Not open for further replies.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm assuming you meant to post this on Brunneria's suggestion thread! I can make prefixes mandatory if you think they're not obvious enough :)

How did that happen (user error, of course, sorry! )?

To be honest, unless it was clear how to set it, it's potentially just another hurdle to creating a new thread, but maybe I'm being far too picky.

I'll copy this back onto @Brunneria's thread, for completeness, and if necessary, continue that part of the discussion there.

Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

Your report has been viewed and no action will be taken.
When a member hits the report button with a concern, depending on what the report is about, it gets dealt with or it is reassigned

Best wishes RRB.
I only have admiration for the moderators of this very large forum .....not any easy job and a lot of personal time commitment ...
Time , emotions , polices ....etc etc the list goes on and often we the members never know what work goes on behind the doors of large organisations ..there are often very many levels of management ....above moderators ...it is a voluntary role ...Thank,you all ...not an easy job ..

Reactions: 7 people
K

Kat100

I really do understand, but some members,( certainly not genuine newbies who need our help, advice and support) need to walk away. Part of the problem is that we are anonymous, some hide behind that screen and just type way with a total disregard of what they are knowingly doing. Some also have many different guises too:(
Best wishes RRB
How true ....this can then become a us and them game ...which maybe harmful to individuals ....

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's not uncommon for users to adopt more than one identity. This isn't directly against our rules unless one of their accounts is banned. It's not exactly hard to figure out when people are using more than one account :)
This surprises me . I still have a reply in my inbox from Dan dated 29th April 2009 (shows I don't use PM that much!) It is his reply when I told him that I had previous name As a relative newcomer to forums I allowed myself to be bullied off the forum by a now banned membe) When I had recovered from the upset it caused me, I came back under another name some time later. This was as a result of him asking people to tell him if they had more than one account otherwise people with more than one account would be banned from the forum .
I certainly know of people that have had more than one incarnation at the same time as well as the reincarnation of banned members. I assumed that was possible because they knew how to circumvent the system.

Reactions: 5 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This surprises me . I still have a reply in my inbox from Dan dated 29th April 2009 (shows I don't use PM that much!) It is his reply when I told him that I had previous name As a relative newcomer to forums I allowed myself to be bullied off the forum by a now banned membe) When I had recovered from the upset it caused me, I came back under another name some time later. This was as a result of him asking people to tell him if they had more than one account otherwise people with more than one account would be banned from the forum .
I certainly know of people that have had more than one incarnation at the same time as well as the reincarnation of banned members. I assumed that was possible because they knew how to circumvent the system.

Well, I suppose it's better than chatting with the voices in our heads. :cool:

(For the record, I don't have multiple accounts.)

Reactions: 4 people

Sancho panza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Personally I think that multiple accounts, sock puppets call them what you will should not be allowed and anyone with multiple accounts should be banned I see no reason to have them except to cause trouble. If someone has left for whatever reason then wants to return under a different name then so long as the admin / mods are aware then that's ok.
But one person one account.

There are some wonderful people on here I see the same names time after time being welcoming to new members, never tiring of giving the same advice and reassurances to those with worries and questions. Perhaps we could have a special title awarded to them in recognition of the kindness they show.

The whole my diet is best thing does get a little tedious at times perhaps a debate forum where derailment of threads could be moved if things get out of hand, another forum I use has a version of this called the pit where the argumentative types can have at it without spoiling the rest of the forums.

Back to decorating

Reactions: 12 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Personally I think that multiple accounts, sock puppets call them what you will should not be allowed and anyone with multiple accounts should be banned I see no reason to have them except to cause trouble. If someone has left for whatever reason then wants to return under a different name then so long as the admin / mods are aware then that's ok.

There are some wonderful people on here I see the same names time after time being welcoming to new members, never tiring of giving the same advice and reassurances to those with worries and questions. Perhaps we could have a special title awarded to them in recognition of the kindness they show.

The whole my diet is best thing does get a little tedious at times perhaps a debate forum where derailment of threads could be moved if things get out of hand, another forum I use has a version of this called the pit where the argumentative types can have at it without spoiling the rest of the forums.

Back to decorating

I agree with your entire post, I particularly agree that multiple accounts should be banned, can't see any good reason for them at all.

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Personally I think that multiple accounts, sock puppets call them what you will should not be allowed and anyone with multiple accounts should be banned

Luckily I was born with a good 'nose' for sniffing them out. ;)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Back to decorating

A very good post Sancho panza, especially the last paragraph, very interesting. A possible 'sin bin' would be great, or time out, similar to Ice Hockey rules, if it could be implemented.
Thank you and good luck with the decorating

Best wishes RRB

Reactions: 8 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I nominate @Bluetit1802
Her consistent considerate posts on the Newbie threads are fantastic.
And she even pipes up when the 'my diet is best' bickering breaks out.
She's a star!

Reactions: 11 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I nominate @Bluetit1802
Her consistent considerate posts on the Newbie threads are fantastic.
And she even pipes up when the 'my diet is best' bickering breaks out.
She's a star!
Yep, seconded!

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I suppose it's better than chatting with the voices in our heads. :cool:

(For the record, I don't have multiple accounts.)
Oh how I miss those voices:depressed: (I don't have multiple accounts either)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
imagine a regular poster making a new name then coming on here pretending to be new and asking questions only to eventually support their own dietary views, imagine how pathetic! they must feel if they got busted, glad that didnt ever happen

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 5 people

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
imagine a regular poster making a new name then coming on here pretending to be new and asking questions only to eventually support their own dietary views, imagine how pathetic! they must feel if they got busted, glad that didnt ever happen

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

I'm glad it didn't happen too mate although once upon a time I had a dream about such a scenario happening here with the only clue I could remember upon awakening was '5th month of the calender year Aves' ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.