FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

JANROU

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good luck everyone, will be watching for updates. Busy saving may have to wait till after Christmas before I order.

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
Just checked DPD:
Parcel Status - Your order will be delivered today by Tim, your DPD driver, between 12:01 and 13:01
Should be back from the hospital before then :)

raregerry

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

had no emails but thankfully had text on the way to work this morning saying your dpd delivery will be here between 10.13-11.13 i am having delivery to my work address so could not be happier, thou now a bit nervous about using this new device in a good way.

Reactions: 2 people

jodysd6

I had no email but got 'the text' this morning! It's coming between 12.59 and 13.59, I'm at work but someone will be home and debating going home in my lunch break but that might be being too eager! Do you think it matters when you insert the sensor and have the 1 hour warm up, as I will want to do it when I get home but will be eating then so will have changing bg's and don't know if it's better to do it a bit more inbetween meals or maybe it doesn't matter and I'm over thinking it!

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Got a little frustrated when I read that your devices were being despatched from France by Chronopost and they still haven't emailed me that it was available. They still haven't emailed me but today the shop was working.
It came to 185.85€ including postage and TVA which works out at £147.
( TVA (VAT) on the device and postage combined worked out at 6%; so charged at the lowest rate but you can't get away from that here
Now to sit back and wait.

Reactions: 4 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Could we not use a big plaster over it?

I think I might find the feeling of the patch annoying at first but I'm sure we'll get used to it
different name, same mother

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people

iHs

I llok forward to reading updates next week on the Libre and just how long the sensor actually sticks on the skin for. Upto 14 days can mean anything really.....for some it might for 10 days and others 12. The rep that I spoke to at an event just used the words .....Upto. I asked about tape and again no comment

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just checked DPD:
Parcel Status - Your order will be delivered today by Tim, your DPD driver, between 12:01 and 13:01
Should be back from the hospital before then :)

Shaun - 14:03 and 15:03! I hope Shaun drives carefully!

You'll all have your's before me, so please post how easy or otherwise it was to attach the sensor and any tips - I'm a bit worried about that bit. I've got so much to do at work today and I'm distracted like a kid on Christmas Eve LOL!

Smidge

Cherry-Pie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Whoop Whoop! Mine is here, have put the sensor on, was totally painless, just like stamping your arm with a stamp for me! Just waiting for it to calibrate! 44 mins until I can test! So exciting........ Good luck Guys, hope everyone's turns up soon! :)

Reactions: 13 people

raregerry

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
NO!!!! dpd driver claims to have tried to deliver but no one to sign for the parcel.
Do not know where he went not to right address thou as i work for a big international company with a fully staffed reception where we have all delivery's all day ! when i spoke to dpd they mention it went to black door not here then as our reception is all glass.
supposed:banghead: to be coming back at some point today.!!! confirmed they had correct address!!

Reactions: 2 people

Minnie45

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Mine arrived this morning, so excited - will wait until I get home from work to get it set up. Hope it works for us all and we're not disappointed.

Cherry-Pie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just scanned for the first time!! Libre said 3.5 and meter said 5.4 - I was hypo about ten mins before and I read somewhere that the Libre would be about ten mins behind what a meter would say so am thinking that is what the difference is. Finding it really easy to use, so far I am really pleased - hope its lives up to everyone's expectations!! :)

Reactions: 7 people

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You know, it's just occurred to me this could be the most amazing sci-fi horror story -à la Day of the Triffids .. Bright, motivated substance-dependents volunteer themselves for sci-fi 'cure' that turns them into aliens and successfully founds colony on Earth .. Remember Doctor Who and Adipose Industries? The one where Donna hooks back up with the Doctor.

Just saying ;-)

Lucy

Reactions: 6 people