Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helsin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I seem to have gone up to 7s most mornings recently. Weight coming down slowly and I am eating happily to lchf and taking regular exercise. I am quite anxious though, particularly on waking

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 this morning- laid in bed for a few hours before taking it and I could have eaten the bed clothes by time I took it!

Reactions: 4 people

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
flipping 10.1 this morning, its getting ridiculous.

But am trying to fight off a cold or hay fever, tooth infection and worrying whether i'll get my operation next Thursday - if i get cough / cold 2 weeks before the op i have to tell them.

Am going to get some Vitamin C tablets tonight from the chemist - which most likely wont help with BS readings, but priority is to be ok for general anaesthetic next Thursday.

My DN said to up gliclizade dose to 2 x 80 twice a day just while i get the operations done and dusted - i know they'll go haywire after both operations but there's no need to go higher the week and few days before.

Reactions: 3 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
That's a bummer Bev, but fighting off infections and general stress always does this. I hope you keep well for the op.

Reactions: 2 people

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Rod and i had flu jab on Friday so that might not help either. :)

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.1 this morning, lowest is 6.9 highest is 8.3. I was diagnosed in August. I've lost 2 stone since then. I'm on diet and exercise only. Going for my hba1c test end of October. The only reading I worry about is my morning fasting reading! Should I be worried being in the 7's every morning? At what point would I need medication? I wondered if there was something I could take overnight to get a better morning reading.
Hi! I'm 14 weeks into this new way of lifestyle- I do know from the wonderfully informative and supportive folks here that it is always the morning readings that are the last to reduce so don't give up ! Do you test pre and post food? What are your levels then? Congratulations on the weight loss, great in two months? I refuse to own scales and when I have my next hbA1c on the 22nd I shall ask the end to read the scales but I only want the loss figure, all to do with getting obsessive a few years ago! I do know work colleagues have said about two stone so far, and I am two Jean sizes down already;)

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You make me laugh- I'm like you in that I've just said to weigh me and shut up. I was getting weighed at home but found that I was getting stressed about every fluctuation. I am going by my the clothes I can now fit into and comments off two well seasoned dieters- my mum and the barista in my local Neros. I have gone down at least a bra band size and got into a size 14 dress which would have been impossible beginning of May.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You make me laugh- I'm like you in that I've just said to weigh me and shut up. I was getting weighed at home but found that I was getting stressed about every fluctuation. I am going by my the clothes I can now fit into and comments off two well seasoned dieters- my mum and the barista in my local Neros. I have gone down at least a bra band size and got into a size 14 dress which would have been impossible beginning of May.
See.....we keep each other going here and have the same "issues" !! Many moons ago I did a strict calorie controlled diet and gym etc and became almost scrawny for my height of 6.2 1/2 and didn't look good, made me quiet ill too. The way lchf is working is a much better way and I'm being told daily that I'm looking so well! Two more Jean sizes down would be fab and it's looking attainable without too much trauma !!

Last edited by a moderator:

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I just have a routine of weighing myself on Sunday mornings so it doesn't get obsessive (BGs are bad enough lol). Today I took a good suit and a decent shirt to the charity shop because they are just too big - the suit jacket made me look like something from 1930s Chicago - even though I had only worn them a few times. (I did think of Ebay but frankly the prices you get are not worth the hassle - I did buy a nice replacement (smaller!) shirt though :cool:). So 'Animals in Distress' get the benefit which is how it should be really.

My 'proper' waist measurement is sticking stubbornly at 38 because of the visceral fat, but at least I am now back wearing 34 trousers which was unimaginable at the beginning of the year, and I can see my feet without having to lean forward.

(Sorry, veering OT here ... !)

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
See.....we keep each other going here and have the same "issues" !! Many moons ago I did a strict calorie controlled diet and gym etc and became almost scrawny for my height of 6.2 1/2 and didn't look good, made me quiet ill too. The way lchf is working is a much better way and I'm being told daily that I'm looking so well! Two more Jean sizes down would be fab and it's looking attainable without too much trauma !!

I just find knowing how much I weigh dispiriting- I always focus on the amount to lose and not what I've lost and in past it outfaced me and I gave up way short of goal. This way I feel in control as I think of it as a way of eating to stay well and not a diet to lose weight and the weight has come off really easily, helped by the metformin and exercise. I have a goal of hubby's 50th in Feb to be fab by- will be nice to be on the photos for a change.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just have a routine of weighing myself on Sunday mornings so it doesn't get obsessive (BGs are bad enough lol). Today I took a good suit and a decent shirt to the charity shop because they are just too big - the suit jacket made me look like something from 1930s Chicago - even though I had only worn them a few times. (I did think of Ebay but frankly the prices you get are not worth the hassle - I did buy a nice replacement (smaller!) shirt though :cool:). So 'Animals in Distress' get the benefit which is how it should be really.

My 'proper' waist measurement is sticking stubbornly at 38 because of the visceral fat, but at least I am now back wearing 34 trousers which was unimaginable at the beginning of the year, and I can see my feet without having to lean forward.

(Sorry, veering OT here ... !)

That's great- I've just filled a bag of stuff that is too big or was bought just because it fit not because I liked it to go to Oxfam. I think the tummy area is last to go down- I know my hips and waist are much less but I still have a baby bump!

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
andbreathe, i think my next review is may next year

BlueGreen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
4.2 this morning. Which is lower than I'd like. Had a similar diet / level of exercise today today, so am dropping the Humulin by a couple of units tonight tonight.

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What meter is it, please ?
sorry I should have said - I was having strip issues with freestyle lite - god know why but this new Agamatrix wavesense jazz is much more stable

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/i-recieved-my-new-wavesense-jazz-from-agamatrix-and.65406/

lets see when I try another pack of strips later in the week

P.S> nice thing Agamatrix send you a free cable for their free software and control solutions free too
but who knows if it will end up my favourite

im going to try the bayer contour xt Probaly if this one fails me

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Drum roll..... 4 weeks drug free.

5.1 before bed last night. 5.8 this morning, and 5.0 home from work/before dinner :)

Reactions: 8 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
5.4 just after I woke up. 2 Hours later, 7.2. Still don't know if that's good or otherwise. I'll assume it's positive.

Also dropped into the docs and my blood pressure is 145 / 68 ... huge improvement :)

Status
Not open for further replies.