Are there any carbs in fresh air?

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The reason I'm asking is because this morning I registered a 7.0 before brekky then had a cup of tea, no sugar no sweeteners. Got washed and dressed and walked to town and back, approximately 3 1/2 - 4 miles. Monitored myself again after 2 1/2 hrs and I get a reading of 7.4 :bigtears: How can that be? Last thing I had to eat was my tea last night and after tea I was 5.4. Watch out for the air you breathe
Toxic-Waste-toxic-waste-mask-smiley-emoticon-000608-facebook.gif

Attachments

• Toxic-Waste-toxic-waste-mask-smiley-emoticon-000608-facebook.gif
    Toxic-Waste-toxic-waste-mask-smiley-emoticon-000608-facebook.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 256

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you have milk in your tea? Or you may be one of those people like myself whose BG's always seem to go up after exercise. :(

Reactions: 2 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you have milk in your tea? Or you may be one of those people like myself whose BG's always seem to go up after exercise. :(
Yep, skimmed milk. or is it the water?:yuck:

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I suffer quite badly from FOG (foot on ground) as soon as I surface and one toe hits the deck my blood sugar will start to rise.
Lucky for me I have a pump so can set my basals to stop the problem. Which obviously does't help you.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
lol yeh I was assuming, it was a late breakfast like mine normally is!

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The question is, what did you have for breakfast? :)
Now that's a damned good question....................
answer................nothing, just a cup of tea with no sugar, no sweeteners and skimmed milk.:confused:

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Exercise can cause unpredictable short-term sugar rises. I guess it's the liver trying to do it's job by dumping some glucose?

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Now that's a damned good question....................
answer................nothing, just a cup of tea with no sugar, no sweeteners and skimmed milk.:confused:
Sorry I edited my reply out as reread your post again. I read it as tested before breakfast then had a cuppa after.

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. Exercise can cause unpredictable short-term sugar rises. I guess it's the liver trying to do it's job by dumping some glucose?

A reading of 7.0 is high for me first thing in the morning, so decided to try and reduce it by having no brek and doing my normal morning walk.

" I guess it's the liver trying to do it's job by dumping some glucose?" would that be a good or bad thing? Still learning:confused:

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I would say that was your liver contributing glucose assuming that the walking exercise would be continuing and you needed more energy. You have to train them you know, but it's like training cats and I haven't got mine under full control yet.

PS especially if you had no breakfast.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would say that was your liver contributing glucose assuming that the walking exercise would be continuing and you needed more energy. You have to train them you know, but it's like training cats and I haven't got mine under full control yet.

PS especially if you had no breakfast.
Well that explains a lot then. No hope for me if my liver is behaving like a cat. I hate cats. I guess it knows that already.;)

Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
In the absence of food your liver will provide the energy you need for the morning ahead, this is where the term 'breakfast' comes from as it is breaking the fast, I'm a type 1 and if I don't eat breakfast my bg levels can be in double figures 2 hours after waking.

linda321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My BS usually goes up 3 or 4 mmol/l after 50 mins exercise class at the gym.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes mine goes up after any type of exercise regardless of whether I have eaten or not.

AlexMBrennan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd be worried if there were carbs in the air because you'd be at an imminent risk of a dust explosion.

Alasdair

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
you went up by 0.4. That's not a lot at all when you allow some wiggle room for meter accuracy / clean hands etc. I think it needs to be put into perspective.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My liver thinks that I am on the point of starvation every morning How can I train it to think otherwise :banghead:
CAROL

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
My liver thinks that I am on the point of starvation every morning How can I train it to think otherwise :banghead:
CAROL

Some people have reduced their DP by having a small snack before bed (a little cheese or some nuts). My DP seemed to go once I habitually had protein for breakfast (eggs, bacon) instead of cereal and toast pre-diagnosis. I guess the body adapts (I was going to say 'learn' although the liver seems to be quite intelligent ...).

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi , strange as it may seam....eat small regular snacks and have a small snack just as you go to bed , this keeps your liver busy and will even things out:))