Status
Not open for further replies.
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Well, in order to check my memory for exactly what happens when the Report button is hit, I hit it on your post. I did state it was a test, with no action required, so don't worry. But, somebody, somewhere should be alerted to your post. Hopefully, they then might read on.

As regards asking for feedback on something, I did this once (not with Giverny) and get a response, but it didn't include specific feedback on my concern. I hope my experience was isolated, and I hadn't intended that it be discussed here, but it is relevant in the context of the current sub-topic.

Let's be clear. Moderation is a thankless task, but that doesn't negate the need for timely communication.

Your report has been viewed and no action will be taken.
When a member hits the report button with a concern, depending on what the report is about, it gets dealt with or it is reassigned

Best wishes RRB.

Reactions: 4 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When a member hits the report button with a concern, depending on what the report is about, it gets dealt with or it is reassigned

Best wishes RRB.
Thank you. Can you explain what you mean by 'reassigned'?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Best wishes RRB.

Thanks for responding RRB. However, more importantly, can you appreciate the real context of my post?

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors

Best wishes RRB.

RRB, Anna or anyone else, may i ask why when a person (me) gets told they have done wrong ie gets....

"Your actions in this message ******** are not appropriate. This does not follow our rules. Your message may have been removed or altered.

Your account's access may be limited based on these actions. Please keep this in mind when posting or using our site."

or im told (anna) that im "attempting to derail a thread" with the same possible outcome,

why is there no response to my attempt to get an explanation? if i am going to be banned for something, should i not at very least have an explanation as to what i did wrong? instead of the standard copy paste slap on the wrist? if im not told what you didnt like, how can i not do it again?

before someone tells me to take this to PM i have tried and never get a response

Reactions: 8 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reassigned to someone higher up on the forum.

RRB

With a background where I have run support functions in commercial organisations, I can probably speculate what that means, but could you calrify; does that mean someone with a bigger hammer, higher admin rights to "manage" users, developers, legal advisors? (Of course, it might be any or all of these.)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i wrote a long letter to Osidge, i even used capitals :wideyed: and got no response, i should at very least been banned for what i wrote in the letter but nothing, do administrators put people on ignore too? in which case i may be talking to myself lol

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
I got no explanation for my recent temporary ban.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks for responding RRB. However, more importantly, can you appreciate the real context of my post?

Yes I do AndBreathe, but I am not in Administration and as in all forums there are rules and regulations. Anna's suggestion, of a suggestion box ( excuse the pun) I think, is a good idea, if it doesn't get abused.:eek:
An idea I just thought of is a button the mod team could press to inform the reporter that we have got the report.I think that could be beneficial :)

Best wishes RRB

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I do AndBreathe, but I am not in Administration and as in all forums there are rules and regulations. Anna's suggestion, of a suggestion box ( excuse the pun) I think, is a good idea, if it doesn't get abused.:eek:
An idea I just thought of is a button the mod team could press to inform the reporter that we have got the report.I think that could be beneficial :)

Best wishes RRB

I think that would be excellent, provided it contained some information which (for me to feel it effective) would be the Mod's ID, and the action taken. By action, there would need to be meaningful words there too. Not real granular detail, but something that actually relates to the incident/issue report.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
With a background where I have run support functions in commercial organisations, I can probably speculate what that means, but could you calrify; does that mean someone with a bigger hammer, higher admin rights to "manage" users, developers, legal advisors? (Of course, it might be any or all of these.)

Sometimes, some posts/threads need to assessed by another because of the content.

If anyone is unhappy or concerned, then please get in touch with Giverny who has already commented on this thread.

Best wishes RRB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
RRB, Anna or anyone else, may i ask why when a person (me) gets told they have done wrong ie gets....

"Your actions in this message ******** are not appropriate. This does not follow our rules. Your message may have been removed or altered.

Your account's access may be limited based on these actions. Please keep this in mind when posting or using our site."

or im told (anna) that im "attempting to derail a thread" with the same possible outcome,

why is there no response to my attempt to get an explanation? if i am going to be banned for something, should i not at very least have an explanation as to what i did wrong? instead of the standard copy paste slap on the wrist? if im not told what you didnt like, how can i not do it again?

before someone tells me to take this to PM i have tried and never get a response

Hopefully, after all the posts on this thread, a positive outcome will occur.

RRB

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got no explanation for my recent temporary ban.
And I raised hell when I had been banned last spring to get at least some information on why I had been banned. I got some in the end, but was also told, if I remember rightly, not to ask that kind of question openly. Never understood why though, as I felt it could be beneficial for others too to understand the grounds for bans.

Reactions: 8 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i wrote a long letter to Osidge, i even used capitals :wideyed: and got no response, i should at very least been banned for what i wrote in the letter but nothing, do administrators put people on ignore too? in which case i may be talking to myself lol
Maybe the capitals made all the difference and that's why you weren't banned?;):)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Robinredbreast and @Giverny - Can I ask (roughly), how many Reports you have in an average 24 hours? Clearly there will be several relating to plain old spam, because I can't think I'm the only one who reports those.

The context of that query is I'm trying to gauge the reasonableness of some of the comments and requests we are making.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And I raised hell when I had been banned last spring to get at least some information on why I had been banned. I got some in the end, but was also told, if I remember rightly, not to ask that kind of question openly. Never understood why though, as I felt it could be beneficial for others too to understand the grounds for bans.
Yes I remember that, and I looked at all your posts and couldn't see anything wrong with them, so I was very wary of what I posted for a while. I would have liked to have known what rule you broke so that I didn't do the same thing.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I remember that, and I looked at all your posts and couldn't see anything wrong with them, so I was very wary of what I posted for a while. I would have liked to have known what rule you broke so that I didn't do the same thing.
I think the post that broke the moderator´s back was deleted. Understandably, as it was directed to him and he banned me for a week.

This is one of the reasons I think it is a good idea for moderators to show by text colour, for example, if they are posting as members of the forum or if they are moderating.

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Robinredbreast and @Giverny - Can I ask (roughly), how many Reports you have in an average 24 hours? Clearly there will be several relating to plain old spam, because I can't think I'm the only one who reports those.

The context of that query is I'm trying to gauge the reasonableness of some of the comments and requests we are making.

Yes there is a lot of spam at times and I fully understand what the thread is about regarding comments and requests and I sincerely hope a positive outcome will occur.

Best wishes RRB

Status
Not open for further replies.