My chemist is USELESS!!!

type1harley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who say things like "You're Diabetic? Did you eat too much sugar?"
So, my local surgery has a chemist next door and also a hole in the wall to connect them.
Now all of a sudden, our chemist and surgery stop using the hole in the wall and now you have to do everything yourself.
And now my chemist is now only giving me 1 box of strips instead of 2! I need to test my blood sugar up to 7 times a day on a schoolday.
AND now my chemist never has my meds when I put in a prescription!

oh to be a diabetic teenager...

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So, my local surgery has a chemist next door and also a hole in the wall to connect them.
Now all of a sudden, our chemist and surgery stop using the hole in the wall and now you have to do everything yourself.
And now my chemist is now only giving me 1 box of strips instead of 2! I need to test my blood sugar up to 7 times a day on a schoolday.
AND now my chemist never has my meds when I put in a prescription!

oh to be a diabetic teenager...
You don't have to use that pharmacy. Could find a more helpful one.
Get your parents to make a big fuss at the surgery. You have a right to receive the test strips you need.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
One box of strips would only be enough for a week, ask your parents to ring the gp surgery up and ask why they have reduced your test strips and ask for them to be increased again (you should get at least 200),if they don't have any luck then they should ring your diabetes clinic up and speak with your DSN or Consultant, they will contact your gp surgery and get them to increase your test strip supplies.

Reactions: 2 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. It's not the chemist who decides what's on your prescription but your surgery so you need to discuss the problem with them. You have a very good HBa1C probably due to very good control by you but I wonder whether you might be able to back off the number of tests per day just a bit without risking a hypo?

Reactions: 4 people

AlexMBrennan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wonder whether you might be able to back off the number of tests per day just a bit without risking a hypo?
Yeah,and maybe also try if you could keep the same hba1c with less insulin? Obviously good hba1c means that you don't really need the meds.

[That was sarcasm btw]

type1harley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sorry for late reply, but my appointment was yesterday and now my nurse is asking for them to give me more strips.

type1harley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sorry for late reply, but my appointment was yesterday and now my nurse is asking for them to give me more strips.
Now I get 200 per month! Best turnout I could hope for!

Reactions: 5 people