BS readings

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Getting there Ally, well done how you feeling in yourself?

Reactions: 2 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
john, i,m feeling so much better since my BS levels are coming down though still a little worried about my fist reading of the day though that is slowly coming down

Reactions: 3 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
thank you alliebee, when i do go away, i miss my friends here

Reactions: 4 people

alliebee

Ally I will be your bg readings buddy if you like. Pm me if you like. We started off together ay same readings and can discover and support each other too? The morning reading is the last to come in line. I'm trying not to compare myself to all those with low numbers. They have worked at this for ages. Its going to take some time. Like you I had readings in the teens. And felt such a failure. Esp as I'm a nurse. Still we have both grabbed this by the short and curlies. And we will get there by trying and testing and testing....it will knock us both back from time to time by hey we are trying and we are learning! Here's to us! :)

Reactions: 7 people

alliebee

You beat me today. Pre lunch 7.5. After 9.2. Ham salad. Ceasear dressing. Wedge of cheddar
Brilliant readings Ally

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Erm. Not sure I'm such a newbie. Anyone know??
Hi ally and alliebee At the top right hand side you can see an envelope? Click on that and it will say start new conversation....add either ally or alliabee and you can message !

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
pre tea 7.7 post tea 10.6
bit of a hike because i had baked beans with sausages

BlueGreen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
pre tea 7.7 post tea 10.6
bit of a hike because i had baked beans with sausages
I've discovered the secret of eating baked beans. POUR OUT THE SAUCE! Seriously, there's just crazy amounts of sugar in that stuff. Half a tin of baked beans sans sauce does almost nothing to my numbers.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
it was the reduced salt and sugar tin of baked beans that i had
won,t be eating them again

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I've discovered the secret of eating baked beans. POUR OUT THE SAUCE! Seriously, there's just crazy amounts of sugar in that stuff. Half a tin of baked beans sans sauce does almost nothing to my numbers.

Sounds like a reasonable compromise to me... Easy enough to drain off the majority of sauce through a sieve when serving...

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds like a reasonable compromise to me... Easy enough to drain off the majority of sauce through a sieve when serving...
Why not just have haricot beans? You can buy a can of them that does not have sauce. Flavour them any way you choose.