Feeling peed off sorry for it being a negative first post :(

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
neuropathy sensations in my face tonight are doing my sweed in might have to take some pain meds 1st time on years but this is really starting to do my noggin in even with my high pain thresh hold

anyone else get these burning feelings and anything that can be done bar meds ?

cheers

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
neuropathy sensations in my face tonight are doing my sweed in might have to take some pain meds 1st time on years but this is really starting to do my noggin in even with my high pain thresh hold

anyone else get these burning feelings and anything that can be done bar meds ?

cheers
Hi Mossy77, Just been reading through the thread, seems you had a bit of a raw deal.

Have you tested you sugars recently what are they at the moment.

Neil

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
sugars are still sweet dude only too high readings this month from trying different foods but nothing to high

Reactions: 2 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
sugars are still sweet dude only too high readings this month from trying different foods but nothing to high
Hi I think I have a little neuropathy in my feet, sometimes it's painful to walk on the ball of my feet, but minor.

When I was diagnosed I had a lot of tingling in my arms and legs in particular at night, but all that has subsided now.

Although you say you sugars are good, from what I have read testing 2 a day will never tell you what they are, as you have to test the food your having.
Example my sugars are very good my recent HbA1c is down to 41 from 46. BUT tonight had a Pitta Bread only 1/2, it spiked me to 9.3mmol/L.

I personally think you need to get a handle on your sugars buy regular testing, I have seen that it may be difficult for you to afford the test strips but what everyone is saying here is it's about at the most £6.95 for 50 strips if you get the SD CODE FREE they would last you a week, but once you have tested certain combinations of food you don't need to test any more, only when you are having something different, I don't test Breakfast or Dinner anymore as they are always similar.

The last thing is you have to get some exercise, walking briskly if possibly will make you muscles suck the sugars out of the blood, will help your circulation and in turn have a major impact on improving you neuropathy.

It is possible as many are doing it on here to get the numbers consistently down, I genuinely believe you need to be testing the food your eating and exercising.

Neil

Reactions: 6 people

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
im non stop bro every day i think the main part of it is that ive been looking up is the lack of rest i get ie this week so far ive had 7 hours sleep 2 hours monday 2 hours tuesday and 3 hours last night its been the same for a few years i can go without kip for days

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
im non stop bro every day i think the main part of it is that ive been looking up is the lack of rest i get ie this week so far ive had 7 hours sleep 2 hours monday 2 hours tuesday and 3 hours last night its been the same for a few years i can go without kip for days
Wot u up too ? You haven't got three wives on the go have you mossy77.

Reactions: 4 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Mossy77, I think you have your answer. But I am a bit confused, what are you doing to be missing all these meals and only getting a few hours sleep, because I thought you had lost your job. If your Working hours like that it will not help your diabetes nor missing the meals. It would be madness after what you have described what had happened to your brothers that you are not taking more care of yourself by getting into a routine. You have to reassess lifestyle so that you can get some control.

Neil

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
Lol clive the ones enough buddy but the mistreses are another thing ;)

daddy,s i do school runs for 2 of my grandkids my other 2 grandkids come around every other day i run a non profit charity witch takes up alot of time im out collecting stuff and raising funds before all this i had my own business and was out a lot just never really eat alot but eat at the wrong times and wrong things

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lol clive the ones enough buddy but the mistreses are another thing ;)

daddy,s i do school runs for 2 of my grandkids my other 2 grandkids come around every other day i run a non profit charity witch takes up alot of time im out collecting stuff and raising funds before all this i had my own business and was out a lot just never really eat alot but eat at the wrong times and wrong things

Been out sorry

Hi Mossy77, What can I say you, have to think of yourself, I'm not saying you have to stop sorting out your grand kids but after that it should all be about you.
There is no point looking for elsewhere for answers, when you hold all the cards. You have the answer, regular meals, testing, testing, testing. and get the rest that you should get with some exercise, there ain't any other way out of this situation if you want to improve, you cannot shortcut anything, it's up to you...............! It's your choice.......?

Neil

Reactions: 7 people

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
im doing ok dude not been online much had my diabetic eye test all is good had feet test all good bloods are good diet is going ok just need to get back to grafting hows u bud

Reactions: 4 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
im doing ok dude not been online much had my diabetic eye test all is good had feet test all good bloods are good diet is going ok just need to get back to grafting hows u bud
Glad your ok mossy77, im having treatment for prostate cancer,should know more thursday after op' :))

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
fooking hell son sorry to hear that my fingers are crossed for you my brother in law i was saying about with brain tumor has days left i fooking hate that diasese seen it take too many people i love

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
fooking hell son sorry to hear that my fingers are crossed for you my brother in law i was saying about with brain tumor has days left i fooking hate that diasese seen it take too many people i love
Cheers mossy77, i 'm optomistic at the moment , we'll see what happens ! Thanks for your support bro, its appreciated .
Glad to hear your settling into some sort of routine , keep in touch , all the best ::))