Status
Not open for further replies.

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
Breakfast - greek yogurt with strawberries and flax seed
Lunch - chilli chicken salad with home made guacamole dip
Dinne - chicken wings and side salad...at a restaurant - judging by my BG, that sauce was sugary :(

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
breakfast 2 boiled eggs
lunch ham salad
tea tin of reduced sugar baked beans, 2 sausages and orange sugar free jelly
I see you've got a taste for the jelly now then? Have you tried it with cream yet? Or a few berries...and cream? LOL

Reactions: 2 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
havn,t tried cream yet as i would eat the whole pot of cream lol
i like the orange as i can put in a small tin of manarins

A

Avocado Sevenfold

breakfast 2 boiled eggs
lunch ham salad
tea tin of reduced sugar baked beans, 2 sausages and orange sugar free jelly
That looks much lower carb than yesterday. I hope your meter rewards you with a good reading :)

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast scrambled egg
Lunch tuna salad
Dinner chicken, sliver of posh Wensleydale ( yummy)
Not hungry - sitting for 7 hrs looking at plastic slices of chicken and Cornish pasties has that effect on you. Perhaps that what DESMOND is about?

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Courgette frittata (stirred a teaspoon of harissa into the eggs to inject some heat) with a grilled tomato and some buttered mushrooms.
Lunch: Big mixed salad with a couple of mackerel fillets dressed with olive oil and balsamic.
Dinner: Swordfish with puttanesca sauce, runner beans, a little boiled new potato and a glass of dry white wine.

Reactions: 3 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Breakfast was my usual greek yoghurt and berries with sprinkle of nutty muesli. Then we went out as a family and my usual chicken salad was not to be ..bread roll and sausage. ..half a pizza and hot chocolate during the day. Tea was chicken pie and then an apple turn over. I don't understand how I am so disciplined most of the time then boooom carb fest
I wonder if its to do with my hormones.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Breakfast scrambled egg
Lunch tuna salad
Dinner chicken, sliver of posh Wensleydale ( yummy)
Not hungry - sitting for 7 hrs looking at plastic slices of chicken and Cornish pasties has that effect on you. Perhaps that what DESMOND is about?
LOL Was that your Desmond course? Nightmare.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Indeed it was. I now know that cheese and butter are the spawn of Satan and should be eaten less frequently than a Cornish pasty and a Bakewell tart.

Reactions: 8 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Breakfast was my usual greek yoghurt and berries with sprinkle of nutty muesli. Then we went out as a family and my usual chicken salad was not to be ..bread roll and sausage. ..half a pizza and hot chocolate during the day. Tea was chicken pie and then an apple turn over. I don't understand how I am so disciplined most of the time then boooom carb fest
I wonder if its to do with my hormones.
It's because carbs are sooo addictive. Once you had the roll and sausage you were on the slippery slope. You'll be fine tomorrow :angelic:

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 6488

Today has been
B - vegetable & pear juice
L- home grown raspberries with natural yogurt, toasted almonds & vanilla extract
D - homegrown veggies fried in coconut oil with soy sauce & low carb pitta
S - some dark choc and a couple of teaspoons of sugar free peanut butter - not together!
@badkat, I've always wanted to go juicing for my current diet but scared of doing so :) the last time I did (I wasn't diagnosed yet) kale, cucumber, pineapple I felt so sleepy/ nearly blacked out after drinking...so I eat them whole instead...What was your blood sugar like?

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@badcat like the fact you're eating homegrown veg and Berries too :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: Cheese and spring onion omelette with ketchup.

Lunch: Almonds, blueberries, fennel tea.

Dinner: Cream of courgette and fennel soup with buttered husky toast. Pineapple vegi jelly, Greek yogurt, blueberries.

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/12267/courgette-and-fennel-soup.aspx

While making this soup I kept thinking is was boring. At the end I added the dash of vinegar and it completely transformed it. Who knew? Very tasty soup. Served with a splash of cream for luck. Will freeze the rest in portions. This sudden cold weather has brought out my squirrelling instinct.
Your soup sounds perfect for the cold weather :) yum...

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
Last night I had a very tasty Tuna Mornay with Zucchini Fettuccine.

Type1insuliner

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How much insulin do you low carbs take when your having just scrambled eggs or fried eggs for breakfast or makeral, as my blood sugars raise whrn I eat just protein and the nutritionist was telling me not to take insulin for protein. I just end up correcting an hour aft ive eaten.
thanks in advance, Lizzie x

B

badcat

@badkat, I've always wanted to go juicing for my current diet but scared of doing so :) the last time I did (I wasn't diagnosed yet) kale, cucumber, pineapple I felt so sleepy/ nearly blacked out after drinking...so I eat them whole instead...What was your blood sugar like?
Today's have varied between 5.5 and 8.8. Yesterday's on a similar diet were better - between 5 and 7 something

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: Greek yoghurt with fresh blackberries, blueberries, strawberries and raspberries

Lunch: Celery sticks spread with cream cheese, a few cherry tomatoes on the vine

Supper: Home-made zucchini frittata with green salad and tomatoes

Sugar free strawberry jelly with double cream

Last edited by a moderator:

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How much insulin do you low carbs take when your having just scrambled eggs or fried eggs for breakfast or makeral, as my blood sugars raise whrn I eat just protein and the nutritionist was telling me not to take insulin for protein. I just end up correcting an hour aft ive eaten.
thanks in advance, Lizzie x
I need insulin just because I got out of bed (about 3 units) but I don't eat eggs for breakfast so couldn't say.

If I have scrambled eggs for lunch, which I make with cream and butter, then I will need 2 units novorapid but delayed by a couple of hours. If I eat fried eggs and bacon for lunch then I don't need to bolus. I'm starting to wonder if it's a dairy issue for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.