FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

raregerry

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Smidge
spoken to 3 manager now they have wasted all all afternoon telling what they can't do when i told from the start all they to do was get a sensor put a label on it and book it with a 24 hour courier for delivery tomorrow morning simples!!! i can order washing upto 08.00 tonight from ao website and have delivered tomorrow but cannot get a 500grams parcel delivered!! they still want to send the sensor back at my cost then they refund me looks as i have bank roll an international drugs company, as much as i loving the product i cannot support such poor service!! My blood levels are rising though the stress at least i can see that at the moment but in 10 days when my current sensor runs out in the middle of my holiday i'll will not be able to!! I have told them they have 2 people lying to me or 2 incompetent staff members as i was told on Monday and confirmed yesterday that the sensor was on it way and would arrive in time for my holiday only to find today that it not even been ordered.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Can someone who is 'best friends' with Abbott ask them if the software will record blood tests from the reader being used as a meter only.
(I don't want to attempt it in French)
Like many, I won't be able to afford to fund this for continual use but I would certainly ask to have my strips changed to optimum strips to use between sensors and it would be good to keep all the info on the same software..
I am getting more and more delighted with it. I've only done one blood test today and that was within 10mg/dl so fine. In two days I' realised that I hada short sharp spike after breakfast, this morning I diminished it by taking bolus ing twenty minutes before eating

Minnie45

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
WEll said Smidge.I also think so many people have not watched the videos from Abbott symposium where they explain all this and discuss the trials and certain patient profiles.
I have joined the FB groups too but I am already thinking of leaving them because people just think this is a replacement glucose meter and my timeline is just being filled with comparison tests and images of sensors being taped down...etc etc.

I'm the same, it's driving me insane - I've had to take a step back.

What I find concerning is the amount of parents who have brought the libre when it clearly hasn't been licensed for under 18's, although hopefully that's only a matter of time. They're placing too much empathisis on it as a total accurate BG replacement.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can someone who is 'best friends' with Abbott ask them if the software will record blood tests from the reader being used as a meter only.
(I don't want to attempt it in French)
Like many, I won't be able to afford to fund this for continual use but I would certainly ask to have my strips changed to optimum strips to use between sensors and it would be good to keep all the info on the same software..
I am getting more and more delighted with it. I've only done one blood test today and that was within 10mg/dl so fine. In two days I' realised that I hada short sharp spike after breakfast, this morning I diminished it by taking bolus ing twenty minutes before eating

Yes it does. I have 150 Optium strips so used a couple to see. I downloaded and exported the data today :)

Reactions: 2 people

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is how my sensor has been performing over the last 5 days.
Note that it was reading aprox 2.2 mmol lower than a BG test when started - it's now reading aprox 1.1 mmol lower.

Two1MRv.jpg

I've been able to use the data to adjust the timing of my boluses and am particularly happy with the last couple of days as the peaks after eating have levelled off substantially.
Hello,
I'm really pleased u r having more luck with this sensor :)
Mine's behaving pretty well now too, I'm very happy

raregerry

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
request please could some weigh and measure a unopened sensor box for me. looks as thou i am going to have of my friends ship out a sensor to me in the far east thanks.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
request please could some weigh and measure a unopened sensor box for me. looks as thou i am going to have of my friends ship out a sensor to me in the far east thanks.

12cm x 6cm x 9cm. 98g. Don't know how accurate my scales are though!

Smidge

raregerry

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
great thanks for you very quick and helpful responses have a virtual pat on the back!:)

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
image.jpg
Hi all.
I'm worried about my night time readings. I went to bed with BG 5.5 (at 9pm just before I went to sleep) and woke up at 4.6 (by finger prick so the Libre is quite accurate at the mo). I took my last bolus at 5pm which was 0.5 units because I only had 17 carbs, so that would have gone by 9. At about 1am I woke up hypo and drank some lucazade.
Should I be reducing my Lantas at night? If so by how much? I only take ten units (I'm still in my honeymoon)
Thanks

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
View attachment 7822 Hi all.
I'm worried about my night time readings. I went to bed with BG 5.5 (at 9pm just before I went to sleep) and woke up at 4.6 (by finger prick so the Libre is quite accurate at the mo). I took my last bolus at 5pm which was 0.5 units because I only had 17 carbs, so that would have gone by 9. At about 1am I woke up hypo and drank some lucazade.
Should I be reducing my Lantas at night? If so by how much? I only take ten units (I'm still in my honeymoon)
Thanks

Is a hypo overnight a regular thing or was this a 1 off? If you regularly drop overnight I would reduce the lantus by 10%, so in your case 1u.

And my basal is less than yours still so don't worry about being "only ten units" ;) for about 11 months I was on 3.5u Levemir a day lol

jackois

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I agree with Hale,if it's happening every night, bring your Lantus down by a unit and see how that works over a few days... I've done the same since getting the libre as, for the first time I could see just what was happening through the night.

My blood tests showed me going to bed with a level around 5 and waking around the same. The libre showed it dropping to 3.2 for a hour or so in the middle of the night & then coming back up in the early morning, I assume with a liver dump or dawn phenomenon.

iHs

A more sensible option is to go to bed with a higher bg like 7mmol. 5mmol is wsy too tight for comfort and its no wonder that the hypo occured when it did. A consultant or dsn would be concerned about low bg before going to bed leading to a hypo during the night

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A more sensible option is to go to bed with a higher bg like 7mmol. 5mmol is wsy too tight for comfort and its no wonder that the hypo occured when it did. A consultant or dsn would be concerned about low bg before going to bed leading to a hypo during the night

Agreed. I personally aim for 5.5 as an absolute minimum, preform 6. My DSN is happy with this for me as I'm on a pump and modify my basal appropriately, but on MDI I went to bed nearer 7. Especially in the honeymoon where you can't be sure if pancreas might kick in!

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have to agree as well.
7mmol or a little bit more would be safer. If you are less, then eat a small amount of carb before going to bed.
Looking at the graph It's clear that the Lucozade raised your BG quickly, however it also went back down fairly quickly. It would have been better to eat some longer acting carb with the lucozade.

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok cool thanks all. I'll try going to bed a bit higher tonight and see what happens.

Night time hypos do happen quite a bit, I went for the lucazade as had it beside my bed and didn't want to get out, probably a bit silly but i was so tired.

I keep waking up in the night when I'm low, so would be good to get rid of them as I'm really tired again today

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok cool thanks all. I'll try going to bed a bit higher tonight and see what happens.

Night time hypos do happen quite a bit, I went for the lucazade as had it beside my bed and didn't want to get out, probably a bit silly but i was so tired.

I keep waking up in the night when I'm low, so would be good to get rid of them as I'm really tired again today

If it does happen a lot of reduce your basal too

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh, I went swimming last night and my sensor is barely sticking at all today :( I think it could fall out