zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As I say on my profile page...

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

I would like to know what Paul did wrong so I don't do it myself.

Reactions: 2 people

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Well, his history is there for all to see. Can anyone provide an "unsavoury or poisonous" comment from Paul ? Good luck :)

Reactions: 3 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, his history is there for all to see. Can anyone provide an "unsavoury or poisonous" comment from Paul ? Good luck :)

Not unless you count being an ardent supporter of LCHF, some might view that as being unsavoury or poisonous, others would view it as good and life enhancing.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Exactly my point. I'm not suggesting anyone should never receive a lifetime ban but that is a serious thing in my opinion. I'm aware that Paul occasionally ruffled feathers but he was never "poisonous or unsavoury". He was passionate about low carb and helping others. My main point though is this happened whilst you were all discussing openness, fairness and accountability which is a bit strange. Also, if Paul really deserved this ( which I doubt very much ), whoever gave the ban should at least have had the courage to fully explain why instead of hiding behind automatic messaging. This is a low point for DCUK in my opinion.
Quite and I was so naïve as to think the thread was good and constructive and that we would all get on better now. This is very upsetting that a well respected member can be treated in such a way

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, whilst all this lovely "banter" has been going on regarding openness and fairness on this great forum a good guy Paul1976 received a lifetime ban with no explanation. Just an anonymous message telling him he was "Unsavioury and poisonous" ! Such a shame and needless. Paul offered great advice and never warranted this. Take care guys, I'm back off to hibernate again :)
But I am sure I have seen Paul around recently, or is tobacco withdrawal causing hallucinations?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But I am sure I have seen Paul around recently, or is tobacco withdrawal causing hallucinations?
He was booted out yesterday Totto.

(Well done so far with the ciggies)
x

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Guys, guys, can I please ask everyone to consider our actions here. Obviously, we are discussing a third party situation here (as he's banned, I doubt he can participate), and that's not helpful in itself, but probably understandable. For the record, I agree that if what is being said here is correct, it's at best unhelpful from Admin/Mods.

But, come on now. We're in danger of this thread veering off into areas that endanger the thread itself. Deleting this thread would not be helpful.

This thread's existence appears to have created some form of dialogue the Mods/Admin, and it felt very positive. We have logged issues, and have commitments from the Mods/Admin to make changes/improvements. Losing the thread loses our audit trail and adult, civil conversation, not to mention any goodwill.

Feel free to continue discussing Paul, if you feel that's the right thing to do, but please create a new thread for that purpose. Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
He was booted out yesterday Totto.

(Well done so far with the ciggies)
x
But why?

I will rapidly loose interest in this forum if sensible, helpful and nice people like Paul 1976 are banned.

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's why I've got my coat. I'm gagging myself for the rest of the day.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@AndBreathe I hear what you say. I have deleted my comment. So if you want you can delete your reply to it:)

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)

Perhaps he should not have used the new forum he posts on to continually attack this forum its owners, mods and members. A fact that I am sure you are aware of Mo.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK could we all do as the OP asks and make a new thread to discuss Paul. It's her thread and she doesn't want us disrupting it, I think we need to respect that now she has spoken on the matter.

@AndBreathe I am sorry for my part in disrupting your brilliant thread.:sorry:

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Guys, guys, can I please ask everyone to consider our actions here. Obviously, we are discussing a third party situation here (as he's banned, I doubt he can participate), and that's not helpful in itself, but probably understandable. For the record, I agree that if what is being said here is correct, it's at best unhelpful from Admin/Mods.

But, come on now. We're in danger of this thread veering off into areas that endanger the thread itself. Deleting this thread would not be helpful.

This thread's existence appears to have created some form of dialogue the Mods/Admin, and it felt very positive. We have logged issues, and have commitments from the Mods/Admin to make changes/improvements. Losing the thread loses our audit trail and adult, civil conversation, not to mention any goodwill.

Feel free to continue discussing Paul, if you feel that's the right thing to do, but please create a new thread for that purpose. Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.
I also do not wish to spoil your thread but can't you see this has everything to do with your thread ? Openness, honesty, accountability etc ?

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Perhaps he should not have used the new forum he posts on to continually attack this forum its owners, mods and members. A fact that I am sure you are aware of Mo.
He was banned from this forum and I would assume that was for behaviour on this forum or do DCUK now judge what forum members do in their private life and elsewhere Sidney ?

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
And breath, dont you see that what has happened here makes everything said by the admin a nonsense? i was actually very happy with what this thread had achieved! maybe i was wrong about the admin of this site, maybe they werent dictating whos views were allowed, maybe they did care about the members and was open to new ideas, perhaps they did not support certain members and have it in for others who werent sending out their approved message?... well Pauls treatment proves my fears all true, it comes as no surprise that members of the cliche are defending this attrocious behaviour, Sid, you are suggesting his banning is due to what he has said on the low carb forum? is it against DCUK rules to post something they dont like on a different website? lol does their power rein over the rest of our lives? not just constraining what we say on this website? although i detest "im leaving"
posts....im leaving! with great sadness, thankyou everyone for your support and friendship, i simply cannot support this underhanded tirany by means of my presence, Paul has been an excellent friend and a massive help to me and countless others over the years, he was a voice of reason achieving amazing control and using minimal medication as a type one low carber, this is a disgrace, the end.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
He was banned from this forum and I would assume that was for behaviour on this forum or do DCUK now judge what forum members do in their private life and elsewhere Sidney ?

If you feel so strongly about it then why oh why do you and others continue to post here and disrupt this forum?

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Precisely.

Also, I'm assuming many of you missed the moderator discretion clause in the rules & ethos thread.

ANYWAY, let's get this thread back on track... I was starting to feel like we were really making some progress. Quick update: I've added a whole host of new features on the DCUK test forum, and they look to be working great. There may be an update sooner than I thought :D

In the mean time, if people have any suggestions for features I can add in, do let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.