Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
Yay! That's brilliant I do find a high fat snack works best for me too. Try a small cup of warm almond milk, with teaspoon of cocoa powder or small piece of 85% dark choc mixed in. I then add some coconut oil and sweetener if needed. Whiz up with my mini whisk - lurvly! This is my fave I think.

Reactions: 2 people

alliebee

Ooh that sounds nice I will try that. Think I've got my carbs just right at 35 g a day although I can tolerate a few extras without spiking. I'm still in ketosis nearly 7 weeks now and have downsized my protein a bit. Its the fats I have to get round a bit. I've just bought coconut oil too I've lost 1 stone 3 lbs already. Just a stone to go now. All in all life feels good

Reactions: 7 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
11.3 a bit higher then yesterday morning

There will be some ups and downs Ally, but keep doing what you're doing and the overall trend will be downwards.

Reactions: 5 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. Maybe being woken at 3 am by the sound of a pile of DVDs falling out of bookcase is what is needed every night.

Reactions: 7 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 at bedtime (totally 100% self inflicted)
5.9 this morning. (at least there was no overnight rise this time, considering where I started this was a relief!)

Reactions: 4 people

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
meat selfish people slugs and snails
9.5 this am so it is the sleepers keeping it low once a week. Saw Dr yesterday who was more than happy to supply GS and was thrilled with my low carbing. then saw DN who said she would see me in 4 months but only as they want to try and remove one of my drugs (Ramipril) other than that she would have been happy with a year Wieght 90.6 lost just under a stone in 3 months. HbA1c 53mmol /7% and chorlesterol 3. slightly up from 2.8 First time I have been called a star patient one happy bunny

Reactions: 9 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning, I came in at 4.3. That’s upper range for me, but I have to be happy enough as I was still running a bit higher yesterday, after the events of Monday.

A fuller understanding of our sustained damage is becoming clearer and there’s the usual mix of better and worse news. It seems the property is unscathed, but our outside spaces and toys have paid quite a high price – including 2 concrete piles; one supporting our finger jetty, and one of the legs of the boat lift; have moved. Trust me these piles are 18” diagonal, square construction mahoosive chunks of concrete. We’re not alone with this issue, but it certainly demonstrates the strength of the water/wind/natural forces at play on the day. Mother Nature can be a cruel mistress, and I think we sometimes get a bit complacent about these things. The big boat appears definitely reparable, which is a massive relief. I would have been heartbroken if that news were different. That said, we haven’t had the surveyor out onto her yet, but so far, it looks a fair conclusion. So far, it looks like some fibreglass work, with all the paint finishing that goes with it, some stainless steel work, including a specially fabricated piece of stainless that we had made in UK and shipped. Our requirements couldn't be met in Paradise, so replacing that won’t be cheap. Then onto smaller things like the wind generator bearings sounding like a steam engine! Now normally, it’d be my job to go up the mast for that, but it looks like a get a free pass this time around, as it’ll have to come down, today or tomorrow to stop the noise, or the neighbours will, quite rightly, complain.

So, here we go off into Project Mode. My OH literally has new files set up in Project to start working it through. The Gants are growing already. Our joint record keeping and attention to detail preferences tend to work for us in cases like this.

Oh well playmates. I won’t mention this lot again, as it’s going to be several months in the resolution; partly because nothing happens fast in the Tropics and OH’s time back in the UK coming up shortly.

Have a great day everyone. Life could be so, so much worse.

Reactions: 3 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 at bedtime (totally 100% self inflicted)
5.9 this morning. (at least there was no overnight rise this time, considering where I started this was a relief!)

Did you knowingly stray from the well-worn path last night, or was it a surprise?

I wouldn't beat myself up either way. You usually seem to be very much on-track.

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.1 after extremely restless night, bed for midnight, up 3-5 **** those foxes lol

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you knowingly stray from the well-worn path last night, or was it a surprise?

I wouldn't beat myself up either way. You usually seem to be very much on-track.

I knowingly strayed, so no surprise. I had far too many carbs at evening meal, and naughty ones at that. I didn't go drastically high. My 2 hour spike was 1.7 but I just stayed up there all evening! I was celebrating a good oncology review. I won't do it again for a while.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh well playmates. I won’t mention this lot again, as it’s going to be several months in the resolution; partly because nothing happens fast in the Tropics and OH’s time back in the UK coming up shortly.

Have a great day everyone. Life could be so, so much worse.

I hope you get all this resolved before too long. It puts our wind damaged fence in to perspective! Good luck with it all, I can understand how distressing it must be for you being so far away.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I knowingly strayed, so no surprise. I had far too many carbs at evening meal, and naughty ones at that. I didn't go drastically high. My 2 hour spike was 1.7 but I just stayed up there all evening! I was celebrating a good oncology review. I won't do it again for a while.

Don't beat yourself up. Ignoring the carb delaying your score lowering again (and I think "spike is relative here. Non?), I bet the nervous tension of the day used up any additional calories you consumed.

There's always a silver lining, if we look hard enough. ;)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope you get all this resolved before too long. It puts our wind damaged fence in to perspective! Good luck with it all, I can understand how distressing it must be for you being so far away.

Thanks for that. It won't be quick, but the experience of 2010 will stand us in good stead. It is frustrating not being there, but this (and worse) was always a possibility, so no point getting over-wrought over it.

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty to animals.Bullies,Soaps.
5.6 this am,fasting.After porridge it rose to 9.5

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this am,fasting.After porridge it rose to 9.5

Does it always spike so much after porridge? That is a big spike. Perhaps you should consider avoiding it? If you make it with milk, that won't be helping.

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Does it always spike so much after porridge? That is a big spike. Perhaps you should consider avoiding it? If you make it with milk, that won't be helping.
Might try a smaller amount,though in truth I only use a small amount now.
Forgot to add,Ialso need to pass water 6/7 times within 2 or 3 hours after 5am.This is before breaking fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Might try a smaller amount,though in truth I only use a small amount now.
Forgot to add,Ialso need to pass water 6/7 times within 2 or 3 hours after 5am.This is before breaking fast.

If I were you I would stop eating porridge and change to something else, maybe plain yogurt and a few berries or scrambled eggs, or bacon and eggs, or eggs any which way.

Reactions: 5 people

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
If I were you I would stop eating porridge and change to something else, maybe plain yogurt and a few berries or scrambled eggs, or bacon and eggs, or eggs any which way.
Porridge will be Sunday treat from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.