1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Feeling peed off sorry for it being a negative first post :(

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by mossy77, Dec 13, 2014.

1. mossy77

mossy77 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

2. mossy77

oh god peanut butter is lush dammmm where has that been all my life

• Like Like x 2
  3. mossy77

am i right aswell as watching carbs u need to watch protein aswell ?

are burgers on own with no bun bad as its the only thing ive eat twice now with bit of onion and bs has gone higher

4. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi,

The general rule is to eat normal amounts of protein.
    I wouldn't cut down on protein unless you were eating too much before starting LC. If you cut protein down, when dieting/changing eating style, whether low carb or low cal, you risk losing muscle mass instead of fat.

If the burgers were good quality, very high meat content, no added rusk or other crud, then they shouldn't be a problem. Ketchup has a large % of sugar.
    Were the burgers homemade? (It's astonishingly easy to make them)
    If bought, do you still have the packaging? That'll give you the carb content.
    If they came from a burger chain, they'll have the nutrition listed on their website.

:)

• Like Like x 4
  5. mossy77

from the butchers hun his a mate and told him my problem he said there all processed but no rusk and 99% beef 1% seasoning its gone up twice now yesterday and today to 9.4 yesterday and 8.4 today not a major problem but that burning sensation starts at about 8 to 8.5mmol ie doctor said that usely only happens when really high she said i must be more sensative ?

6. beardie

beardie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Did you get your 29th result Mossy77

7. Brunneria

Staff Member

Hmmm, they shouldn't have sent you too high...

What was your BG before eating?
    And what else did you eat at the same time?

8. Brunneria

Staff Member

I wonder if the seasoning has monosodium glutamate in it. That always spikes me.

Unlikely, but worth asking. :)

9. Lemmonrose

Lemmonrose Type 2 · Member

I'm fairly new to this, I can't offer you much advice as I'm still learning myself. I was shocked at how, just after my diagnosis, from feeling ill with lots of symptoms, things escalated very quickly. To suddenly find that your eyes are damaged, your heart is damaged, you are getting every bug under the sun, you blood is "thick" etc. etc. is a hell of a lot to cope with. In my (and half the nations) ignorance I saw diabetes as an old fat persons disease (sorry), but here I am 57, up till now quite fit, active, a little overweight. I can tell you that having dropped and watched my carbs, 6 weeks in I feel better, look better and am beginning to look forward to everday life. At one stage my eyes very quickly could not focus, and I was worried sick that I was going blind. Pleased to report though that having got my levels under control, my vision is back to normal. I'm not an angel with the eating, but I certainly try, and as time goes on I realise that the changes I am making are making a difference to how I feel. Keep those changes going, stick with it, and forgive yourself if you slip up occasionally - we are only human. Good luck and hang in there x

• Like Like x 7
  10. Clivethedrive

Clivethedrive Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi mossy, how's you? The advice from here is to really get your bs levels down to 5.5 if you can , for me it means weighing my food and being fairly strict with my lchf regime.....I know this is a lot to take in , but the alternatives....::(( Not good! Try and read up on the lchf receipes there's a lot of good foods we can eat still, you will feel so much better as you get into the routine ::))

11. Brunneria

Staff Member

I would recommend that anyone have a read of bloodsugar101 website (see link in my sig). It gives excellent info on what normal BG is, and the increasing risk of complications the higher and longer we spend above normal (the site is written mainly for type 2s, but I think it has good info for everyone).

The targets are a bit lower than the NHS targets - but I firmly believe that is the reason why the NHS thinks that diabetes (type 2) is a progressive disease, while there is growing evidence (bloodsugar101 and Bernstein's Diabetes Solution, and the Newcastle Diet study) showing that this is not necessarily the case.

• Like Like x 4
  12. mossy77

yes buddy

well been back the doctors and yes i have diabeates

my HbA1c took on 26/11/14 was 62
    my HbA1c took on 10/12/14 was 64

i told her ive spoke to u guys and researched and put myself on a no carb / low carb low / no sugar diet she was well impressed wanted to give me meds for it but told her my bloods have been good since starting the diet and im happy doing it this way as dont want to take meds weighed me aswell and lost 3kg since last weigh in last month :) :) not alot but its a start

cheers guys

• Like Like x 8
  13. mossy77

yerr feeling alot better already bro all down to you lot mad aint it our doctors fook us over and its down to normal people to advise people mad mad world

• Like Like x 2
  14. mossy77

cheers all im watching loads of video,s off here this new machine the stupid doctor give me is doing my sweed in only had it a day looks like im going to have to try and buy the cassette for mine :(

• Like Like x 2
  15. Clivethedrive

Clivethedrive Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hey mossy good on yer bro, keep up the good work an happy new year to you an the Mrs::))

• Like Like x 2
  16. beardie

thats lower than mine was mate and I'm classed as cured by the idiots in the NHS.

• Like Like x 2
  17. beardie

That may have been a bit harsh.

18. beardie

oops wrong quote

19. beardie

That may have been a bit harsh on the NHS

• Like Like x 2
  20. mossy77

Sorry not been on here bit of a bad week (bro in hospital )

right been to see diabetic nurse at gp,s today 1st appointment all foot pulses good bp good bs good

ive had no test strips since last thursday they wouldnt give me none till id seen nurse

shes told me that i only need to test twice a day at different meal times on different days

told me if next ac test hasnt dropped they will put me on meds

my bs has been sweet tbh well upto thursday last week it was

also told me not to eat more than 2 eggs a week ?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook