" Eat Fat " - Trudi Deakin's New Book

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So in my hot little hands I have a copy of the new book - I haven't had time for more than a speed read through, but it looks excellent :) . It contains the science behind it, clear guidelines as to what you CAN eat on the LCHF lifestyle, the benefits, recipe suggestions and a good resource list . So far, well worth buying, even if you have followed this for some time.

I look forward to reading it thoroughly later :)

Signy

Reactions: 18 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Just got mine this a.m.
Unfortunately due to weather and family pressures, looks like I won't make the book premier this evening!

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well the 3 of us on this thread so far already follow LCHF. It would be good to know if anyone else who may have had doubts about it before now will be buying a copy to check out the book for themselves. Anyone?

Reactions: 5 people

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
i just had a quick look on Amazon and couldn't see it :(

Anyone have a link?

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Yep, mine also just arrived - something to read on the train to London on Wednesday if not before :)

Reactions: 6 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Edit:
there seems to be a flyer for a free program (re reversing Diabetes?) starting Feb! ( maybe because I'm nearby!)

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can anyone tell me how much scary medical info there's in it.. I suffer from Health anxiety so would find that too overwhelming at the minute. X

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well the 3 of us on this thread so far already follow LCHF. It would be good to know if anyone else who may have had doubts about it before now will be buying a copy to check out the book for themselves. Anyone?
Hi @zand I am not on the LCHF diet ( vegan type diet which is quite close to the LCHF diet ), yet fully support your diet.
I have a good interest in forward thinking from current results from diets,
I have a meeting at our local clinic tomorrow, It will be so good to hear what is said regarding Trudi's book.
I know you do not like nit picking, and I nit pick about the word "high" but I am coming to terms.
Enjoy the book as many of us will enjoy LCHF or not.:)

Reactions: 2 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Edit:
there seems to be a flyer for a free program (re reversing Diabetes?) starting Feb! ( maybe because I'm nearby!)
edit :
Now signed up for the course 5:30 8:00 for 6 wks from 02/02/15
only 14.5 miles over the hills (hope the gritters are out those nights!)
Xpert 067.jpg

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Got mine today too, not had a chance to look at it yet tho'.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @zand I am not on the LCHF diet ( vegan type diet which is quite close to the LCHF diet ), yet fully support your diet.
I have a good interest in forward thinking from current results from diets,
I have a meeting at our local clinic tomorrow, It will be so good to hear what is said regarding Trudi's book.
I know you do not like nit picking, and I nit pick about the word "high" but I am coming to terms.
Enjoy the book as many of us will enjoy LCHF or not.:)

@izzzi. I don't consider that your own reservations about the high fat bit is nit-picking. I myself have varied the amount of fat I eat whilst remaining with low carb. I am experimenting with more fat now. I'll let you know how I get on in a few months time.

To me the low carb bit has always been the most important bit of the equation. The amount of fat is the amount we each need personally to satiate our appetite. That's up to the individual. I like the fact that Dr Deakin has said 80% fat because some people may have been frightened to try it because of past (wrong) warnings about the dangers of saturated fat. The 80% says to me that you can eat fat freely. I don't take it as a prescriptive amount for each and every one of us. In the Summer I tend to have less fat than in the Winter. As long as I eat enough fat so I am not hungry and tempted to eat more carbs or protein then I'm happy with that.

Reactions: 12 people

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Just got mine this a.m.
Unfortunately due to weather and family pressures, looks like I won't make the book premier this evening!
Shame you cant make it as it is only around corner from yourself .
I am approx. 30miles away - but have grandmother duties tonight .