Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's 6:00 am and currently and still dark and eerily quiet out there but I have been up for a couple of hours now.

I was 5,3 mmol on waking up.

Can't bring myself to eat anything this early, so wonder if I will end up with a liver dump before breakfast.

Invited to lunch at a village near Larnaca today so that will make a nice day out with weather expected to remain fair and temperatures expected to reach 21 degrees centigrade.

View attachment 8991

View attachment 8992

View attachment 8993

Just why this makes it poor for walking the dog according to this app, I do not know, but it sure is a relief that the risk of hair frizz is only moderate:) lol.

Alas poor prospect for much skiing

Pavlos

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
21 degrees is just pleasantly cool; more or less what we set our air conditioning units at in the summer, when otherwise temperatures can reach the high thirties to mid forties. Now that is too hot!
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1417942626.289921.jpg

Pavlos

Reactions: 8 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
pre brekky at 8.15am..................5.1 (best I've had yet) Brekky will be 4 rashers smoked bacon and 2 fried eggs (again) done in butter + cup of tea with 1 sweetex.
2hrs on and...................................6.1
will edit and update as day goes on

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 18 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Whats going on here, so many people reporting "best ever values", its happy days for many and lets hope that it continues.

Reactions: 15 people

alliebee

I think we are all doing fantastically well...just imagine all of our doctors faces when we all go back for our next blood tests! Before long they will be encouraging all diabetics to follow a low carb diet!! :)

Reactions: 14 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I think we are all doing fantastically well...just imagine all of our doctors faces when we all go back for our next blood tests! Before long they will be encouraging all diabetics to follow a low carb diet!! :)

or start following the LCHF themselves , at least secretly .

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn

That's because of you stealing all the prawns:)

S

Sable_Jan

5.5 this morning
5.0 last night.
I'm not complaining but ????. Lowest I've ever been at night and on waking.

Must be the booze. But not MUCH booze. Still scratching my head but only and getting lots of splinters ?:D
Wot, no nuts!!!

Reactions: 9 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No idea . Tested and got 7 and 6.8 and 6.1 which seemed high - washed hands, and swapped to new pot of strips as the current one has been erratic to say least ( was last of a strange batch I had way back when and got left over ) - new strips 5.8 5.7 and a 6.6. I've added them all and average at 6.3. I only took one of my Metformin yesterday as I had terrible stomach pains so that may be why.

Reactions: 9 people

sjm1966

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
First successful test ever this morning was 5.2 (got the codefree meter delivered on Thursday after reading advice elsewhere on here) - diagnosed in July this year HbA1c 102, down to 86 in October and currently chomping my way through 4 Metformin a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 13 people
Status
Not open for further replies.