ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
tea was a spoonfull of rice and half a tin of chicken curry, 5 pieces of pineapple

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ally , all of those things will have lifted your BS levels as you described on other thread. Tinned curry will be full of sugar I bet and rice and a tropical fruit on top of that won't be doing you any good. Better to make your own curry and serve with cauliflower rice or a cauli curry or just salad leaves. Substitute the pineapple for a few berries.
If you are going to eat such things, far better to test them individually so you know which is spiking you the most. With three possibilities, it's hard to say which is worse culprit , though tbh I'd not be eating any of them till my levels were lower.

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast scrambled egg bacon
Lunch corned beef, slice cheese
Supper was meant to.be roast chicken.but it smelt really off half way through cooking- so beef burgers, cheese and salad

A

Avocado Sevenfold

tea was a spoonfull of rice and half a tin of chicken curry, 5 pieces of pineapple
As Ethyl says, these foods are quite high in carbs. I am also concerned that it is not a lot of food. I hope you are not hungry later.

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Full fat Greek yoghurt with chopped nuts and fresh cherries.
Lunch: Big mixed salad with smoked salmon and mozzarella dressed with olive oil.
Dinner: Italian sausage and lentil casserole.

Reactions: 4 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

went really well. I was ok as I ate a bit of cheese and there were these gluten free fennel and courgette onion bajhias so I had a couple of them. To be honest I was too hyped to eat!
Great news on the weight loss.

These sound great! The courgette and fennel combination could be a lovely soup too and the answer to my question of what to do with that random fennel bulb in my fridge that is on the turn. Thanks for the idea :)

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad to help. They really were lovely and I do t usually do fennel as it's a bit too aniseedy for me.

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast, scrambled egg and bacon.
lunch, lamb burger in lettuce wrap.
dinner, roast chicken, roast cauli, butternut squash mash, carrots and sprouts.
tea, raspberry chocolate jelly

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I
@lovinglife, i love curry and that looks fab. Could you share the recipe please? x

No problem HA3, will tomorrow do? This time of night is a bit busy for me as have to sort my son for bed, will post it tomorrow in the recipe section and let you know :)

Reactions: 3 people

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like the fact that I enjoy my meals tremendously, food palate has changed :) I crave for vegetables now :)

Brekkie:

Berries, peaches and handful of nuts
Broccoli blanched
Grilled salmon small size

Lunch:
100% single origin chocolate, small piece (like the bitter taste :))
2 Handful of nuts (they make me full)
1/2 banana

Dinner:
Baked fish with olive oil drizzle and chopped nuts on top, with garlic, courgette, capsicum, and freshly made pesto sauce, seasoned with salt and pepper (this is quite easy to make as you put them altogether in a pan and bake. Sauté courgette and capsicum first then add pesto sauce, then add it to the pan with the fish and nuts)

Romaine lettuce leaves, cherry tomatoes, avocado slices with vinaigrette

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Not posted for a few days as been at the beach with no wifi.
Been very bad eating all the wrong food and lashings of beer, will try harder now back from there :)

B

badcat

Yesterday, mine was another confusing day comprised of
B- lemon sherbet juice (2 golden delicious apples & 1/2 a lemon juiced)
L - Beetroot,pear,carrot,kale,celery,courgette,cucumber,spinach & ginger juiced
D -1/2 a red onion,1 yellow courgette, 4 runner beans, 1 carrot, 1 leek,handful of spinach, & 2 yellow plum tomatoes fried in 2 tsp coconut oil and some soy sauce with toasted sesame seeds
S - 15g dark choc, a spoonful of sugar free peanut butter
d - 2 mugs tea

The confusing bit? - my fitness pal equates that little lot to 103g carbs and I've been having to stick to around 50g carbs for the past 2 years in order to keep blood sugars ok. My highest BM yesterday was 7.7 and the lowest 5.2 - all very confusing but welcome

B

badcat

image.jpg

Today has been
B - vegetable & pear juice
L- home grown raspberries with natural yogurt, toasted almonds & vanilla extract
D - homegrown veggies fried in coconut oil with soy sauce & low carb pitta
S - some dark choc and a couple of teaspoons of sugar free peanut butter - not together!

Last edited:
A

Avocado Sevenfold

@badcat Your food looks great. Are the MFP values you are using definitely UK net carbs as 103g does look high for a pile of vegetables. I got caught out at first using values from the USA.

B

badcat

@badcat Your food looks great. Are the MFP values you are using definitely UK net carbs as 103g does look high for a pile of vegetables. I got caught out at first using values from the USA.
Good point - the juices are what ware coming up high - the apple & lemon juice came out as 42g carbs alone!

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Breakfast: Cheese and spring onion omelette with ketchup.

Lunch: Almonds, blueberries, fennel tea.

Dinner: Cream of courgette and fennel soup with buttered husky toast. Pineapple vegi jelly, Greek yogurt, blueberries.

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/12267/courgette-and-fennel-soup.aspx

While making this soup I kept thinking is was boring. At the end I added the dash of vinegar and it completely transformed it. Who knew? Very tasty soup. Served with a splash of cream for luck. Will freeze the rest in portions. This sudden cold weather has brought out my squirrelling instinct.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
breakfast 2 boiled eggs
lunch ham salad
tea tin of reduced sugar baked beans, 2 sausages and orange sugar free jelly