Now the X-PERT advice is low carb, high fat

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I will. :) I'm searching for my test results right now. Thank you for this Trudi. It would be great if this could be in both of the publications you mention.

Reactions: 2 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Pipp - we advise NHS organisations that they invite people to attend an annual update but unfortunately we have no power to enforce this.
Thank you.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
OK - anybody who wants to be involved. if you want to email me at [email protected] by 16th February with the following information:
1. Date started on low carb diet
2. Grams of carbs per typical day
3. HbA1c levels with dates
4. Weight levels with dates
5. Any other clinical indicators especially triglycerides, HDL, LDL, blood pressure, eGFR, GGT (liver function test), waist size, CRP (level of inflammation) with dates
6. Any other benefits e.g. increased energy levels, reduced hypoglycaemia, better sleep, reduced hunger etc.
7. Any negatives?
8. Any other comments

I will then draft a paper and circulate to you for approval all before submission. I think Primary Care Diabetes would be a good journal. Also what about the Diabetes UK Balance magazine??

I will stick my neck on the block here - and approve this .
Normal protocol here - is to have this type of scene run past the approval team .
As has been reported in .

It is a huge step forward to influence change(s) within Diabetes I understand .

Reactions: 17 people

Deakint

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I will stick my neck on the block here - and approve this .
Normal protocol here - is to have this type of scene run past the approval team .
As has been reported in .

It is a huge step forward to influence change(s) within Diabetes I understand .

Thanks Anna and sorry I had no idea so please excuse my naivety.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Done Trudi

Thank you.

Donnellysdog appreciates your help. This has been my lifestyle for majority of 50+ years and I have sent you an email. Although I am a T1. You are welcome to my medical records if you wanted them.

Was talking about you and your book etc at a health & wellbeing event today. The gym person had a sign up saying "eat plenty of starchy carbs"

I have given him details of your courses, your book, the big fat surprise book, the low carb evolution book and Southport GP work on research at his practice on low carbing..

I have also put a fun bet on with my hubby that the gym person will reverse his thoughts within 10 days. That the notices he has in the exhibition lasting till Friday this week will be changed...

Thank you Trudi

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

Deakint

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Done Trudi

Thank you.

Donnellysdog appreciates your help. This has been my lifestyle for majority of 50+ years and I have sent you an email. Although I am a T1. You are welcome to my medical records if you wanted them.

Was talking about you and your book etc at a health & wellbeing event today. The gym person had a sign up saying "eat plenty of starchy carbs"

I have given him details of your courses, your book, the big fat surprise book, the low carb evolution book and Southport GP work on research at his practice on low carbing..

I have also put a fun bet on with my hubby that the gym person will reverse his thoughts within 10 days. That the notices he has in the exhibition lasting till Friday this week will be changed...

Thank you Trudi

Haha - let us know the outcome! Thanks for your story and health results. I think patients' stories can be very influential.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
eXpert down DAFNE to go! You couldn't share your findings with the carb-fest AKA DAFNE trainers could you Trudi? In fact I might make a present of the book to the dietician and nurse that ran my ill-fated course!

Smidge

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A big thanks to @IanD For starting this great and wonderful discussion. Having Dr Trudi Deakin on this thread must be one of the Forums greatest achievements that can only be good for all diabetics.
Best of luck Trudy on Monday with launch of your book

Reactions: 18 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
eXpert down DAFNE to go! You couldn't share your findings with the carb-fest AKA DAFNE trainers could you Trudi? In fact I might make a present of the book to the dietician and nurse that ran my ill-fated course!

Smidge
I second that !
And one for practice nurse/GP/DSN/Dietician... Ah, what the hell, I'll just go for an artic load :D

Signy

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Please note trudi is not attempting to promote her book here .
It is forum members own decision and choice with this .

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
A big thanks to @IanD For starting this great and wonderful discussion. Having Dr Trudi Deakin on this thread must be one of the Forums greatest achievements that can only be good for all diabetics.
Best of luck Trudy on Monday with launch of your book

Totally agree and thank you Dr Deakin for active involvement with us...

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Please note trudi is not attempting to promote her book here .
It is forum members own decision and choice with this .

At no point has Trudi mentioned her book!!!

I was impressed with one thing that I did not realise at all is that x-pert is a registered charity....

It is great to have a fuller explanation.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was impressed that Trudi wants to collate our results. She doesn't need to do that. It is definitely my decision to forward mine to her. I can't see any reason why I wouldn't want her to use them. I mention anything relevant to anyone who reads this forum already, so why not forward them to her? Thank you Dr Deakin for being willing and able to help us.

Reactions: 10 people

Deakint

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Smidge

We'll be having a stand next door to DAFNE at the Diabetes UK conference so you never know!!! Watch this space...............

Reactions: 7 people

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Deakint

Thank you for participating. I hope with your influence you'd be able to share our anecdotal experiences with those who haven't got access to forums such as the DCUK and to the general public/diabetics. :) it's good that you had PR work with DailyMail as well, to get the message across (has been shared 2k times). Most of us here do the low carb diet with a few modifications depending on personal lifestyle, medical history and preference :)

Reactions: 8 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Dr Deakin, my details e-mailed this evening as PDF, with my thanks :)

Reactions: 8 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Brilliant Trudi, thanks for your participation here, a breath of fresh air - I'll be in touch :)

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
That's exactly my point.
I don't post to get approval from others.
I post to show others what works for me.
Just me, and how I live doesn't need your approval.
I'm happy as I am, and that's what works for me.
I don't need you to be happy for me.
If you need others to approve how you eat, and find them, that's fine as well.
It's down to whatever works.
I don't need others approval either, but I admit that it's not a bad feeling when 4 of my friends who have noticed my drastic physical improvement asked how I did it and are now trying the Diet Doctor's LCHF diet at my suggestion. Two of them aren't even over weight. I suspect a few more may also try it too. I apologize if it makes you jealous or annoyed or whatever when I post how ridiculously successful and easy my LCHF diet has been, but, like you, I figure the more I post about it, the more new people on this forum may want to try it as well. I may even start a "blog" about it on this forum. Feel free to criticize my posts, but try not to be too (is that a word?) - i.e. deliberately misconstrue what I've written. If people want to follow your example and try the Newcastle diet so they can keep eating processed junk food and stay on metformin and other meds, then that's ok with me. Personally, I don't call that "working", but as long as you're happy, that's all that matters and I approve and I'm truly happy for you from the bottom of my heart. I even find it entertaining when you post about the terrible junk food you eat. Please keep that up. I'd never heard of "After Eight" ice cream. Is that a real thing? Amazing! I should peruse the ice cream section more often when I shop. Anyway, I'm off to the gym now to do a little running and weight lifting. Ta ta!

unnecessary word removed - Anna29

Reactions: 15 people