Back to MDI - Cellnovo wasn't working

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As of this evening, I'm back to stabbing myself 5 times a day.

The Cellnovo pump just wasn't working and of around ten or so that started at the same time as me, only two are sticking with it according to the DSN I spoke with earlier today. Addenbrookes are also going to stop offering it until the problems are ironed out. Just too many problems too often and I've lost confidence in it.

It's a shame really as the concept is pretty good, just didn't quite live up to it in practice.

Won't be on MDI for long though, startin on the Roche Insight on the 15th Dec, just in time for christmas. I can happily sit on the sofa filling myself with mince pies and chocolates bolusing merilly away.

Reactions: 10 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Must be some major problems with it if only two out of ten are sticking with it, still the 15th Dec isn't too far away.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sad news Dave but hopefully the new Roche pump will be a knockout success.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Sorry to hear you have been disappointed and disillusioned with the pod pump. Reading a couple of the USA sites, there does seem to be a problem which needs addressing big time. Hope you have better luck with the Roche pump.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
As of this evening, I'm back to stabbing myself 5 times a day.

The Cellnovo pump just wasn't working and of around ten or so that started at the same time as me, only two are sticking with it according to the DSN I spoke with earlier today. Addenbrookes are also going to stop offering it until the problems are ironed out. Just too many problems too often and I've lost confidence in it.

It's a shame really as the concept is pretty good, just didn't quite live up to it in practice.

Won't be on MDI for long though, startin on the Roche Insight on the 15th Dec, just in time for christmas. I can happily sit on the sofa filling myself with mince pies and chocolates bolusing merilly away.

When you scoff all the mince pirs and chocs you will have to consider a temporary basal rate too!!

At xmas with my extra scoffing it unbalances the basal bolus ratio if I don't and that then causes higher levels.....

Good luck for 15th....

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cheers all, yes somewhat disappointed, but after 6 weeks of persevering I just can't be putting any more mental energy into solving the continuous problems at this time of year when I'm busiest at work.

As you say, not long til the 15th anyway, and Roche are a fairly well known quantity, even though it's a new pump.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Roche are well known with superb customer service. You'll have no probs with their customer service. Hopefuly their pump n sets will be good too. I know I noticed their flexilink plus sets weren't good years back now and they were withdrawn after a while.

However Roche take and lof every fault (if any) very seriously and are superb in resolving any concerns etc...

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That must be disappointing, but onwards and upwards to Roche and hopefully you get a better experience with them!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good luck for the 15th, hopefully the new equipment will be top notch :)

Good luck and best wishes RRB

iHs

Big tip from me is watch carefully how the rep pairs the handset by bluetooth with the pump. It might come already paired though but,if not, watch carefully just in case something goes wrong

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
They are easy to pair - I have the older Roche pump and have had three handsets, pairing is easy and clearly detailed in the user guide.

iHs

They are easy to pair - I have the older Roche pump and have had three handsets, pairing is easy and clearly detailed in the user guide.

I got the Combo in 2010 and the rep paired the handset with the pump but did it so quick I didnt have much of a clue as to how he went about it. When i needed a new handset, the pairing instructions were not too easy to understand but when I needed another one, Accu chek had gone to a bit more bother and included step by step instructions so they must have had loads of phone calss requiring help

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Their handsets still a pain in bum for putting new batteries in. I had a new pump and handset in July (my pump had a fatal error) and the latest handset still has to have the battery copper things played with each time batteries get changed.

Let's hope they sorted this with the new handset!!

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Their handsets still a pain in bum for putting new batteries in. I had a new pump and handset in July (my pump had a fatal error) and the latest handset still has to have the battery copper things played with each time batteries get changed.

Let's hope they sorted this with the new handset!!
I think it's a rechargeable internal battery on the Insight's handset and either AA or AAA on the pump itself.

iHs

Its about 0.5" smaller than the Vibe and runs on AA battery and is heavier than the Spirit due to the casing its made from

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Lets hope the handset batteries are rechargable like the tablets, phones etc. that wld be so great!!!

flossyc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Insight collected from Addenbrookes on Tuesday and so far, so good. Handset is easy to use and very straight forward. Loads of new/different fetaures to use compared to Metronic. the pump itself is pretty slim and light and I much easier to conceal than the last and of course as you do not have to get at it during the day can be buried under layers of clothing wihtout issue.

Looking forward tot he weekend and reading through all of the literature provided and playing around with the PC software as this also looks to be a very useful and powerful tool.

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Have you got a prescription from your nurse to get the cartridges from the chemist? We have to pick up the prescription and take a cartridge with us... Getting mine on the 8th.

Just a warning note to people expecting to get new pumps at 4 years though... Some CCG's are now not funding replacements at 4 years.. Only when they go wrong!! So always make sure you have back up supplies for reverting to mdi!!

flossyc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am very lucky, in that both the team at Addenbrookes and my local GP are very efficient, the hospital contacted the GP directly and asked them to add the Cartridges to my repeat script a week or so before I picked the pump up, so I was able to pick them up well in advance to take with me.

H

Hooked

Awh, I'm gutted for you!
Thank goodness the 15th isn't too far away. That's an unbelievable number of people to stop using the pump, it must be bad! I thought perhaps you'd just had bad luck with it before now.
Fingers crossed for the 15th.