1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Shoes/feet!

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by ohitsnicola, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Thommothebear

Thommothebear Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Look terrible, but having resisted them for years I am amaxed at how comfortable and supportive crocs are. A friend (another keen hillwalker) recommended I try them, he has done some of the non mountain long distance footpaths while wearing them with no problems whatsoever.

2. janyem09

janyem09 Type 1 · Newbie

Can you try flat shoes or sandals. I hope you feel more comfortable...

3. Bev18

Bev18 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Have a look in marks n sparks some are quite nice, also try Evans as they do wide fitting shoes as well and aren't frumpy. Some of the Clark's softsole shoes are nice and feel padded, not cheap about £40 but I got leopard print ones last year and they're seeing in year 2. Crocs do a black flat ballet pump style shoe my daughter bought a pair but is wearing them in slowly. Those skechers walkers with memory foam look comfy I want a pair. Happy shopping :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs Type 1 · Master

I love my skechers.. As do my friends ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1413811356.755441.jpg

Yes, I'm over 50.. Mine are the middle legs!! But all of us from 30-60 now have skechers. Some lovely good looking ones for young feet.

5. anna29

anna29 Type 2 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Hotters and clarks soft steps were shoes for me in the past .
    Now I need and use handmade orthotic shoes .
    These are made with the softest kidd leather , velcro bar
    for ease of put on/take off easily .
    Feather light in weight and designed as cool and trendy like too :cool::D
    I have everyday shoes , gym shoes , plus some slippers now .

When have your diabetic foot screen done NicolaAnne .
    You could mention of your foot pain and suitable shoe source difficulties .

They may see or feel if you could possibly need orthotic shoes ?
    These are handmade to your own feet castings via the hospital.
    Risk assessed of certain foot/feet issues - you can be referred for orthotic footwear .

6. diadeb

diadeb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I basically now only wear Skechers shoes. They are a little on the expensive side but are soooo comfortable. I have both the Skechers Shape-ups and Go Walk, fantastic. My sister who suffers with Plantar Fascitis wears the Go Walk as they are the only comfortable shoes for her and another sister wears the Skechers Memory foam ones but I haven't tried them yet.

• Like Like x 2
  7. donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs Type 1 · Master

They are like slippers...I took photo in a chinese takeaway (after a few sips of wine) to send to Skechers.. Haven't had enough sips of wine since to contact them!!

They are soooo comfy!

8. Emmotha

Emmotha Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello.
    I'm size 8 too, 29 years old so not sure if that classifies me as young or old?
    I went to Clarkes Sunday and bought a comfy, rather frumpy pair of black work shoes.
    I thought "hey, I'd rather be frumpy at work now and still have feet when I'm older"....
    Clarkes do do some nice shoes, and sketchers are cool shows.

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook