Shoes/feet!

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Look terrible, but having resisted them for years I am amaxed at how comfortable and supportive crocs are. A friend (another keen hillwalker) recommended I try them, he has done some of the non mountain long distance footpaths while wearing them with no problems whatsoever.

janyem09

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Can you try flat shoes or sandals. I hope you feel more comfortable...

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have a look in marks n sparks some are quite nice, also try Evans as they do wide fitting shoes as well and aren't frumpy. Some of the Clark's softsole shoes are nice and feel padded, not cheap about £40 but I got leopard print ones last year and they're seeing in year 2. Crocs do a black flat ballet pump style shoe my daughter bought a pair but is wearing them in slowly. Those skechers walkers with memory foam look comfy I want a pair. Happy shopping :)

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Have a look in marks n sparks some are quite nice, also try Evans as they do wide fitting shoes as well and aren't frumpy. Some of the Clark's softsole shoes are nice and feel padded, not cheap about £40 but I got leopard print ones last year and they're seeing in year 2. Crocs do a black flat ballet pump style shoe my daughter bought a pair but is wearing them in slowly. Those skechers walkers with memory foam look comfy I want a pair. Happy shopping :)

I love my skechers.. As do my friends
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1413811356.755441.jpg

Yes, I'm over 50.. Mine are the middle legs!! But all of us from 30-60 now have skechers. Some lovely good looking ones for young feet.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hotters and clarks soft steps were shoes for me in the past .
Now I need and use handmade orthotic shoes .
These are made with the softest kidd leather , velcro bar
for ease of put on/take off easily .
Feather light in weight and designed as cool and trendy like too :cool::D
I have everyday shoes , gym shoes , plus some slippers now .

When have your diabetic foot screen done NicolaAnne .
You could mention of your foot pain and suitable shoe source difficulties .

They may see or feel if you could possibly need orthotic shoes ?
These are handmade to your own feet castings via the hospital.
Risk assessed of certain foot/feet issues - you can be referred for orthotic footwear .

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
I basically now only wear Skechers shoes. They are a little on the expensive side but are soooo comfortable. I have both the Skechers Shape-ups and Go Walk, fantastic. My sister who suffers with Plantar Fascitis wears the Go Walk as they are the only comfortable shoes for her and another sister wears the Skechers Memory foam ones but I haven't tried them yet.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I basically now only wear Skechers shoes. They are a little on the expensive side but are soooo comfortable. I have both the Skechers Shape-ups and Go Walk, fantastic. My sister who suffers with Plantar Fascitis wears the Go Walk as they are the only comfortable shoes for her and another sister wears the Skechers Memory foam ones but I haven't tried them yet.

They are like slippers...I took photo in a chinese takeaway (after a few sips of wine) to send to Skechers.. Haven't had enough sips of wine since to contact them!!

They are soooo comfy!

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello.
I'm size 8 too, 29 years old so not sure if that classifies me as young or old?
I went to Clarkes Sunday and bought a comfy, rather frumpy pair of black work shoes.
I thought "hey, I'd rather be frumpy at work now and still have feet when I'm older"....
Clarkes do do some nice shoes, and sketchers are cool shows.