Plain popcorn

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: sliced cheese spread with taramasalata (which was awesome) and creamy coffee.
L: crustless quiche and pork scratchings
9bar
D: pulled pork

Still full! :happy:

Reactions: 5 people

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning! Happy Halloween!

Just got into work, enjoying a couple steamed eggs and 3 strips of bacon in the cafe. At my desk I have a full thermos of bulletproof coffee as a treat. Yum!

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As it happens I changed my mind re chicken soup
Made a hearty beef curry. A dansak with some lentils yes. But I'm trying to include some extras that will maintain my weight but not increase my bgs ..a mega array of spices onions leeks and beautiful tumeric too. I love hot and sour curries. So. Lime juice and tamarinf paste in there....may try a tiny portion of brown basmati rice....after 12:weeks in ketosis should be a good experiment as I lost yet another pound this week and I really don't want to lose much more.

If you like those sorts of flavours, I'd wager you'd like this one: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/beefrendang_78767

It's one of our staples. We don't usually do this particular rice with it, but the main deal is excellent, and so simple to make.

Reactions: 4 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK someone needs to open up a shop selling low carb food to go... these all sound yummy but I know if I attempted them, we'd all be in hospital after dinner lol

alliebee

I've just come home after visiting a newly dx friend t2 to give some support. What do you think she had waiting for me? A plate of cream cakes..:( I explained as nicely as I could all about my progress and testing and low carb. She took it all in then ate 2 cakes. I despair.... so sad. Only so much you can do

Reactions: 6 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some of my non diabetic ( or should I say as yet undiagnosed) friends find it hard to accept that I seem to like my eyes and toes more than I like bread and pasta. I only wish I'd had this discipline years ago but I think it's taken a diagnosis to really embrace what I'd known all along- carbs are not my friends.

alliebee

I know. Me too...I'm hoping the best advice today is to show her the forum. I came away feeling very sad. And a bit frustrated. She actually said. " oh a little bit of what you fancy can't hurt surely?". Still its a lot to take in when first diagnosed I guess.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I've just come home after visiting a newly dx friend t2 to give some support. What do you think she had waiting for me? A plate of cream cakes..:( I explained as nicely as I could all about my progress and testing and low carb. She took it all in then ate 2 cakes. I despair.... so sad. Only so much you can do

Cream Clair's aren't particularly bad.... Depending where you shop. Tesco's are only 17g and are ideal as a nice treat if you have a carb free salad for lunch and want to exchange your carbs for an eclair..

alliebee

Yes id heard that thankyou..these were cream donuts and vanilla slices and iced buns...strange but I'm starting to see sugar as poison or something.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think it helps that that is the message pushed by the NHS and the DESMOND courses. You can't imagine a drug or alcohol rehabilitation course telling you to have a little bit of your drug of choice with every meal but we are told that despite all evidence to the contrary, that our poorly bodies should be continually subjected to the very poison that they are least suited to handle. Looking back to my childhood, I was constantly at the drs with stomach pains and feeling generally rubbish and I lived on carbs. Diabetes for me has been the inevitable endgame of a failure to handle them over a lifetime not just the few years when I was like a pig at a trough with them.

alliebee

That's extremely true. My friend has been told to eat carbs at every meal for energy ( what utter rot ). Pasta bread jacket pots rice...the very things that got me in this mess. I despair I truly do

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's extremely true. My friend has been told to eat carbs at every meal for energy ( what utter rot ). Pasta bread jacket pots rice...the very things that got me in this mess. I despair I truly do
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

alliebee

Breakfast home made yoghurt. Mmm. Berries and chia seeds
L chicken and leek soup
D lamb steak and spinach and caulflower cheese browning and bubbling in the oven as we speak
Snack a handful of popcorn

mamamodge

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
B.3x bacon
L. As woke up hungry banana and cream .I hate night duty !!!!!
S cheese 50 grams and six strawberries .
Dinner I think I saidchicken and spinach did I say I hate night duty ...

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes id heard that thankyou..these were cream donuts and vanilla slices and iced buns...strange but I'm starting to see sugar as poison or something.

Do NOT mention vanilla slices in my company please!! They are the one and only thing I really crave, despite not having a sweet tooth. :(

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yuk. Not got a sweet tooth really but wouldn't say no to an eclair.

Breakfast bacon poached egg
lunch homemade tandoori chicken salad with bit of cheese
dinner sausage, mushrooms, bacon 4 potato wedges- not very healthy though the sausage is 97% meat and no fat comes out of it.
snack 1sq chocolate and a sample of cheddar with jalapenos from deli. Hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.