea. Cherry tea and cocoa chia pud topped with flaked almonds - if I close my eyes it is like a Black Forest gateau! :woot:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today I have one waiting in the fridge, lemon and ginger, topped with orange jelly, and a blob of extra thick cream.

copey399

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fed up with the same bland taste of FF Greek Yogurt and no berries (shock horror) I decided to flavour it with SF Jelly crystals. Like an idiot I put the whole lot in - what was I thinking??? It wasn't very nice as you can imagine and the sweetener taste overpowered the strawberry flavour. Might try again but just using a small amount.

So pleased to find a Jelly Appreciation Society as I was made to feel that I'd committed a cardinal sin when I mentioned that I'd accidentally picked up a "not sugar free" Jelly Pot and ate it without realising til I tested and wondered what the heck.

Probably "off topic" but does anyone have any other "safe" flavourings for plain yogurt? I usually just throw in a handful of sunflower seeds to give it a bit of "crunch".

Reactions: 5 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fed up with the same bland taste of FF Greek Yogurt and no berries (shock horror) I decided to flavour it with SF Jelly crystals. Like an idiot I put the whole lot in - what was I thinking??? It wasn't very nice as you can imagine and the sweetener taste overpowered the strawberry flavour. Might try again but just using a small amount.

So pleased to find a Jelly Appreciation Society as I was made to feel that I'd committed a cardinal sin when I mentioned that I'd accidentally picked up a "not sugar free" Jelly Pot and ate it without realising til I tested and wondered what the heck.

Probably "off topic" but does anyone have any other "safe" flavourings for plain yogurt? I usually just throw in a handful of sunflower seeds to give it a bit of "crunch".
Just a spoonful of sugar free jelly crystals does the trick.

I feel a song coming on
"Just a spoonful of sugar free jelly crystals helps the yogurt go down, yogurt go down, yogurt go down, Etc."
:D

copey399

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a spoonful of sugar free jelly crystals does the trick.

I feel a song coming on
"Just a spoonful of sugar free jelly crystals helps the yogurt go down, yogurt go down, yogurt go down, Etc."
:D

:) Laughing away here. I must have had "my head in the shed" (my sis-in-law's favourite saying) when I dumped the whole lot in (blush). A spoonful it will be in future.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
additional flavours - cinnamon, lemon, and I have some chai tea spices which are fab. the ones I have are in a tiny dropper bottle (from Amazon) and are not sweet. so you just put a few drops of the liquid spice mix into a hot choc, or a yog, or a cup of tea, sweeten to taste with your sweetener of choice, and voila! put it in anything you like.