Eyes!

Seriously_Sax1989

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello I have really dark circles under my eyes most of the time which makes me look like I've had a mega night out on the town so I've bought myself a "wake up tired eyes" eye stick and so far so good :)

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi some of them work well. A home remedy is Almond Oil applied once or twice a day. Gently rub almond oil in a circular direction, anti clockwise towards the inner eye ( but be careful you don't get oil in the eye) and gradually the darkness with get lighter. It's a build up of toxins and by 'pushing gently' towards the tear duct you are pushing the nasty toxins out:) I haven't done this for a few years now, but it will now go on my shopping list.

Reactions: 6 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
A good nights sleep works wonders too:)

Seriously_Sax1989

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah cool, never heard of using almond oil but I'll be sure to give it a try. Normally they're really dark if my BG is high but I'm fed up with looking like I've crawled out of a brewery so this will no doubt be attempt 1 of many :D

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Ah cool, never heard of using almond oil but I'll be sure to give it a try. Normally they're really dark if my BG is high but I'm fed up with looking like I've crawled out of a brewery so this will no doubt be attempt 1 of many :D

Remember not to wipe your eyes in a forgetful moment after you apply it, Seriously_Sax1989. :wideyed: :playful:

Me better half thanks you for that tip RR. :)

willie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

It's ageing too,:(

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ageing!!!!!!! :O :O oh god I'm 25 today :p
why are you bothering? your life is finished :)
if you do get a bit in your eye, it will be blurry from the oil film for a while, but wont harm it at all. The treatment is new to me. 10 points to Robin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ageing!!!!!!! :O :O oh god I'm 25 today :p

You're 25 today, congratulations and many happy returns,:D. I am older than you by a few years ( not saying how many though) lol, but always look after your skin :) Please remember any application around the eye area should always be done with great care ( it's a tiny amount of oil and not a teaspoonful !!) and definitely not after a long heavy night out !. Have a great day...

Last edited by a moderator:

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
:rolleyes:
Lying used tea bags over your eyes, use either Luke warm or cold.
And Cucumber is great, not only for eyes but for your whole face.

Reactions: 4 people

Seriously_Sax1989

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lying?? Lol no it really is working! Yeah heard of cucumber on the eyes and tea bags... However I thought that was an old wives tale lol

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Lying?? Lol no it really is working! Yeah heard of cucumber on the eyes and tea bags... However I thought that was an old wives tale lol
Damned predictive text keep meaning to check it.lol.
:banghead:Well I am an old wife. lol. I am also a fully Qualified Aromatherapist. Tea bags. When I worked in engineering The welders used tea bags on their eyes when they got what was termed a Flash ( that is when you see the welding spark without a mask, and it harms your Eyes.
Cucumber is cooling and healing. **** now I will have to get my old text books out and see what else there is.

Reactions: 4 people

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
:rolleyes: Ok don't want you messing with essential oils near your eyes. But Camomile tea bags may work better than traditional tea.
Or cotton pads with Witch Hazel. Any Idea what's in your tired eye stick??

Seriously_Sax1989

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah ok opalshards! I re read your previous message lol. Yesterday I read it as in lying! Use tea bags etc, instead if lying used tea bags lol... Hmm perhaps my eye stick isn't working haha :) no it really is tho!

Yeah it's from simple kind to eyes revitalising eye roll-on. Blend of cucumber extracts and multi vitamins apparently!

K

Kat100

There is a new new one out for the face and body ...Aragon oil (spelling ) ....anti ageing etc....
The one from Morocco ....anyone who is anyone is using it...... :rolleyes:

I am of course letting my husband try it out first on his skin , he has never used a moisturiser before ...and he is loving it ....
10 years younger in two days ....:angelic:

I have tried the leave in hair oil ....really good ....you only need a tiny bit ....:cat:

Seriously_Sax1989

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hmm I'll look out for the Moroccan oil then, seriously tho this eye thing is lovely! Lovely and cold, soothing just great... Was about to write "well I have diabetes and high BG" but of course we ALL have diabetes and know about high BG lol... Maybe my brain is now in need of some treatment :-/ lol x

Reactions: 3 people
K

Kat100

Hmm I'll look out for the Moroccan oil then, seriously tho this eye thing is lovely! Lovely and cold, soothing just great... Was about to write "well I have diabetes and high BG" but of course we ALL have diabetes and know about high BG lol... Maybe my brain is now in need of some treatment :-/ lol x
Tkm sell,it , a bit hit and miss ,,but can be found in all other drug and beauty stores ....body shop,also but a bit more expensive in there ....