Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
4.5 this morning, had a few of these lately, trying to keep it up!
Blood test tomorrow for annual review :eek: Have been told I need to fast for the cholesterol reading - is this correct?

Reactions: 4 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you everyone. I posted in the hope that the numbers would make more sense to you than to me! Thank you for the reassurance, @Bluetit1802

Thank you for the kind welcome back too. I never really left but wifi at our cottage in the country was pants!

Yes, @AndBreathe, I'm totally in love with my baby granddaughter and am missing her very much, having spent every day of the first 2 weeks of her life with her It wasn't easy saying goodbye. How can you not love a bundle like this?
Baby Blae.jpg

Reactions: 7 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:happy:

Have you cried with her yet? When my niece was born, my Mum used to cry every time she did.

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
aww, sweet, what's her name?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 this morning, had a few of these lately, trying to keep it up!
Blood test tomorrow for annual review :eek: Have been told I need to fast for the cholesterol reading - is this correct?

Good luck tomorrow, and yes, you do need to fast for a cholesterol test.
Perhaps as you have to fast until your appointment time you could do an experiment. Do your normal test on waking, then do another before you next eat, just to see if you get a liver dump.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1413350066.685360.jpg

I have been lusting after this satsuma ever since it arrived home from our orchard in the village, a couple of days ago.

As I woke up today to find myself at 4,4 mmol, I decided that this was my chance to pounce.

After a 6km, one hour walk, not to mention one deliciously juicy satsuma mandarin, I just measured myself at 4,8 mmol

Feeling happy!

Now on to breakfast of some greek yoghurt, raspberries blueberries and seeds.

Pavlos

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 this morning . I gave in and also ate a mandarins that had been in our fruit bowl winking at me yesterday !

Reactions: 6 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 this morning . I gave in and also ate a mandarins that had been in our fruit bowl winking at me yesterday !
Some things are worth giving in to :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sallybear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.1 Lowest for such a long time!! In fact perhaps lowest morning reading since I was diagnosed!!!

Thank you Lantus

Reactions: 7 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
5.3, pleasant surprise after the last few days, maybe a roguish number but I'll take it anyway! I was 6.2 before dinner (long and tiring day) but 5.7 at +2 (Greek salad and baked cod with green beans and a glass of Malbec). Could be the 6.2 was the outlier!

Reactions: 3 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good luck tomorrow, and yes, you do need to fast for a cholesterol test.
Perhaps as you have to fast until your appointment time you could do an experiment. Do your normal test on waking, then do another before you next eat, just to see if you get a liver dump.
Thanks Bluetit, blood test all done-had a bedtime snack but made sure I fasted after that. I also did the liver dump experiment. Was a little higher at 5.1 this morning (but I did forget to do it straight away as needed to drink loads of water and forgot. Got a bit carried away and checked again an hour later - 4.9. Then checked on return from blood test - 5.2! I am ever so chuffed with this,as it appears not much of a liver dump I just hope it continues, as I was having a really hard time with the pesky liver dump in the summer. Just to add, I did walk to the docs, it's 5 minutes. Had my creamy decaf with coconut oil on return and slice of hi lo toast with peanut butter promptly after that - was very hungry!
Thankfully, the blood test was fine. I saw an older more experienced nurse who never fails to get the vein (must make sure I see her always). She says I've got good veins and couldn't understand why others had a problem! So all fine but ****, it was uncomfortable!
Today is going to be a good day though.........

Reactions: 5 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well a much better 8 this morning
Well done! Hope you get another better one tomorrow x
Did you have a bedtime snack Allie?

Status
Not open for further replies.