Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 before dinner
7.6 after. Had same dinner so did the test again with figure of 5.8 5.5 and 5.8 so dont know which figure is right
5.0 fasting

That 7.6 reading has messed up my average eading of last 7 days

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
meat selfish people slugs and snails
10.9 going to shoot myself (again!!!) this is the only one Im having probs with!

Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.0 - going through one of my 'higher' sequences, such is life!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
nasty 6.5 this morning. I suspect a combo of too much protein at dinner and that special lady time ;-)

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.1 for me today. That's well within my personal range.

Lots to do today and already too much time spent on here this morning.

Play nicely boys and girls. :)

Reactions: 6 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.3 back to normal, the odd 4s that I get are when I have had alcohol the night before.

Reactions: 3 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
6.8 had a lump of cheese and a few nuts for supper....was good advice to have this for my supper ...thankyou:)

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.2, I need to retire ...

Reactions: 2 people

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
went to bed on 9, woke up on 9, but hubby woke me up moaning at 1.30 this morning he hurt his back on holiday - so told him to shut up and go back to sleep or go downstairs if he couldnt sleep - so its his fault, bet my liver was confused.

However sugars seem to be stabling out again tooth infection must have gone. My first operation is next thursday and as long as it stays under 13 on the finger prick thing i'll be ok. i have to test and then they test when i get to the hospital.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5,5 this morning.

I forgot my monitor at the office so not really a when waking up reading.

Definitely a fasting reading though as I have had nothing to it for 12 hours so as to give a blood sample for analysis.

I also did my usual 5km walk this morning before taking this reading so that may have affected the result.

Not too concerned about it though 5,5 is not bad at all, although I've bettered it recently.

More concerned about a1c and lipid counts I am waiting for and even these I just intend to use as benchmark for comparison purposes with the next ones, as I only really started looking after my diet about three weeks ago.

Still feels like I am waiting for my a level results all over again though.

Pavlos

Reactions: 5 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Spot on 5 this morning - I like that thank you! Don't like the feeling that my back isn't as happy as yesterday though, maybe it was a false sense of security yesterday! :mad:

alliebee

Trying everything..snack at bedtime a brazil nut at 6am. No snack. Dinner later. Dinner early. Lol...still a lot better than my fasting at 13 four weeks ago...I will get there! Determined face..

Reactions: 5 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Trying everything..snack at bedtime a brazil nut at 6am. No snack. Dinner later. Dinner early. Lol...still a lot better than my fasting at 13 four weeks ago...I will get there! Determined face..
.......I've read somewhere that Cinnamon supplements might be of help. I take mine with the last meal of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.