FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

jackois

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I suspect that the first 3 codes (I have them on mine as well) may just be quality control checks prior to packaging the reader...

Reactions: 2 people

igmr

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I was going to photo my error codes but 4 1/2 screens full is beyond my patience.

I shouldn't have looked, I also found the meter diagnostics and ran them. The touch insensitive screen isn't too good either, I thought the Neo screen was poor but at least that was free.

Lots to talk about to Abbott on Monday then. Do we form a queue?

Reactions: 4 people

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
mine ( a French one) has
09 08 2014 12 11 Er 02001
21 08 2014 08:01 49 01
21.08 2014 08:01 Er 02001
then nothing until I got it
the starting codes are like Tim's, 49 and 46
I've just used one sensor, it was fairly close to my meter readings after the first day and certainly was excellent at telling me the direction glucose was moving and how quickly. It started reading a bit higher than my 'real' readings on the last day.

kitty55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
Morning all!

I have a question re-my sensor readings - they're fine during the days and go inaccurate overnight for some reason. Now, I know it can happen if you're laying on it whilst sleeping (not sure how I can avoid it if that's what's causing the problem) or if you're dehydrated (but I don't really want to get up at night to drink).

I put my first sensor on Thursday night so just ignore the first 24hrs. As you can see in my attachment it got very accurate during Friday daytime already which I was very happy about.

These are the finger prick readings from my omnipod to compare starting on 15th at 7.40am:

7.40 7.1 / 8.40 6.8 / 10.12 8.4 / 11.00 7.6 / 13.38 7.9 / 14.36 6.6 / 16.51 7.1 / 17.40 9.9 / 18.35 9.3 / 19.23 9.0 / 20.46 5.2 / 21.55 5.0 / 22.34 5.1 / 23.11 4.5

16th
3.50 13.4 / 8.26 12.7 / 9.30 6.5

So, the latest was 4.3 on the libre and 4.7 on the omnipod which is obviously fine.

Has anyone any idea what to do about this? I initially ordered the libre to sort out my overnight levels but if I can't trust it overnight then I can obviously not make any basal adjustments based on its readings so I am really not sure.

Any help much appreciated!:)

Attachments

• libreBG.jpg
    libreBG.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 935

kitty55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
Apologies for the attachment - I assumed it would go into the post as a picture:( don't know how to change it...

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!

I have a question re-my sensor readings - they're fine during the days and go inaccurate overnight for some reason. Now, I know it can happen if you're laying on it whilst sleeping (not sure how I can avoid it if that's what's causing the problem) or if you're dehydrated (but I don't really want to get up at night to drink).

I put my first sensor on Thursday night so just ignore the first 24hrs. As you can see in my attachment it got very accurate during Friday daytime already which I was very happy about.

These are the finger prick readings from my omnipod to compare starting on 15th at 7.40am:

7.40 7.1 / 8.40 6.8 / 10.12 8.4 / 11.00 7.6 / 13.38 7.9 / 14.36 6.6 / 16.51 7.1 / 17.40 9.9 / 18.35 9.3 / 19.23 9.0 / 20.46 5.2 / 21.55 5.0 / 22.34 5.1 / 23.11 4.5

16th

So, the latest was 4.3 on the libre and 4.7 on the omnipod which is obviously fine.

Has anyone any idea what to do about this? I initially ordered the libre to sort out my overnight levels but if I can't trust it overnight then I can obviously not make any basal adjustments based on its readings so I am really not sure.

My first sensor was more to the side of my arm and would show my BGs dropping low during the night - showed 2.2 even when a blood test showed 5.1 but it was very accurate during the day. It was attached between the side and back of my arm and I felt that it was reading lo during the night because I was lying on it.

sensor 1.png

My second sensor is on the back of my arm and my readouts don't seem to drop during the night. I also wear a bit of tubigrip over it during the night - a fashion tip i picked up from @donnellysdogs ;)

So I wonder if it's to do with where on your arm the sensor is positioned.
sensor 2.png

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Smidge, I have those same error messages on the same dates as you (but different times)

And so do I: three from 11 and two from 20 August.

Odder still, some of my numerous error messages are at night, when I'm asleep; and I've had 18 of them in the last five days ... oh dear

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
Morning all!

16th

I wish my scans were tracking my BG readings as well as yours are. From the limited data it looks as though the higher your BG reading the greater the difference between it and a scan reading - however your are getting invaluable trend data even if the higher readings are not accurate.
Over the next few days you may see a pattern and be able to work out a correction factor to use for the higher readings without having to double check the reading with a finger prick.

UbKw3Bb.jpg

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The event and error messages are interesting. I've had two Er9 972s in the middle of the night on two occasions.

I know that Er3 373 means that the sensor couldn't be read - this is the code I got when I tried to scan the sensor that had been removed by a door frame. I'm also pretty sure that Er3 363 means a blood test failed I.e. you didn't put enough blood on the stick. Apart from that I don't have a clue, but there are numerous different ones recorded.

I've dropped Abbotts an email asking them to send me a list of them.

Smidge

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
image.jpg

(For the girls, sorry chaps)
I found this purse in Accessorize today! It's a perfect fit and only £5! U can just about squeeze the lancing thing (Countour Next one) in there too at a push if u wanted. You could easily clip this onto a lanyard too for work.
Sorry boys they only had it in this colour.

:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people