Won't be going to Costa again!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Yep indeed. I can adapt to lchf eating and don't miss the naughty food treats at all, but I'm obviously struggling with drink substitutes. Never been much of an alcohol drinker (such a cheap date!) but I do like social coffees and drinks. I drink a lot of peppermint tea at home, but when I'm out I like to have something different and coffee with cream gets a tad boring and doesn't quensh my thirst in this heat.

If anyone can suggest anything low carb other than a bottle of water, I'd be really grateful
I know what you mean! I resisted the wine box in the fridge tonight as had 2 glasses of wine, a G&T at the weekend then a glass of wine yesterday and it's either black tea or coffee or water? My hubbie has same issue too!

Reactions: 2 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lol.... I guess you missed the word, false :)
But you may have even had some symptoms if you are normally higher

Of course this raises the question of how high is normal for you?

Looking at my home monitoring diary for the past month Jack, I seem to average 6-7

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know what you mean! I resisted the wine box in the fridge tonight as had 2 glasses of wine, a G&T at the weekend then a glass of wine yesterday and it's either black tea or coffee or water? My hubbie has same issue too!

Its a bummer, @Scandichic . I also drink large glasses of hot water with lemon on waking up and going to bed. Its hardly living life on the edge, is it??

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mango lassi is my medium carb high fat treat[/QUO
What is the Primo? I've never been in a Costa in my life - never even seen one round here. I thought they were just on Motorway Service Stations. Lol. I'm a country bumpkin.

A Primo in Costa means the small size/cup, @Bluetit1802 I was trying to be good, but failed. Well done for avoiding the temptation of Costa. Keep it up! Its a very, very bad place

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Its a bummer, @Scandichic . I also drink large glasses of hot water with lemon on waking up and going to bed. Its hardly living life on the edge, is it??
Never mind! If we can't have a few glasses of wine we can at least look stunning! Or maybe in my case when I've lost 3 stone! :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4 people

lessci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's not just Costa, The Starbucks frappicinos and Cooler are as bad. Calorie wise equivelent to a Big Mac Meal for some of them (and I bet the carbs are as bad too)!!!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
It's not just Costa, The Starbucks frappicinos and Cooler are as bad. Calorie wise equivelent to a Big Mac Meal for some of them (and I bet the carbs are as bad too)!!!
:depressed::hungover::dead:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
God those figures are horrendous! No wonder so many of us are obese! I learnt tonight that 100g cadburys caramel dairy milk chock had over 1000 calories in it. I have eaten half a bar in the course of several hours in the past whilst watching tv. Just imagine: a trip to costa for a drink and a piece of cake in the afternoon and some chocolate whilst watching tv. In excess of 1000 calories. Now add in that "healthy low fat " pasta dish. Scary!
Lightweight.

I've eaten 200g of Galaxy, in 10 mins, in a hypo feeding frenzy.
*sigh*
Those were the days...:rolleyes:

But of course, that was a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

I'm a 70% good girl now. Honest. :angelic:

Last edited by a moderator:

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lightweight.

I've eaten 200g of Galaxy, in 10 mins, in a hypo feeding frenzy.
*sigh*
Those were the days...:rolleyes:

But of course, that was a long time age, on a galaxy far, far away.

I'm a 70% good girl now. Honest. :angelic:
Was that when you were surfing the Milky Way? :D
Having weighed 13 st 3 yesterday and weighing 13 st 5 this morning I could do with a bit of a "boost!" Lol! Since I was good (I generally am as I find it fairly easy to stick to LCHF) and did 21/2 hours exercise yesterday I can only conclude that it must be water retention even though I am drinking loads. We had lentils last night and I always seem to weigh more the next day! Oh well! Weird, huh!

rogbert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
winter
i don't go to coffee shops anymore or drink beer since my heart attack last year i only drink vodka and diet tonic or black coffee my hospital doctor has told me not to go on a diet as it could effect my kidneys i do have stage 3 kidney disease and must keep my blood sugars over 7.
As I'm over 18 stone in weight i have gone on a low carb diet and exercise with supervision

drakman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
racism, bigotry and fashion
The biggest problem is many people do not realise that fruit juice even when it is made in front of you is terrible for your sugars, because it is juice and not whole fruit the body breaks it down much faster and does not use the sugars to help digest it, these sugars are available straight away and cause a huge rise in blood sugars. The net result is instead of being really healthy it is bad for you if you are diabetic, it could even be contributing to the increase in diabetes

Palerider

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being diabetic, and getting old.
Yep indeed. I can adapt to lchf eating and don't miss the naughty food treats at all, but I'm obviously struggling with drink substitutes. Never been much of an alcohol drinker (such a cheap date!) but I do like social coffees and drinks. I drink a lot of peppermint tea at home, but when I'm out I like to have something different and coffee with cream gets a tad boring and doesn't quensh my thirst in this heat.

If anyone can suggest anything low carb other than a bottle of water, I'd be really grateful
Just normal tea, that's what I drink.

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Possibilities:
  • Peppermint tea, allowed to get nice and cold while you chat or read the paper.
  • Nero's caffe con panna: hot double espresso with icy whipped cream - feels luxurious and you have to spoon up the cream like a dessert, unless you want the cream up your nose or all around your chops (so not good socially or even worse if you're on your own :D:rolleyes::eek: ). But delicious!
  • Or a tall glass of water, fizzy or tap, with a Berocca added from my handbag.

Redbegonia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I usually drink Costa skinny cappochino once every day, it's my daily treat and it doesn't taste the same without a sprinkling of chocolate!

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
my fitness pal is open source anyone can put anything in thats why l dumped the whole app a waste of time.