So bleeping angry with my gp!!!!!!

sallymac65

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Feeling high, people not understanding the difference between type 1 + 2, those people who dont listen!
Great to hear, so for obvious reasons I guess you'll try and get an appt as soon as you can and what I did was to take as many letters and correspondence from my hospital visits as they wont transfer over either. Whats your consultant like, is he/she ok ish? Would they be prepared to support you in your challenge to get blood test strips? I was lucky in that mine was, but not all of them are, so whats your gut feeling?

sallymac65

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Feeling high, people not understanding the difference between type 1 + 2, those people who dont listen!
good, so you're half way then .... well done, all this causes extra stress and stuff so keep an eye on those bms! Hope your day improves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Wow just read your whole story for the first time, what an absolutely horrible bunch of plonkers! I hope things will work out better for you with a new gp. Keep on fighting for your health! :-*

Reactions: 5 people

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
do you have an appt yet at the new gp? Just bear in mind that your records wont go with you, so you'll have to start from scratch but in your situation, thats no bad thing!
Hello, the gp you are leaving, has to make a disc copy of all you computerised records and forward it too the new practise, this has to be done within a certain period of time to maintain continuity of treatment, the new practise will then down load all the data to maintain the patients records, ttfn

sallymac65

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Wow, scouser58 I never knew that, is that new ? First of heard of it, wished Id known this before transferring to various doctors around the UK. Great to hear though.

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hello Calaminlygayn, I have just read your whole set of posts, and what a terrible time you have had with the gp, and nurses. As a t1, you need your strips and I failed to understand why the practise behaved so badly towards you.
As a patient on t1 meds you must have a repeat prescription, and the test strips should be on there for 1 months supply at a time, I am t2 and mine are on my repeat script.
The hospital clinic has you on the review regulary, so why does the gp want everything re-done.
My hospital has access to my gp records on a file sharing/updating system and this has been the case for a good few years, so no duplication of tests etc.
The clinic emails the gp with any post visit reports and any changes to the medication, and as I explained to the dr. at the clinic my gp practise is useless at reading these letters and acting upon them, so I would like a copy of all correspondence, so that I know what they have told the gp, and what changes they want to implement, this has worked well.

The rude and bad mannered staff at the practise were well out of order, and they have too much of a high opinion of themselves, they always think they know better.
Did you consider the PCT, LCCC, and they all have their fingers in the health care pie, and they have a lot of say in what does on. I hope the legal people are doing a good job for you, and they get a good result for you, and the new practise is going to do a good job looking after you, and no more nonscence with the test strip problems, keep telling us of your progress, ttfn

Liz55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Calamity, have just sat and read all that has happened to you.....really bad service all round, and so dangerous .You've received great advice from everyone here and I hope you get the treatment you need and deserve from your new GP practice. Wish you well and keep us updated how your complaint goes. Rootin' for ya! Hug!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I'm a bit concerned that this posting started in May. Have you not been back in since then to get their requested review done?
How have you managed all these months without anymore test strips?

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Look at nhs choices website for gp's in your area.
Some like your practice get excellent reviews from the mori poll surveys and online reviews.
Others in this area have had really bad reviews from the mori poll reviews and patients.

Please read reviews of every practice in the area before making a choice of gp to change to.

Your practice is graded by patients at almost 30% better than mine just down the road...

calamitygayn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
But they are probably graded by elderly patients....dr ls treated me like a leper last week yet offered a doddery elderly patient a cup of tea! while I listen to recommendations, being treated so badly by these gps tells me that me and any other diabetic is in danger if at this surgery.....Once I have been seen and am happy at new gps, im contacting the press

calamitygayn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Since may, the diabetic clinic contacted the gp who gave me the strips. I since bought a meter from amazon and bought some. The clinic also gave me some and I did the dafne course where I got more too...I am not a difficult patient, I just want to get on with my life and diabetes...ive moved around the country, had different jobs and this is the ONLY gp or anywhere I have experienced such behaviour..

calamitygayn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I will find the mori polls and leave a truthful and honest review.....dangerous! avoid!

calamitygayn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
can I also please add...I don't look for trouble donellysdogs. This dr was and is wrong....what they have done could have ruined me and possibly caused me harm. They are the ones at fault here and their lack of duty of care has caused me immense pain...im not the bad guy here...all I wanted is to be well and care for my health....

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
can I also please add...I don't look for trouble donellysdogs. This dr was and is wrong....what they have done could have ruined me and possibly caused me harm. They are the ones at fault here and their lack of duty of care has caused me immense pain...im not the bad guy here...all I wanted is to be well and care for my health....
Hi calamity! Can't believe the treatment you have received. Truly negligent! Are you now with your new doc? Hugs! Scandi

calamitygayn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you Scandi. yeah Im with a new gp now.. im shocked that they can treat diabetes sufferers like it. shocked and appalled! I really feel strong enough now to deal with their neglect and downright dangerous actions. tired of diabetics, especially type 1s, getting such a raw deal....we didn't ask for this!!!

calamitygayn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry....can I also just add that since May, no I haven't been in for a review. why would I when they obviously have no idea or care about my condition. I have, however, had a recent hba1c which was in the specified range(can't remember the figure but it was spot on) and done a dafne course. I work full time, from 7am to anything up to 9pm, so I haven't got time to waste having the same testsdone twice and I also don't want to waste ngs time and money. basically because I put in a complaint, the gp was holding me to ransom. out of order.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi
I do actually sympathise!! You won't be able to get to mori polls as they are sent out by the IPSOS/MORI company to randomly selected patients. The only thing that you can do is as mentioned previously is to put a review on the NHS choices website.

Do look at this website and reviews of practices in the area.

Type 1's should not need to go through **** to get strips, but under DES payment schemes etc GP's are target driven to get their money. Practices had to sign up before June to the new DES regulations and targets, perhaps for you it may be a consideration to get a Practice that hasn't signed up. Then GP's in these practices are not so tied to their targets.

I do sympathise as your recent journey with diabetes has been made difficult and the options of going to the press are yours to take.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Thank you Scandi. yeah Im with a new gp now.. im shocked that they can treat diabetes sufferers like it. shocked and appalled! I really feel strong enough now to deal with their neglect and downright dangerous actions. tired of diabetics, especially type 1s, getting such a raw deal....we didn't ask for this!!!
What's the new GP like?