Katie Hopkins

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Well, I think we should put Katie Hopkins in a boxing ring with ................ Russell Brand,:wacky: now I think that's a thread worth starting :hilarious: :p

RRB
let's hope Russell wins! At least his political views are sound!

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
The parade of misguided and brain dead fools in the western world put before us by a compliant media says just as much about their choices as it does about ours.

I HATE these so called "celebrities" with a passion beyond imagination. Losers and nobodies trading on their supposed fame. Yet still the networks put them up.

Reactions: 5 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
So everyone on this thread will be pleased to know that Katie Hopkins is in celebrity Big Brother then!!! :banghead:

Reactions: 2 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
You'll be glad to know that BB has just been dropped permanently in OZ because of shocking ratings. As one guy said here SOOO eloquently

"I refuse to waste my time watching other idiots waste theirs"

Reactions: 9 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
More has beens on a pathetic and mind numbing programme :yuck: :arghh: :banghead: didn't realise this garbage is still on :wideyed: dump it in a land fill site, far far away :D

Reactions: 6 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@catherinecherub
Thought you might all like this......

I saw bits of this at my dad's house, but too busy to watch all of it :D
She reminds me of the film 'Airplane' and the part when all the passengers are in the gangway lining up with a variety of 'weapons' for a passenger. I can just see KH sitting there .........................;)

Reactions: 6 people

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
What a great set of publicity photos Katie has got. She looked somewhat "rough" on BB last night, could hardly recognise her.

KittyKatty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There is always a healthy job market in the media for those willing to polarise and cause controversy. KH appears to be one such person. She's like the current boo hiss pantomime villain. And if she didn't do it, I'm quite sure someone else would.

I think her view on obesity was simplistic at times but it can't be denied that obesity was far less common, say 30 or 40 years ago. Food habits I'm sure has caused the bulk of the obesity epidemic. Plus everyone leads such busy lives. Many parents work, are too rushed from commuting to cook properly for themselves and their children. Also sedentary desk likes are so common nowadays which must be a more socially acceptable, economically acceptable version of a couch potato! There are some people who are immobile through illness so aren't able to burn off calories. I understand the battle to maintain slenderness such people must have but I can't say the same for myself.

Me, average weekend before diabetes diagnosis::oops:

2 large cakes with buttercream
About 10 bars of chocolate
2 packets of biscuits
A whole bloomer or whole sliced loaf
Chips
Pizza
Crisps
Trifle
Roast potatoes

All burned off by me doing nothing but sitting by the computer, too tired to go out and about. I even had the groceries delivered to me because I couldn't be bothered to shop.

My life was sedentary and greedy. I had to face that fact finally when I was given my diabetes diagnosis.

I won't judge anyone else, however. If Katy Hopkins - or anyone else - had pointed out the madness of my lifestyle back then, I would have been tearful and defensive. It's the height of social rudeness to point out someone's weight. But as Ricky Gervais said, would you chuckle fondly as a dear friend or relative injected themselves with heroin?

I watched the Too Fat To Work show on Channel 5. Another polemic show.
I pity those people for getting stuck in a rut but I also condemn successive governments for giving the wrong sort of help.

There are no easy solutions but I do wholeheartedly agree that no=one should be persecuted or bullied for being overweight.:(

beardie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The parade of misguided and brain dead fools in the western world put before us by a compliant media says just as much about their choices as it does about ours.

I HATE these so called "celebrities" with a passion beyond imagination. Losers and nobodies trading on their supposed fame. Yet still the networks put them up.
What is that signature about?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Finally got round to watching @Scandichic 's video.

KH's poor children.
They have no choice in their friends.
They have their childhood limited and controlled by a bullying hypocritical snob.
They have to live in the toxic environment that woman exudes.

Poor, poor things.

I had no idea who the woman was until this thread was posted. Knowing she exists has saddened me.

Poor kids. :(

beardie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Finally got round to watching @Scandichic 's video.

KH's poor children.
They have no choice in their friends.
They have their childhood limited and controlled by a bullying hypocritical snob.
They have to live in the toxic environment that woman exudes.

Poor, poor things.

I had no idea who the woman was until this thread was posted. Knowing she exists has saddened me.

Poor kids. :(
She is no Hitler, but no angel either.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
There's nothing wrong with Katie Hopkins that reincarnation wont cure :meh: :cool:

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is going to make me really unpopular but I liked the show.

I am obese (actually was I'm now just "overweight") because I eat to much and I'm lazy. Lol. I agree it's become too socially acceptable to be big and for me personally I just think we need people to tell us it straight!

(Obv this doesn't apply to everyone as some people have medical issues) but for most fat people (me included) she is right, move more and eat less.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
This is going to make me really unpopular but I liked the show.

I am obese (actually was I'm now just "overweight") because I eat to much and I'm lazy. Lol. I agree it's become too socially acceptable to be big and for me personally I just think we need people to tell us it straight!

(Obv this doesn't apply to everyone as some people have medical issues) but for most fat people (me included) she is right, move more and eat less.
Don't think its that simple. I think it's the combo of high fat and high carb so you can have relatively small quantity but if you eat something like carbonara where you have pasta in sauce which is high in fat so high carb high fat, you then have lots of insulin, energy not used and a recipe for dis aster.