Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.1 for me this morning. I'm happy with that. Curiously, reading Silver Hammer's post, regarding strip variation, it made me realise that the couple of weeks of very low readings I had recently; I had a 7 day average at under 4 at one point, were probably due to a pot reading lower than my usual expectations. I felt absolutely fine with the lower numbers, but mentally I was beginning to wonder what was going on. I think I have my answer. I like answers.

Well, as the weather had turned more autumnal, I have committed to get my old life better, winter clothes ready to go onto eBay this weekend. I have my tailor's dummy (Gladys) out and ready for the photographs. I'll have to adjust Gladys' dials to make her slightly more bulky to model my old clothes. I shrunk her to reflect the new me when I brought her out recently. I can't actually believe, looking at her, how small my waist has become. I've never had a neat waist!! What I see when I look in the mirror and what Gladys tells me I must look like aren't quite in full alignment at the moment. It'll come, I'm sure, but it's been an interesting exercise. I now have much more sympathy for anyone seriously suffering from body dysmorphia. I'm positive I don't have it, but it is an odd feeling not to quite recognise oneself. (I doubt I'm completely alone in that situation.)

Have a good day everyone. It's the weeeeeeeeeeeeeeekend!! :):):):)

Reactions: 5 people

hanham97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes
5.7 this morning,fasting.Porrige tried again and went to 6.9 !

Reactions: 4 people

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning.... Would be nice to be a tad lower, but not going to complain as its a far cry from the 13.8 that alarmed my Dr back in early June. Speaking of which, have to let her know at my November appointment that I dropped meds in early September.

Edit: 5.2 after dinner. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lowest reading ever for fasting this morning 6.2. My readings have been steadily coming down since I was diagnosed a month ago. I am LCHF and have lost 22kg.....am very fat. My daytime and pre dinner readings are in the 5's and maximum 2hrs post this week was 5.6. I am happy and starting to feel fantastic.

Reactions: 7 people

Nyxks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Discrimination based on gender, age, medical conditions, etc.
waking 2.9
post breakfast 5.1
pre lunch 6.1
post lunch 5
pre dinner 5.1
post dinner 6

Reactions: 2 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A nice round 5,0 for me this morning.

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1413086037.748014.jpg

Spent the day on the top of Troodos mountains yesterday and had a great time walking round the forest and enjoying the views from an altitude of 1.550 meters

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1413086117.040095.jpg

Best of all we had lovely sunshine all day while down below, Nicosia was hit by a thunderstorm.

Have a great Sunday everyone

Pavlos

Reactions: 8 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Y
Lowest reading ever for fasting this morning 6.2. My readings have been steadily coming down since I was diagnosed a month ago. I am LCHF and have lost 22kg.....am very fat. My daytime and pre dinner readings are in the 5's and maximum 2hrs post this week was 5.6. I am happy and starting to feel fantastic.

You Should be VERY happy with that :)

Reactions: 6 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What is going on??. 6.2 this morning. This is certainly not a Good Morning.
Pleasant morning everyone :)

Reactions: 2 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Spot on 5 for me today, went to bed on 4.6 - never went beyond 5.8 yesterday and also my lowest pre-prandial of 4.1at dinner two hours after still 4.1 ! Would do a happy dance but my back won't allow it again today!! Gently off to work I go instead :banghead:

Reactions: 8 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.3, away from home, too much work, and had a few chips and a spoonful of mushy peas last night!

Reactions: 4 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
7.4 but was 13.8 last eve the suger free toffee obviously :(

alliebee

Wow Patsy. Was it the toffee? I can have the odd sugar free sweet and it doesn't raise my bg at all. Weird how we are all different

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
meat selfish people slugs and snails
8.7 going back up??

Status
Not open for further replies.