Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Me too, tomorrow

Late onset T1, several auto immune issues.
Humalogmix25 twice a day, Methotrexate 25mg once per week, FolicAcid 5mg once per week, prednisolone 5mg daily, Allopurinol 300mg, Calcichew-D3 800iu, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Atenolol 50mg, Losarten 100mg, Aspirin 75mg, Nicorandil 20mg, Nitrolingual GTN spray, Metformin 2000mg, Allimemazine 10mg, Lanzoprazole 30mg, Atorvastatin 20mg, Co Codamol 8/500mg, Depo Medrone (Methylprednisolone) or double Prednisolone for 7 days in case of RA flare.

zazoopits

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I made it! It was a bit eggy, I wonder if three eggs might work. I toasted it with butter and quite enjoyed it. Just nice to feel like I can have a slice of something!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
Ha anyone else tried this bread recipe???

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I make one very similar to this, but with about 20g of melted butter in. I have it every day as sandwich bread. Tastes a bit like rye bread.

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
What are the opinions of the above bread?? Does it taste strongly of flax??, please let me know, thanks.

daniT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I love it :)
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1407872950.897273.jpg
it was so easy to make

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks dannyT1D, does it taste very strongly of Flax or does the Almond flour offset that?

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Tried this last night - having it for lunch today too. Really nice texture, doesn't taste eggy to me... more like seeds and granary.

Mine stuck to the tin so came out in bits unfortunately. Anyone else have problems getting it out? ... I greased the tin with butter... was that my mistake?

Sam.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tried this last night - having it for lunch today too. Really nice texture, doesn't taste eggy to me... more like seeds and granary.

Mine stuck to the tin so came out in bits unfortunately. Anyone else have problems getting it out? ... I greased the tin with butter... was that my mistake?

Sam.

I haven't made this bread, but when I have made "ordinary" bread, I have always greased the tin with oil, using a pastry brush to ensure I get all the way into the corners. An alternative would be a silicone loaf tin, which allows you to almost peel it away from the loaf. If none of that appeals, you could always line the tin with paper, although that's a bit of a faff if you're going to be baking regularly.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks I have been looking for a low carb bread recipe. Can't wait to try it.

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I haven't made this bread, but when I have made "ordinary" bread, I have always greased the tin with oil, using a pastry brush to ensure I get all the way into the corners. An alternative would be a silicone loaf tin, which allows you to almost peel it away from the loaf. If none of that appeals, you could always line the tin with paper, although that's a bit of a faff if you're going to be baking regularly.

I doubt I'll be baking it regularly... probably not again. Failed to get through the loaf in a week and it mysteriously* disappeared. And proper bread tastes so much nicer.

(*was thrown away by my wife)

sunlover

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Feeling cold...which is hard as i live in Scotland!
I think I will have a bash at this at the weekend looks really easy, just taking a note of the low carb recipes before I start

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello . I too made the flax bread but found the taste that bit too strong. I didnt finish it either. I made the cheesey almond bread today posted by anniebea on 8th November 2013 on the, post your recipes here' thread. It was delcious!!!! scrumptious.

Attachments

• IMG_20140825_173709.jpg
    IMG_20140825_173709.jpg
    671.6 KB · Views: 187

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Im sorry I cant seem to copy and paste on this tablet. The recipe is on Page 14 of post your recipes here. Sorry I cant be any more help.