" Eat Fat " - Trudi Deakin's New Book

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
You're absolutely right @Heathenlass I usually buy Fage Greek yoghurt and ASDA do a really large tub but it's 0%, they only do the 500mg tubs in full fat :-(

Reactions: 2 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I showed it to our local Pharmacist & she wants to read it (borrow MY copy :( )

I've ordered 3 more.

I'm beginning to get this mental visual of myself, @IanD and a few of the usual suspects carrying messenger bags of this book, and doorstepping random diabetics with :

" Good morning ! :) Have you heard the words of The Lard ? " :D:D

Signy

Reactions: 23 people

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
I'm beginning to get this mental visual of myself, @IanD and a few of the usual suspects carrying messenger bags of this book, and doorstepping random diabetics with :

" Good morning ! :) Have you heard the words of The Lard ? " :D:D

Signy

O dear... as my toddler is constantly saying. But I think more people will have heard my LCHF message than my Gospel message of salvation through Jesus Christ.

Reactions: 8 people

rowan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I got my copy today, it's a very easy read and I think ideal for anyone starting out on lchf :)

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
edit :
Now signed up for the course 5:30 8:00 for 6 wks from 02/02/15
only 14.5 miles over the hills (hope the gritters are out those nights!)
View attachment 10973
the council down here are too tight to buy-in to the X-pert teachings.
Got my 1st of 2 hr group meetings on healthy living for T2, going to be interesting & most likely going to give them some stick, will be taking Trudi's book with me. hehe.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
the council down here are too tight to buy-in to the X-pert teachings.
Got my 1st of 2 hr group meetings on healthy living for T2, going to be interesting & most likely going to give them some stick, will be taking Trudi's book with me. hehe.
I'll hold yer coat, 3 falls , one knockout ...........

Reactions: 5 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Just received my copy today too. Looks like a good introduction, but feel I've learned most of it off this forum!

Reactions: 11 people

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'll hold yer coat, 3 falls , one knockout ...........
Trust me I wont be going at full tilt to start, will let them say thier bit then watch the sparks fly over torbay. It will be thier fault cause they have taken 4 months to get me on the sessions, learnt alot in that time.

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Trust me I wont be going at full tilt to start, will let them say thier bit then watch the sparks fly over torbay. It will be thier fault cause they have taken 4 months to get me on the sessions, learnt alot in that time.
Well interesting day at the healthy living for T2, basic NHS stuff with the healthy eating plate as expected, but in the break I asked the dietitian if she had heard of Dr Trudi Deakin, & she said she had as she had done the x-pert training when she was in wales, I showed her the eat fat book & her comment was "well how interesting, I shall be ordering her book & it's going to be buzzing in the office this afternoon", She seemed really interested, which is a good thing & my mean some changes in thier thinking & instruction on to manage T2.

Reactions: 14 people

Kaz70

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a friend who's a community nurse and 'interesting' was the word she used as well when I told her about it, although she hasn't seen the book yet!

Reactions: 4 people

Kaz70

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just made the almond & walnut scones out of the new book, very nice - the problem is stopping myself eating them all

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I ordered the book yesterday.... it says to allow upto 14 days for delivery.... I hope it comes sooner... I'm too impatient!

I've been trying the LCHF plan for a couple of weeks now, I'm seeing BG's come down but no real steady weight loss as yet, just some fluctuations.... Hopefully the book will inspire me futher. One thing I have noticed though is my eyesight has imporved due to lower sugar.... that's a relief.

S

Reactions: 11 people

rowan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I ordered the book yesterday.... it says to allow upto 14 days for delivery.... I hope it comes sooner... I'm too impatient!

I've been trying the LCHF plan for a couple of weeks now, I'm seeing BG's come down but no real steady weight loss as yet, just some fluctuations.... Hopefully the book will inspire me futher. One thing I have noticed though is my eyesight has imporved due to lower sugar.... that's a relief.

S

I got my book in a about a week ;)
And I've had the same problems with my eyes, and have just started seeing an improvement over the last day or two, such a relief!

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I got my book in a about a week ;)
And I've had the same problems with my eyes, and have just started seeing an improvement over the last day or two, such a relief!

Great, fingers crossed it will arrive early next week then. Yes, it's nice when you can see things again!

rowan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I noticed it more last night, didn't have to struggle to read my book when I went to bed, it's been a real struggle for the last few weeks even with my prescription glasses on! :)

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

S
I find it crazy the all these years it looks like sugar has played a major role in bringing down peoples health when they said it was fat that was the course, things are going to have to change big time.

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

S

My book arrived pretty quickly, within a couple of days. I've been doing low carb, but after an initial weight loss, I appear to have stalled :-( I have noticed the same with my vision, so much so that I forget to put my specs on as I can see!

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

Kaz70

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
People shouldn't have been told to give up butter & cheese according to breakfast tv on both channels 1 & 3 this morning!

Reactions: 6 people