1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Eyes!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Seriously_Sax1989, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Seriously_Sax1989

Seriously_Sax1989 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello I have really dark circles under my eyes most of the time which makes me look like I've had a mega night out on the town so I've bought myself a "wake up tired eyes" eye stick and so far so good :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Hi some of them work well. A home remedy is Almond Oil applied once or twice a day. Gently rub almond oil in a circular direction, anti clockwise towards the inner eye ( but be careful you don't get oil in the eye) and gradually the darkness with get lighter. It's a build up of toxins and by 'pushing gently' towards the tear duct you are pushing the nasty toxins out:) I haven't done this for a few years now, but it will now go on my shopping list.

• Like Like x 6
  3. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

A good nights sleep works wonders too:)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Robinredbreast

I wish Noblehead, I wish o_O

• Like Like x 6
  5. Seriously_Sax1989

Ah cool, never heard of using almond oil but I'll be sure to give it a try. Normally they're really dark if my BG is high but I'm fed up with looking like I've crawled out of a brewery so this will no doubt be attempt 1 of many :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. WeeWillie

WeeWillie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Remember not to wipe your eyes in a forgetful moment after you apply it, Seriously_Sax1989. :wideyed: :playful:

Me better half thanks you for that tip RR. :)

willie [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Robinredbreast

It's ageing too,:(

8. Seriously_Sax1989

Ageing!!!!!!! :O :O oh god I'm 25 today :p

• Like Like x 2
  9. jack412

jack412 Type 2 · Expert

why are you bothering? your life is finished :)
    if you do get a bit in your eye, it will be blurry from the oil film for a while, but wont harm it at all. The treatment is new to me. 10 points to Robin

10. Robinredbreast

You're 25 today, congratulations and many happy returns,:D. I am older than you by a few years ( not saying how many though) lol, but always look after your skin :) Please remember any application around the eye area should always be done with great care ( it's a tiny amount of oil and not a teaspoonful !!) and definitely not after a long heavy night out !. Have a great day...

• Like Like x 2
    #10 Robinredbreast, Sep 10, 2014 at 8:59 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2014
  11. Seriously_Sax1989

Thank you :) I can confidently announce that my eye treatment thing works and is lovely and cold too!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Opalshards

Opalshards Type 2 · Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:
    Lying used tea bags over your eyes, use either Luke warm or cold.
    And Cucumber is great, not only for eyes but for your whole face.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Seriously_Sax1989

Lying?? Lol no it really is working! Yeah heard of cucumber on the eyes and tea bags... However I thought that was an old wives tale lol

14. Opalshards

Damned predictive text keep meaning to check it.lol.
    :banghead:Well I am an old wife. lol. I am also a fully Qualified Aromatherapist. Tea bags. When I worked in engineering The welders used tea bags on their eyes when they got what was termed a Flash ( that is when you see the welding spark without a mask, and it harms your Eyes.
    Cucumber is cooling and healing. **** now I will have to get my old text books out and see what else there is.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Opalshards

:rolleyes: Ok don't want you messing with essential oils near your eyes. But Camomile tea bags may work better than traditional tea.
    Or cotton pads with Witch Hazel. Any Idea what's in your tired eye stick??

• Like Like x 2
  16. Seriously_Sax1989

Ah ok opalshards! I re read your previous message lol. Yesterday I read it as in lying! Use tea bags etc, instead if lying used tea bags lol... Hmm perhaps my eye stick isn't working haha :) no it really is tho!

Yeah it's from simple kind to eyes revitalising eye roll-on. Blend of cucumber extracts and multi vitamins apparently!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Kat100

Kat100 · Guest

There is a new new one out for the face and body ...Aragon oil (spelling ) ....anti ageing etc....
    The one from Morocco ....anyone who is anyone is using it...... :rolleyes:

I am of course letting my husband try it out first on his skin , he has never used a moisturiser before ...and he is loving it ....
    10 years younger in two days ....:angelic:

I have tried the leave in hair oil ....really good ....you only need a tiny bit ....:cat:

• Like Like x 2
  18. Kat100

Kat100 · Guest

Yes happy birthday x

• Like Like x 3
  19. Seriously_Sax1989

Hmm I'll look out for the Moroccan oil then, seriously tho this eye thing is lovely! Lovely and cold, soothing just great... Was about to write "well I have diabetes and high BG" but of course we ALL have diabetes and know about high BG lol... Maybe my brain is now in need of some treatment :-/ lol x

• Like Like x 3
  20. Kat100

Kat100 · Guest

Tkm sell,it , a bit hit and miss ,,but can be found in all other drug and beauty stores ....body shop,also but a bit more expensive in there ....

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook